Sign in to follow this  
DeaLerZ

Cam Newton vs. Packers

I've had him in both leagues but started Cutler and Ryan over him in both.......think I may be regretting that. If he continues this he may be a top 5 QB must start going forward.

He is making the NFL look easy.

I ended up starting him over Matt Ryan in my small money league.

Couldn't bear starting him over stafford in the big money league...but Stafford looks good too so that choice isn't worrying me. If he keeps this up, I may have some tough decisions as to who to start at QB soon.

3 of 10 for 25 yards, O TDs and 2 INT (Should be 3.... hit collins right between the 3 and the 6)

since this first post :cheers:

I mentioned this earlier in a different thread before the ints came. I think they will let him air it out this year but against good D's (not the cards), mistakes will come and teams will figure him out. He isn't Vick 2.0 yet.

I could be wrong. So far in 2 games his stats are decent except the 3 ints so far. The rushing helps negate that but so far just an ok game however we know it is against a better D this time.

2 straight 400 yard games and multi TD's Newton is having the best start I have seen for a rookie QB since Marino

The packers are 2-0 which obviously is most important but are currently on pace to allow about 7000 yards passing this year.

That might be a record.

Now he gets the Jags in week 3 :shocking: . Decision time for those who have him as their backup QB. Start your regular guy or go with Cam ?

Go with Cam against the Jags unless you have Rodgers, Brady, Brees, or Vick. Maybe Rivers too but I don't know who his opponent is next week.

Go with Cam against the Jags unless you have Rodgers, Brady, Brees, or Vick. Maybe Rivers too but I don't know who his opponent is next week.

This :thumbsup:

Alas, to have Vick and Cam as a backup.

have this in 1 league, the only league i was able to snag Cam. Doesn't really feel all that great tbh. I'm not taking Vick out, and I'm not gonna get much for Cam in a trade with all sorts of qbs just throwing up sickness. Nice to have on the bench for down the season if he can keep it up though...

I ended up starting him over Matt Ryan in my small money league.

I did the exact same thing - wow, turned out like a peach.

:thumbsup:

I don't know I think this week is the week the RB's roll up huge stats as they shouldn't be playing from behind.

Would you start Cam over Stafford (at Minn) this week?