Sign in to follow this  
dream_team

When do I start playing Stafford?

I have Rivers, but drafted Stafford as the backup. Stafford's hot start is no fluke! So this begs the question, when do you start giving Stafford the starting job?

I have Rivers, but drafted Stafford as the backup. Stafford's hot start is no fluke! So this begs the question, when do you start giving Stafford the starting job?

I have the same two and was wondering the same thing. Good question.

Not this week.

Expound on this please.

K.C. is a mess so San Deigo will have a lead early and may not continue throwing (will they even need to?).

Minny can score via ADP and this game will be closer than the S.D.-K.C. game. :unsure:

you obviously should trade 1 of em and upgrade elsewhere, having 2 top 5 potentially QB's is a waste.

I agree; it's just finding someone who is willing to give you value for that top tier QB. :dunno:

I'm probably rolling with Stafford this week as he's on a hotter streak in a closer game.

You mean you saw Stafford all preseason, saw him put up 300+ and 3 TD against Tampa Bay, watched the Chiefs give up 41 points to the Bills, saw Eric Berry go on IR, and still kept him on the bench against the Chiefs in Week 2?

I would absolutely start him this week. What's so scary about Minnesota?

You mean you saw Stafford all preseason, saw him put up 300+ and 3 TD against Tampa Bay, watched the Chiefs give up 41 points to the Bills, saw Eric Berry go on IR, and still kept him on the bench against the Chiefs in Week 2?

I would absolutely start him this week. What's so scary about Minnesota?

For me, I started Rivers over Stafford week 2 because it seemed likely a shootout in N.E. would occur. I left a handful of points on the bench but it seemed the safer play. :dunno:

I have another Stafford scenario.

I drafted Ben and Staff.

Picked up Cam after week one... just in case.

All three are on my bench ... who gets the keys this week?

I drafted Ben and Staff.

I have basically the same QB situation (minus Cam). Even as a Steelers fan, Ben is firmly on my bench until he proves otherwise, or until Stafford falters. I don't see either happening either time soon. I don't like this matchup for Ben, either - the Colts can't stop the run, and Pittsburgh should get a comfortable lead early on = busy day for Mendenhall and the running game.

As for Cam, that's tougher. I like the matchup against the Jags...but I just get the feeling that at any point he's liable to start looking like a rookie and ruin your game.

I drafted Ben and Staff.

IMO Stafford. Ben won't have to throw much and Cam can't keep up this pace. :unsure:

Well I didn't think he would keep pace after week 1 going against the Pack ... and NO ONE thought that he would even have a pace or a pulse going into the season. The dude was on par with Clausen before the season ... how can you say he won't keep the pace?

Well I didn't think he would keep pace after week 1 going against the Pack ... and NO ONE thought that he would even have a pace or a pulse going into the season. The dude was on par with Clausen before the season ... how can you say he won't keep the pace?

I just typed letters on my keyboard............ :ninja:

I put an :unsure: behind it; jeez.

Stafford is my backup and I only have 2 quarterbacks on my team in a 10 team league. I started Vick in weeks 1 and 2. "Indictors" say Vick starts week3 against the Giants. But logic tells me that the Eagles might have him practicing to give the appearance that he plays. The defense will be spending lots of time specifically geared to stopping Vick. So, the Eagles gain if they can get the defense NOT preparing for the 2nd string quarterback and his particular tendancies. Is that what the Eagles are doing? Probably not, but probably not still means there is a chance Vick doesn't play. So, I have to ask myself if the difference between Vick and Stafford this upcoming week is enough to lose the game for me. No. So, the prudent move is for me to start Stafford instead of Vick. I don't expect Stafford to fly off the handles like the last 2 weeks, but I think a minimum of 15 points in standard yahoo scoring can be expected. So, I think it just depends on an individual's particular situation.

I'd sit Rivers during his bye week, that's it. It think this is a pretty silly thread personally.

In my league Stafford has already been traded away. Trade Stafford or Rivers if you don't want to deal with this weekly question.

you obviously should trade 1 of em and upgrade elsewhere, having 2 top 5 potentially QB's is a waste.

While this is mostly true, there is something to strategy of having one less stud roaming around for your opponents to use. If you have a strong team in addition to your double stud QB situation, why trade one and strengthen an opponent and weaken you severely in the event your starter gets hurt? Weakening other teams strengthens you...

While this is mostly true, there is something to strategy of having one less stud roaming around for your opponents to use. If you have a strong team in addition to your double stud QB situation, why trade one and strengthen an opponent and weaken you severely in the event your starter gets hurt? Weakening other teams strengthens you...

I disagree, no matter how strong of a team you have, you dont think you can maybe package a for example Greg Jennings and Stafford for Calvin or Andre?. How bout a Fred Jackson and Rivers for Rice. There are plenty of scenarios where you can improve your team and while even though it strengthens your opponents, it makes your team even that much stronger. I dont worry about injuries personally, if it happens it happens, but there are still viable starters out there. If Rivers gets hurt Volek becomes a viable starter (not spectacular) and if Stafford gets hurt, we already have seen how dynamic Hill can be (from a fantasy prospective)

I disagree, no matter how strong of a team you have, you dont think you can maybe package a for example Greg Jennings and Stafford for Calvin or Andre?. How bout a Fred Jackson and Rivers for Rice. There are plenty of scenarios where you can improve your team and while even though it strengthens your opponents, it makes your team even that much stronger. I dont worry about injuries personally, if it happens it happens, but there are still viable starters out there. If Rivers gets hurt Volek becomes a viable starter (not spectacular) and if Stafford gets hurt, we already have seen how dynamic Hill can be (from a fantasy prospective)

Making your team stronger is relative and those trades in my opinion make your trade partner much more strong, so you may be handing him the trophy.

Well met, sir. If you are not starting Stafford it's because you've been collecting your mail from Jerome Simpson's house. Huzzah! Start with confidence young lad.

I have a Gnome in my pants.