Sign in to follow this  
Master Pain

NO Saints WR values

Out of all the WR's that Breese throws to. How would you rate them going forward? Does Colston take his #1 spot back??

Colston

Meachem

Henderson

Moore

Out of all the WR's that Breese throws to. How would you rate them going forward? Does Colston take his #1 spot back??

Colston

Meachem

Henderson

Moore

Colston #1

Moore #2 playing a Wes Welker type slot

Meachem the deep speedster

Henderson

lance moore is #1

My issue with this is that Moore is 5'8" and Breese likes to throw it up. Not sure he is going to get as many looks when Colston is 90%

Colston

Moore

Meachem

Henderson

... is the correct order.

Although I like having Henderson on my bench as a boom or bust play during bye weeks.

Moore > Colston IMO. The NO coaching staff was raving about Moore before he got hurt because he looked like he was primed to have a career year. On the other hand, Colston looked sluggish in the opener. He wasn't able to gain separation from any opposing CBs. I was down on Colston before the collarbone injury mostly because the dude has one knee. The collarbone injury was just icing on the cake, one again proving Mr. Glass is well, Mr. Glass. Moore will out-produce Colston on a per game basis by years end.

Colston #1

Henderson

I'm on board with this. Moore gets #1 in PPR.

1....Coston...just because the number 1 get the most looks and Colston is still a nice redzone target

2. Moore....number 1 if your in a ppr...number 2 otherwise...great slot man for Brees

3. Meachem....he is a great fill in for Colston as he gets Colstons redzone looks with Colston out...with colston back, he becomes more of an intermediate to deep threat.

4. Henderson....basically a deep threat and more valuable in my opinion with Colston out, with Colston back, he has to compete with Meachem for deep balls.

This is how I see it.

Moore certainly gets a lot of hype for a guy who has produced exactly 1 solid fantasy season in a 5-year career. Brees still likes to spread the ball around, and, when everybody is healthy, Moore will be the 3rd option at best behind Colston and Graham and maybe even 4th behind Sproles. Those 3 will soak up the bulk of the targets with Henderson, Meachem and Moore alternating the occasional big game.

Colston #1

Henderson

This is the correct answer. In fact, I'm looking to unload Jimmy Graham because I'm expecting the distribution to affect his performance going forward. He's going from being #2 option behind Sproles and #1 in the Redzone to #4 behind Colston, Sproles and Moore and maybe #2 in the Redzone.

This is the correct answer. In fact, I'm looking to unload Jimmy Graham because I'm expecting the distribution to affect his performance going forward. He's going from being #2 option behind Sproles and #1 in the Redzone to #4 behind Colston, Sproles and Moore and maybe #2 in the Redzone.

There's a reason pass-catching TEs are consistent redzone targets: they're bigger than WRs and typically matched up with linebackers or safeties. I think Graham is the only target in NO's passing game who will have a consistent spot in the pecking order all year. Unless you've also got Gronko, Finley or Davis, I'd suggest holding onto Graham. He'll probably lead the team in receiving TDs.

Saints tight ends combined for about 100 catches, 1,000 yards, and 10 TDs last year and that was mostly split between Shockey and Graham. Now it's just Graham. I wouldn't worry too much about him regardless of what is happening with the WRs. Graham will be on the field and getting his opportunities.

Colston

Graham

Moore

Meachem

Hendersen

Unfortunately for fantasy football Brees plays no favorites... there is no true #1 receiver for the Saints. Brees' favorite reciever is the open reciever. Best way to determine who is in line for a big game is by looking at match-ups.

I'm looking at this in context of the rest of the season, not just a single game when all are active.

Graham - the best combination of health and talent they have. Once Brees gets more comfortable with him he could wind up #1 TE overall.

Meacham - Seems to always get a deep look and redzone looks when Colston is out which is half the year.

Colston - Will be lucky to play in half the team's games this season.

Moore - I think Moore's big year came when they utilized him with Reggie Bush out. Sproles seems more than adequate in that role. Plus he doesn't have the greatest injury history himself.

Henderson - Basically deep threat only. Hard to count on him for consistent points.

The correct order is this.

Colston - Yes, no knees, but dude is a huge target.

Graham - Kid is a monster..the new Antonio Gates.

Sproles - Catches all the dump downs and all the 2 min stuff - Sproles > Bush

Moore - Just because he plays in the slot, does not make him a Wes Welker clone..not even close

Meacham - A lot of raw talent, just needs to put it together

Henderson - One trick pony

Hope this helps.

Their most consistent players are

Sproles

Moore

Graham

Colston

The last game when they really needed to score they kept going to Moore. Now he is not going to get jump balls, but the guy has always been an endzone beneficiary as far as game plan goes from what i can recall. Outside of graham, i'd be excited to have moore on the roster. Colston will rack up the yards and an occasional touchdown. But moore has the speed, route running, safe hands (consistency), where all the other receivers are lacking one or the other.

I wouldn't do that. After every game, Brees can't say enough about the kid and how much talent he has. Brees has never really had a great TE since Gates. He loves TE and slot receivers. LB can't cover him.

Moore - Just because he plays in the slot, does not make him a Wes Welker clone..not even close

Hope this helps.

I concur. Nice job.

Hope this helps.

That's a nice list, but for any Meachem owner, all it will take is one knee/collarbone/mangina injury from Colston before it goes back to what it has been the first three games:

1a-Meachem; 1b-Graham

2. whoever else.

I csn see Lance Moore being like Austin Collie was for the Colts, with Manning.

Brees is such a veteran than his slot man will be utilized to the fullest, and Moore will have alot of mismatches everywhere on the field....including the redzone.

Whoever is selected #1 by people on this thread is obviously because they own that guy on their teams. That's probably the case in all these threads. I'm a Graham and Meacham owner and I'm interested to see how healthy Colston looks today. He wasn't impressive in week 1 despite some nice grabs. Brees does look to Colston as his #1 option but not heavily. I'm betting Graham continues to gain looks and becomes a top 3 TE next year. That's why I traded for him this week. Or I could be completely full of...