Sign in to follow this  
Giants Fan

Eric Decker going forward

How did Lloyd do with Tebow last year. If fine, then Decker may be fine. If no, then Decker is probably not someone that can be counted on.

Tebow likely will not be effective with "pure" route runners, and Decker is an excellent route runner - unfortunately, I expect a drop off.

Decker...really?

You should know better.

Tebow at QB

WR's are

LLoyd

Demarius Thomas

Eddie Royal

Decker

in no order but I see nothing but heartache here....

Decker...really?

You should know better.

Tebow at QB

WR's are

LLoyd

Demarius Thomas

Eddie Royal

Decker

Yeah, really.

Tebow's 3 starts last year:

12/19

Lloyd 4 for 79 & 1 TD

Gaffney 1 for 32

12/26

Lloyd 5 for 111

Gaffney 4 for 90

Royal 2 for 22

1/02

Lloyd 5 for 73 & 1 TD

Decker 2 for 22 & 1 TD

Gaffney 1 for 12

Now that's a small sample size, but Lloyd's 3 game stretch with Tebow @ QB would extrapolate out to 75 rec, 1402 yards, & 11 TDs. Last year, Lloyd had 77 catches, 1440 yards, and 11 TDs. Seems like Tebow didn't impact his numbers at all.

Gaffney's numbers with Tebow as his QB extrapolate out to 32 catches, 715 yards, & 0 TDs. Last year he had 65 rec, 875 yards, & 2 TD. While the receptions were down a lot, the yards only dropped slightly, and the TDs went down, but overall, Tebow didn't have a huge negative impact on Gaffney.

Decker was a rookie last year, and didn't play much (didn't start a single game), but in 1/3 of Tebow's starts, he had 2 catches and a TD. He only had 4 catches the entire year up to that point. I don't think there's any way you can say Tebow hurt Decker last year.

There's value to be had in Denver right now. The key is figuring out what value each guy has. Simply disregarding ALL Denver WRs because it's "Tebow at QB," is just stupid.

I dropped Decker for Greg Little yesterday. Tebow and Decker have strengths individually, but I just don't see them having the chemistry that Orton and Decker had. Add in return of Royal, Thomas, etc. plus the general implosion of the team, and I see a lot of downside. Little, by contrast, has good skills, is now in the starting lineup, is arguably the #1 WR on the team already, and has gotten more targets each week. In short, upside. It's too bad for Decker, who I like but is in a bad situation.

Look to the TE position in Denver as a slot where stats will jump. It's the security blanket for a young QB, and Tebow has a good feel for that part of the passing game.

Look to the TE position in Denver as a slot where stats will jump. It's the security blanket for a young QB, and Tebow has a good feel for that part of the passing game.

I just mentioned the exact same thing in to a league mate of mine. I see B.Loyld and D.Fells stocks actually rising.

Orton loved Decker. Apparently they workded out together in the offseason and whatnot and Orton looked his way a whole lot. Which sorta was one of Orton's problems as he has tunnel vision. But from a fantasy perspective it was great for us Decker owners.

I still think Erick is talented enough to earn a roster spot in 12 teamers and higher, but I fear the gig is up as him being a viable starting WR. When Orton was benched it really hurt Deckers stock.

Loyld and the TE's I'm buying though. :thumbsup:

Wouldn't it seem to reason that a 2nd year QB who has been working with the 2nd/3rd team in the past would have some sort of rapport with a 2nd year WR who has been primarily working with the 2nd team in the past? Tebow is probably as familiar if not more with Decker than anyone else. :dunno:

Wouldn't it seem to reason that a 2nd year QB who has been working with the 2nd/3rd team in the past would have some sort of rapport with a 2nd year WR who has been primarily working with the 2nd team in the past? Tebow is probably as familiar if not more with Decker than anyone else. :dunno:

I can see where one might think that, but I remember reading where Orton and Decker are good friends and worked out together (along with Larry Fitzgerald) in the offseason during the lockout. It was one of the reasons the Orton to AZ rumor started back in the summer.

Here's a link: http://www.google.com/url?sa=t&source=web&cd=1&ved=0CBoQFjAA&url=http%3A%2F%2Fbroncotalk.net%2F2011%2F06%2F22601%2Fbroncos-buzz%2Fbronco-players-working-hard-amidst-lockout%2F&ei=A9CVTsyFOcjx0gGg1ZCqBw&usg=AFQjCNGsTmKOiO-taisMoS3DVRwOp6hu_A

any receiver with Tebow at QB is a crap shoot

This is just dumb. Check last year's stats, my man. And Tebow had 4 balls dropped on him on Sunday or his stats would have been even bigger. I'd venture to say that Lloyd's value will rise while Decker's will fall.

Decker...really?

You should know better.

Tebow at QB

WR's are

LLoyd

Demarius Thomas

Eddie Royal

Decker

Yeah, it's not Tebow you have to worry about, but the other guys getting healthy. I mean, Thomas has to come back eventually right?

Yeah, it's not Tebow you have to worry about, but the other guys getting healthy. I mean, Thomas has to come back eventually right?

I really like Demaryus but how do we know what shape he's in and if he's the same guy? Lots of unknown in this situation....I've had Decker and started him in my league since week 2. Haven't dropped him yet but I'm trying to move him for anything I can get...

Well, I have Decker. I'm not happy about this development, but I'm not dropping him yet.

I'll give him a couple of weeks to develop chemistry with Teebow. But I have no high hopes at this point.

I've thought about dropping Decker, but for now I am going to hold on to him for a couple weeks to see how he does with Tebow in there.

I am not optimistic though. If your QB can only complete 40% of his passes its obviously going to have an effect on your production as a WR.

I think there's a good chance his best games this year are behind him. But there's no value in trying to trade him now, going into the bye. His value in a trade went from a solid #2 WR to nothing, in 1 game. He pretty much cost me my game this week with the goose egg. He also won me a game, a couple weeks ago.

I was hoping he was the next WW (Wes Welker) but I'll hold and see, maybe he'll be the next WW (Waiver Wire) drop after next week. I'll wait and hold, for now. His value can't get lower.