Sign in to follow this  
cyclone24

Maurice Morris train?

Hah...i got our Best owner by the balls.

He only has Best and greene starting this week. Fred Jackson is on a bye.

The best RB off waivers that isnt on a bye is Cadillac williams.

Offered him Morris and Reggie Wayne for Steve Smith (CAR)

I have no use for Morris (Already have Brashaw, Graham, Rice, and McGahee).....so essentially its Waynes sorry arse for Smith.

Is it a two person league? If not why the frock could he trade with another team or pick up a K.Williams type to get by the bye for Freddy!!!!!!!!

Due to concerns over Best's concussion, Maurice Morris will earn the start at running back for the Lions in Week 7, The Oakland (Michigan) Press reports.

Spin: It appears that the decision isn't necessarily an official one, but when an offensive coordinator speaks of being excited to see a guy "take the reins" as the Lions' Scott Linehan did in the report, we can be pretty certain Morris will get the start. At this point, one has to wonder if we will be seeing articles like this on a weekly basis with Best -- he has now had two concussions in two months and is reaching a dangerous territory in terms of career concussions sustained.

RotoWire - Thu, Oct 20

Hah...i got our Best owner by the balls.

He only has Best and greene starting this week. Fred Jackson is on a bye.

The best RB off waivers that isnt on a bye is Cadillac williams.

I

Offered him Morris and Reggie Wayne for Steve Smith (CAR)

I have no use for Morris (Already have Brashaw, Graham, Rice, and McGahee).....so essentially its Waynes sorry arse for Smith.

Make sure to let us know how that works out for you.

quit acting like a noob homey

Morris produced ok last year and Detroit's offense has gotten stronger. He's also got fresh legs and will get you some PPR points.

I was going to roll with Jackie Battle against the Raiders, but then I read they did a nice job limiting Arian Foster and Cleveland the last 2 weeks. To boot, both McClain and Battle had mild neck injuries before the bye.

I may roll with Morris.

Felix & Best owner :cry:

Thinking of dropping THT for either MoMo or Murray. :dunno:

Already on the Torain train ... decided to get off the MoMo train. I remember MoMo. He sucks. I'm really surprised to see ppl ditching Jacobs for him. Anyway, I had him, but then I decided to waive him for Terrel Owens, based on some rumors. Well, that and it might cause some people to spend some of their FA$ on him now, while costing me zero. I have McFadden, Torain, Jacobs and Bernard Scott .... so I just don't see MoMo starting for me anytime soon. Neither will Owens, but same idea ... I'm not letting anyone pick him up for free. I have a speculative roster spot, that use for these kinds of tactical moves.

Already on the Torain train ... decided to get off the MoMo train. I remember MoMo. He sucks. I'm really surprised to see ppl ditching Jacobs for him. Anyway, I had him, but then I decided to waive him for Terrel Owens, based on some rumors. Well, that and it might cause some people to spend some of their FA$ on him now, while costing me zero. I have McFadden, Torain, Jacobs and Bernard Scott .... so I just don't see MoMo starting for me anytime soon. Neither will Owens, but same idea ... I'm not letting anyone pick him up for free. I have a speculative roster spot, that use for these kinds of tactical moves.

Are you serious? Jacobs blows. If he doesn't score a TD he is worthless. And he is hurt

I am very late to the momo party.

I just picked him up in 2 leagues, I can't believe he was still there.

Only starting him in 1 league however.

I dropped David Nelson and Mark Suckchez

Starting him over Heyward Bey at Flex in one and benching him for Murray in another league.

Are you serious? Jacobs blows. If he doesn't score a TD he is worthless. And he is hurt

Yep..thats why i dumped him. Already have Bradshaw, Rice, McGahee, Graham and now MOMO. Why would i need a td vulture that doesnt really get td's??

Yep..thats why i dumped him. Already have Bradshaw, Rice, McGahee, Graham and now MOMO. Why would i need a td vulture that doesnt really get td's??

Look at that, a Hawkeye and Cyclone agreeing on something.

I don't have the luxury of that nice of a stable of RB's though.

I have Mathews, Starks, MoMo, Best , Reggie

I have Andre, Fitz and Nicks. So maybe I should trade one to get a nother RB. waiting to see how the Det RB situation turns out first before I sell one of them

Look at that, a Hawkeye and Cyclone agreeing on something.

I don't have the luxury of that nice of a stable of RB's though.

I have Mathews, Starks, MoMo, Best , Reggie

I have Andre, Fitz and Nicks. So maybe I should trade one to get a nother RB. waiting to see how the Det RB situation turns out first before I sell one of them

Oh yeah? hah nice.

Well your WR's are better. I have Wayne, Roddy, and James Jones (yuck)

If the stars are not aligning right now for Morris, then I don't know what to think.

First you had the LeShoure injury in the preseason that thinned the herd in the Lions backfield. Then subsequent health issues for Jerome Harrison. Another concussion for Best, putting him out indefinitely. The trade for Ronnie Brown is voided and more health issues for Harrison. James Davis is signed and immediately gets hurt...

Who else is out there for Detroit to sign? A broken-down Clinton Portis? Slow Willie Parker?

Keiland Williams is a guy who is so highly regarded that he was waived by the Redskins who have been desperate for a RB.

It's crazy how it has come together, but Morris is the guy unless he gets hurt too or is just totally ineffective for some reason.

I'm not expecting much really & wouldn't be surprised if Williams get most if not all work inside the 10. MoMo should be good for roughly 7-10 points tho, maybe slightly more in PPR.

If the stars are not aligning right now for Morris, then I don't know what to think.

First you had the LeShoure injury in the preseason that thinned the herd in the Lions backfield. Then subsequent health issues for Jerome Harrison. Another concussion for Best, putting him out indefinitely. The trade for Ronnie Brown is voided and more health issues for Harrison. James Davis is signed and immediately gets hurt...

Who else is out there for Detroit to sign? A broken-down Clinton Portis? Slow Willie Parker?

Keiland Williams is a guy who is so highly regarded that he was waived by the Redskins who have been desperate for a RB.

It's crazy how it has come together, but Morris is the guy unless he gets hurt too or is just totally ineffective for some reason.

given the above, i'd expect morris to blow his knee out sometime late first quarter.

again, what's happened to the lions rb corp is so ridiculous it's almost comical (in a twisted way).

but now i can do my best donhass impression every week with that injury built-in excuse :pointstosky: