Sign in to follow this  
fugoondo

Knowshon Moreno

Was supposed to be the starter going into this season, but lost the starting gig to McGahee.

McGahee out now obviously, and Tebow at the helm

Im guessing 11 guys in the box as long as Tebow is at QB. Moreno looks to have another shot at the RB1 gig while McGahee is out, with Lance Ball stealing some carries.

Just wanting to know what you pecker heads think of Moreno

This is one of the more intriguing rb situations for the next several weeks. Mainly because we have no idea what kind of affect Tebow will have. Something tells me this style of offense will play to Moreno's strengths a little more. We'll see a lot of attention to Tebow which should create some open field for him... I think his value will be a little higher in PPR because I see about 67 check-downs a game coming.

the moment i've been waiting for :headbanger:

makes us proud knowshon...!!!

For as long as McGahee is out, Moreno will be a threat for 100 all purpose yards on any given day..especially with Tebow under center. No, he won't get any GL opportunities but I honestly think he has a much higher floor than many people think. RB2 status people..RB2 status.

This is one of the more intriguing rb situations for the next several weeks. Mainly because we have no idea what kind of affect Tebow will have. Something tells me this style of offense will play to Moreno's strengths a little more. We'll see a lot of attention to Tebow which should create some open field for him... I think his value will be a little higher in PPR because I see about 67 check-downs a game coming.

THIS... Remember that screen pass in week 5 against San Diego? Didn't that go for a touchdown? I think that's within the game plan and within Moreno's skill set... If Moreno can give me one of those, 4 or 5 screens (50 yards receiving), and maybe 60 yards rushing... helping my team with just this week... Hey, I'll be happy...

He gets the Lions this week at home.

The Lions don't defend the run. If Knowshon gets the bulk of the carries, he might have a good week.

The Lions don't defend the run. If Knowshon gets the bulk of the carries, he might have a good week.

This isn't entirely true. The Lions have trouble defending the run against teams that are good at it. Does K Moreno belong in the same category as Turner, Gore, Forte, and A Peterson?

Not a great run defense, but they are a great pass rush. Noshow "The Human Turnstyle" Moreno is invisible in pass protection, so much so that late in last week's game Denver had either Ball or both he and Ball on the field at the same time.

Obviously, with McGahee out, he should get more touches. But I see more RBBC than people expect. There's more to the job than just running the ball, and he's a complete liability in those other areas.

Average talent, gets hurt a lot, and even with McGahee out he's not the goal line RB....that's Tebow.

Jarvis nailed it. Expect little from Moreno.

Not a great run defense, but they are a great pass rush. .

This is exactly why I expect a big day from him in the receiving department. I wouldn't be surprised with 75 yards and another 35-40 rushing.. If he happens to score he'll make people very happy this week.

In Tebows's 4 starts, Moreno has not had more than 43 total yards in any game and has a grand total of 0 TD's. Last year, in the 10 games prior to Tebow starting, Moreno was not held below 48 total yards and had 8 TD's. I would say that things are not looking so good regardless of the defense.

BTW - I am starting him. :o

I don't see very much value in him at all unless it's PPR. He just doesn't have what it takes. Hope I'm wrong but I wouldn't want to rely on him.

This is exactly why I expect a big day from him in the receiving department. I wouldn't be surprised with 75 yards and another 35-40 rushing.. If he happens to score he'll make people very happy this week.

Denver's O-line is porous at best, and Tebow is much slower to see plays develop than Orton. Additionally, Tebow's touch on screens leaves a lot to be desired, and Detroit's LB's will be on alert for late developing, short throws. Tulloch in particular will be a thorn in their side. The screen game is all about timing, and it's awfully tough to develop over a week mid-season. Remember, prior to Tuesday, McGahee was getting all the reps with the 1's in practice.

They're going to have to keep extra help in to protect him, and it sure won't be Moreno. So unless they're going to have two RB (w/ Ball) on the field, I don't see much value from him in the passing game.

Just my .02

Moreno focking sucks. That's all there is to it. I gave up on him a while ago and ain't never looking back.