Sign in to follow this  
RedzoneMonster

D. Murray

People gotta get off Murrays nuts... 1 good game vs. STL and hes now the second coming of emmitt smith.

Second coming of Emmitt Smith? Probably not.

Better than Felix Jones? (That is the topic of this thread.) You bet your @ss he is.

People gotta get off Murrays nuts... 1 good game vs. STL and hes now the second coming of emmitt smith.

this is the 2nd time i have seen Emmitt smith's name mentioned along with murray.

mind you both times were people claiming others were calling Murray the second coming of smith.

This has RBBC written all over it. Neither will excel. Unfortunately. It will be a flip of the coin each week.

As long as Jerry Jones is around, Felix will be in the mix.

Felix was held out of and did not practice today. Red isn't saying, but the chances of him playing and getting any amount of significant carries this weekend is prolly 10%.

Yet another overrated, over-hyped performance by Murray: 22 carries / 139 yards. I mean yea sure, so he's averaged 8.47 ypc over the last 3 games as a starter - but wake up people, this kid is obviously a fluke. Can't wait for him to come crashing down to earth with a 4.5 ypc game for all to see this kid is a fraud.

That was a fine performance against a strong run defense (homerisms aside). Dude's for real and has already accomplished more as a rusher then Felix Jones ever has. He was flashing a pretty nice stiff-arm too.

If Garrett hadn't focked around with the play calling, he would have had a TD in the first half after getting knocked out of bounds at the goal line on a great run.

I can't see any reason for a 50/50 split when Jones returns, but I'm sure its going to happen.

That was a fine performance against a strong run defense (homerisms aside). Dude's for real and has already accomplished more as a rusher then Felix Jones ever has. He was flashing a pretty nice stiff-arm too.

If Garrett hadn't focked around with the play calling, he would have had a TD in the first half after getting knocked out of bounds at the goal line on a great run.

I can't see any reason for a 50/50 split when Jones returns, but I'm sure its going to happen.

I will weep bitterly if this happens. :cry:

If Jones and Murray split carries, I fully expect Romo to trip Felix on the second drive and break his labia again. Seriously, "You don't lose your job to an injury" is greatly trumped by "You sucked a$$ before you got injured and this new kid can play."

People conveniently forget that Murray has gotten a decent amount of the carries all season, with pedestrian numbers. :dunno: He's had a huge game and an ok game.

Do I like him over the long haul more than Felix, certainly. Does he have 'take-your-job-right-now' sort of talent. I don't think so.

I stand corrected:

Per Rotoworld-

Owner Jerry Jones confirmed that DeMarco Murray will remain a "workhorse" even though Felix Jones (ankle) is expected back Sunday.

It's a no-brainer. Over the last four games, Murray has averaged 150.2 rushing yards per game while breaking off 8.01 yards per carry. "One thing that comes to my mind is that Murray looks like the more he carries, the more effective he gets," Jerry Jones said. The owner went on to hint that Felix could "step in" 12 or 13 times per game, but we'd be surprised if he got that much work. Murray is locked in as the feature back.

I'm not sure if even Clownie can screw this up. Anything less than 18-20 carries a game for this kid would be a travesty.

The saving grace in all of this is that if Felix does cut into Murray's touches too much he'll get hurt. There is a very strong chance he wont make it out of this week's game without landing back on the injury list.

I'm weak at RB, strong at WR... Thinking of offering the Murray owner Roddy White in a trade for Murray. (He is very thin at WR, decent at RB.)

If you are a Murray owner, does this trade sound reasonable? Thanks.

That's hardly definitive and Stephania is wrong...a lot. However, I think Felix sits this week as well.

I thought she mainly did medical/injury type reporting?

I'm weak at RB, strong at WR... Thinking of offering the Murray owner Roddy White in a trade for Murray. (He is very thin at WR, decent at RB.)

IMO there are too many WRs that can put up numbers similiar to Roddy's.

You're not finding another Murray this season. A pass catching back putting up 120+ yards rushing a week with a chance to take one to the house with a relatively friendly schedule the rest of the year. Nope.........

That's what I figured, I'm pissed at myself that I choose to grab Battle off waivers over Murray... Looked like a good choice at the time!

I own Murray and no way would I trade him for Roddy. I would have to be unbelievably thin at WR to even consider Roddy for Murray straight up.

I was offered the exact same thing. Not interested. I can't think of any RB's outside of AD, McCoy and Foster I'd rather have. Maybe FJAX, Forte and Rice... As for WR's I'd want Megatron, Jennings or Welker... maybe Fitz or Wallace. Probably not though.

I was offered the exact same thing. Not interested. I can't think of any RB's outside of AD, McCoy and Foster I'd rather have. Maybe FJAX, Forte and Rice... As for WR's I'd want Megatron, Jennings or Welker... maybe Fitz or Wallace. Probably not though.

Agreed.

With Murray now exhibiting some pass catching skills, I wouldn't take a WR right now for him in a PPR.

I would immediately decline.