Sign in to follow this  
Agame

Who likes Harvin this week?

I'm thinking he could put up some big numbers against the Pack. Coming off a bye and playing a team that seems to always get into shoot outs.

It seems logical except that he's been a total bust for the most part this year and I'm sure that owners are tired of it. If you have no one else then give him a go but that's it. Even in the last game against GB he barely did anything. Tale away the return yards with the new kick off rules and his value plummets further.

Very high risk player, IMO.

I am leaning towards starting him over Larry Fitz (@ PHI) and Earl Bennett (vs DET). GB will be scoring a bazillion points and playing prevent defense towards the end of the game, I have to think. I have AP as well.

Him/Shancoe/Jenkins: 2 TDs to go around, just gotta hope the dart hits.

I'm starting him over Beanie Wells in the flex in one league, and over Jackie Battle (and several injured stars) in the flex in another league.

I'm starting him over Beanie Wells in the flex in one league, and over Jackie Battle (and several injured stars) in the flex in another league.

Starting him over Beanie Wells is just stupid.

I saw one run by Wells and it told my all I needed to know. He couldn't turn the corner. He couldn't even get to the edge. His knee was really hampering him. Maybe it will be better this week, but I'm not taking that chance.

I can see in non PPR leagues why people would be down on him for his lack of TDs., but he has value in PPR leagues. He's scored double figures in my PPR league 6 out of the 8 Viking games this season. Obviously not a stud, but far from a total bust, which i keep reading everywhere. I own him in two PPR leagues, and am starting him this weekend in one as my third WR. His ribs are reportedly healthy, the GB defense sucks at stopping the pass, and Christian Ponder is way better than Donovan McSoup at this point.

I can see in non PPR leagues why people would be down on him for his lack of TDs., but he has value in PPR leagues. He's scored double figures in my PPR league 6 out of the 8 Viking games this season. Obviously not a stud, but far from a total bust, which i keep reading everywhere. I own him in two PPR leagues, and am starting him this weekend in one as my third WR. His ribs are reportedly healthy, the GB defense sucks at stopping the pass, and Christian Ponder is way better than Donovan McSoup at this point.

Dude has 0 receiving tds and is the #1 receiver on a team. PPR or not that =BUST.

That said I'm sure he'll go off this week now that he's helped me to a 2-7 record in one league.

No it isn't. I don't even need to get into why. Starting Harvins girlfriend over a Wells is even a better choice :)

Dude has 0 receiving tds and is the #1 receiver on a team. PPR or not that =BUST.

That said I'm sure he'll go off this week now that he's helped me to a 2-7 record in one league.

If i get 10 pts out of my WR3 75% of the time i dont call that a bust. DeAngelo Williams, Peyton Hillis those are busts.Maybe you play in leagues where WRs score like QBs. I dont know. Does the Minnesota Vikings offense have issues? Sure. If you drafted Harvin expecting him to be a top 10 WR, then sure i guess he didnt meet your expectations Harvin, Jenkins and Shiancoe all have the same number of red zone targets this season (6) Harvin is 14th in the whole league amongst WR/TE in red zone touches, tied with guys named Greg Jennings, Roddy White and Lance Moore (among others). So the Vikings arent systematically keeping the ball from him. .Call him a bust if you want, i will happily start him against the pourous GB defense this week as my WR3 on one team, and am only not starting him on my other because i have Calvin Johnson, Wes Welker and AJ Green starting there.

And somehow the two teams i have Harvin on are a combined 14-4, so I have to wonder if your 2-7 team doesnt have larger issues than Percy Harvin :)

Harvin is maddening. There is every reason he should be a monster today...

But when the dust settles, you know he'll have a disappointing day. He's the epitome of a FF tease.

:thumbsup:

It's all relative... Harvin is the #24 WR in my return yards ppr league. I for am extremely happy with that considering he only has 1 TD, and has missed a lot of game time. Ponder has been doing a much better job at getting him the ball