Sign in to follow this  
Bert

How About Those First Place Texans

Forget the win, they made it out of a game without their QB on a cart!

Yeah but the best WR in the league left in a cart.

Sad, really. Without Peyton Manning to haunt them this year, they are finally gonna make it to the playoffs......only to lose in the 1st round, being without 2 of their 3 studs.

I wouldn't take anything for granted. They just beat Atlanta with an impressive defensive effort. They are looking downright studly on that side of the ball. Can they go deep in the playoffs? I dunno, but I wouldn't discount anything happening on any given Sunday when you have a defense like that.

Yeah but the best WR in the league left in a cart.

I know Megatron is the team's workhorse, but that's getting ridiculous.

Pretty impressive win but I'm starting to get a little concerned. Mario, Schaub, AJ, Cushing... I'm optimistically pessimistic or pessimistically optimistic. I can't decide which one. :dunno:

They are a Houston football team so I expect some sort of dramatic flameout. Enjoying the ride while I can.

They finally have figured out how to finish games this year, which has been an issue with them for a while. And now they get the reward.

Not sure how well they might do in the playoffs, without Schaub, it isn't going to be easy.

They are a Houston football team so I expect some sort of dramatic flameout. Enjoying the ride while I can.

Regardless, they are establishing themselves well. The injuries are very disappointing, and yet they keep winning despite them. Even if they don't do much in the playoffs, what a testament to the kind of team that is being built. They are young, talented, with a defense that's showing some serious mettle, and I believe that they're breaking a barrier even by making the playoffs. I think they win that division, and probably finish 11-5, maybe 12-4 . . . just to shock us all a little further.

At least 4 teams in the AFC will roll these guys in their current state come playoff time. Texans fans should rejoice in their first playoff appearance...and expect it not to last very long.

Will this team finally get some national recognition? I haven't heard any analyst mention the Texans when it comes to best team in the AFC... but all they keep doing is winning and they're the top seed right now in the AFC.

they're the top seed right now in the AFC.

Everywhere I see, they are listed 2nd or 3rd. Where do you see that they are the top? They are currently tied with 3 other teams at 9-3.

Everywhere I see, they are listed 2nd or 3rd. Where do you see that they are the top? They are currently tied with 3 other teams at 9-3.

Check out your major sports sites - CBS is where I saw the breakdown. They are #1 as of right now. Of course, discussing it in that fashion is moot, as there are 4 very long weeks before the final tally is in.

Check out your major sports sites - CBS is where I saw the breakdown. They are #1 as of right now. Of course, discussing it in that fashion is moot, as there are 4 very long weeks before the final tally is in.

I did, I looked at NFL.com http://www.nfl.com/playoffs/playoff-picture and saw it on ESPN that Pats were number 1. Not sure what CBS is showing.

It's possible it changed after the weekend, and that would make a measure of sense. Houston had the #1 based on conference record, but then their game was against Atlanta, and Baltimore and New England played conference games.

Man, if all their best players weren't hurt Houston would ROLL the rest of the AFC in the playoffs. It's a crying shame really.

A fully loaded Texans team vs. The Packers in the Super Bowl would be great for the league and America.

You are right, I don't quite understand how they do the seeding. Last week, they were #1. Since they won, I thought they'd still be #1. But they're actually the #2 seed right now behind the Pats.

I still can't get over the fact that Houston named their team the Texans. Real creative guys...

That's why nobody takes them serious.

Houston has a great defense and a fantastic running game, but it's hard to go far in the playoffs without a QB. I could see them winning a game perhaps, but I'd be awful surprised if they got past the second round. The Jets did it with Sanchez at QB, but even though Sanchez is mediocre that's still better than what the Texans have at the position right now.