Sign in to follow this  
desertfire

Adrian Peterson

In the second round of our playoffs and I'm worried about Peterson this week. Wish he would have had a few touches last Sunday. Anyone starting him? I'm a bit worried about him being limited not to mention N.O. could be up big early and Peterson may not be a factor anyways. What to do? Peterson, Jacobs, Blount? Might have to roll with Blount or Jacobs. Thoughts?

If peterson is starting im starting pretty much no matter what. Do you really want to trust your playoff run to blount who had 1 pt against carolina?

(KFFL) Minnesota Vikings RB Adrian Peterson (ankle) said he wants to play in the team's Week 15 game so he can provide a helping hand to his fantasy owners. "It's very important, especially for my fantasy team owners," Peterson said. "They've been giving me a hard time." Peterson added fantasy owners have constantly been asking him about his status.

Anyone having any second thoughts after Fraziers comments tthis afternoon...

(KFFL) Minnesota Vikings head coach Leslie Frazier said RB Adrian Peterson (ankle) may not receive a full workload in Week 15 depending on how his ankle is feeling.

I'm really torn on this as I have Felix Jones on my bench with a great matchup. Normally wouldn't overthink things an just plug AP into my lineup and be done with it but

Fraziers comments coupled with the fact that AP himself said he's 85% has me second guessing if this is going to be a good outing from AP?

I have AP, M.Bush, F.Jones and k.Smith.

I'm still going to roll will AP and bush... as much as I think TB defense sucks... will Jones get the ball enough to do anything..

Thanks for the update. Now I have to rethink who to start. S. Jax vs Cin or Matthews vs Baltimore. Aaaargh!

I wish he just would have said "attention fantasy owners, I'm not ready to play at 100 %", or maybe that is what he was hinting at. Hmmm

If you were the coach or team, why would you even bother playing him until he is 100%? Gerhart has played well they have nothing to play for.

I coach AP and he is 85% and you are out of the playoffs...he is sitting

If you were the coach or team, why would you even bother playing him until he is 100%? Gerhart has played well they have nothing to play for.

Same here. Got 4 great options this weekend and needing to start three. CJ2, Felix and Beanie seems pretty solid to me. Really can't take the risk of playing AP right now....of course if Felix fails miserably Saturday night, "i'll probably re-insert AP for Beanie on Sunday.

I have Michael Bush, Helu, Felix, Kevin Smith and Peterson.

Right now I still have Bush and Helu in. I am not done thinking about it though. Both Bush & Helu have good matchups. The Saints have actually been ok vs the run at least on a FFPA per RB basis since the Rams debacle. Kevin Smith was on to an excellent game but a lot of that was in the air.

We are talking about AD right? Not a thing to worry about, I am not sure people say the team should sit him. He gets pay 100 millions dollar to play 16 games, he should plays every game that he can.

Why he is even playing is a mystery to me.

If I was the owner, Id have put him on the IR

If I was an AP owner, I wouldnt start him this week if you have better options.

There is no telling how many carries he will get

If you were the owner, you'd IR a guy because he sprained his ankle?

If the Vikings aren't going to play ADP unless they are a contender, they may as well go ahead and sit him for the next 3 years.

I think what gambino is saying is that he's playing against ap and would sit him if he was the owner to help his fantasy team.

They should rest all of their Starters so they are all healthy next year as well :blink:

We are talking about AD right? Not a thing to worry about, I am not sure people say the team should sit him. He gets pay 100 millions dollar to play 16 games, he should plays every game that he can.

it's a difficult one. you could also make the point of how much money they have INVESTED in him and say they should protect the investment now that games are essentially meaningless.

however they also have a responsibility to sell tickets and put as competitive product on the field each week as they can. looks like this is winning out this week. but i'm also thinking he's probably more healthy than is being let on

I have AP, M.Bush, F.Jones and k.Smith.

I'm still going to roll will AP and bush... as much as I think TB defense sucks... will Jones get the ball enough to do anything..

Coach speak....he'll carry the load.

He's in and the Vikings finally figured out that Percy Harvin should play more offense than special teams. Vikings have a passing game folks and AP will help it and it will help AP. START HIM!

I usually agree with the "they get paid to play" stance, but only if the player is 100% healthy. If not 100% and it is your best player on the team and you are out of the playoffs, then they should consider not rushing him in when he is not 100% healthy in order to protect their investment, like someone already stated earlier in this thread. A player that is not 100% runs additional risk to get further injured. It is just common sense.

I got Ap, Hillis, and Reggie Bush.

Now to decide on whether to start Hillis or AP. <_<

I would go with AP over Hillis for sure but I think other matchups are tougher.

I am leaving Helu and MBush in over AP.

>>>Asked if Peterson would be ready to resume a full workload out of the backfield Sunday, Frazier was a bit hesitant in his response.

"Well, he's missed some time," the Vikings coach said. "So we'll have to kind of work him in there. It won't be as if he hadn't missed a game. So we'll have to monitor how he's doing."<<<

http://www.startribune.com/sports/vikings/135749928.html

I have no idea what that means but iof the Saints get up early I find it hard to believe the Vikes will run AP into the ground.

The Saints have done pretty decently vs RB1's since the St Louis disaster too.

had him on my bench this week.. here is hoping a full work load next week.

I would go with AP over Hillis for sure but I think other matchups are tougher.

I am leaving Helu and MBush in over AP.

>>>Asked if Peterson would be ready to resume a full workload out of the backfield Sunday, Frazier was a bit hesitant in his response.

"Well, he's missed some time," the Vikings coach said. "So we'll have to kind of work him in there. It won't be as if he hadn't missed a game. So we'll have to monitor how he's doing."<<<

http://www.startribune.com/sports/vikings/135749928.html

I have no idea what that means but iof the Saints get up early I find it hard to believe the Vikes will run AP into the ground.

The Saints have done pretty decently vs RB1's since the St Louis disaster too.

He's in and the Vikings finally figured out that Percy Harvin should play more offense than special teams. Vikings have a passing game folks and AP will help it and it will help AP. START HIM!

Can I get a Mulligan?

I own Harvin in one league and AP in another, how is it possible that these two talented players do not compliment eachother?

Why are they throwing to Joe Webb, gerhart in the redzone? Did either of them get re-injured?

Can I get a Mulligan?

I own Harvin in one league and AP in another, how is it possible that these two talented players do not compliment eachother?

Why are they throwing to Joe Webb, gerhart in the redzone? Did either of them get re-injured?

Exactly. As a Peterson owner and Vikings fan, I am at a loss.