Sign in to follow this  
edjr

What if Andrew Luck decided to stay in college and play his final year?

let's play pretend for a moment.

How screwed would Washington be? :overhead:

How screwed would Indy be as well? :doublethumbsup:

If Andrew Luck had a shred of decency, he would go back to college for his final year.

He declaired his intent to enter the draft months ago so I dont think its a option at this point

If he didn't sign an agent, he can return...

Washington is essentially dead for the next 5+ years under this scenario--they've mortgaged the future for Kalil. Indy takes RG3 and goes into rebuilding mode, which is roughly what it has planned right now, so they're hurt, but not to the same degree.

If Andrew Luck had a shred of decency, he would go back to college for his final year.

If he had a shred of decency? Sheesh.. He will complete his BA from Stanford this year --it is his fourth year-- he just has a year of eligibility left if he wanted to stick around and play football, as he didn't play his freshman year.

There was a lot of pressure on him to go into the draft last year, but he didn't, because he wanted to finish his education and not just cash in, despite the obvious risk. I'd call that having at least a shred of decency. But if he now goes back on his word, and holds out for another year--Why? for more money? A better team?-- that would indicate he has more decency?

He declaired his intent to enter the draft months ago so I dont think its a option at this point

He is the Chuck Norris of college football, he can do whatever he wants.

He hired his uncle as an Agent.

The Wasserman Media Group announced Tuesday that Luck is the first and only NFL-bound player to sign with the agency. The company hired Luck's uncle, Will Wilson, as executive vice president of football to represent the quarterback.

He didn't really hire an agent at all. :dunno:

anyway, just fun to think of.

He is the Chuck Norris of college football, he can do whatever he wants.

He hired his uncle as an Agent.

He didn't really hire an agent at all. :dunno:

anyway, just fun to think of.

His uncle is an agent with a well-known agency, just not for football.

His uncle is an agent with a well-known agency, just not for football.

soooo, does that mean he can or cant opt out of the draft? :dunno:

god you know its march when were debating this sheet! :ninja:

soooo, does that mean he can or cant opt out of the draft? :dunno:

god you know its march when were debating this sheet! :ninja:

He can't back out. He has an agent and he has spoken with pro teams.

The more amusing, and possible, scenario would be what if RGIII refuses to play for the skins?

would love to see a holdout.. :headbanger:

Why would going back to college for his final year, give him any decency? He is going number 1 in a draft to a team he will start for right away and they will build around. Every QB's dream job. Oh wait, Pats fan. YOu just don't want Indy to have another good QB for another 15 years.

This is actually quite an interesting topic, and a great what if scenario. I was reading that the new rookie wage scale compliments of the newly minted CBA basically sets all rookie salaries, there's really no negotiation. There's talk that it will change the agent industry because there's very little reason any more for prospects to use agents, at least for the signing of their rookie contract. Going forward the only real reason to have an agent is endorsements; however, "those" agents don't have to be endorsed/licensed by the NFL to negotiate on their client’s behalf. The idea is that many rookies will start just using a contract law attorney to review the contract and negotiating any other details themselves, costing only a few thousand dollars to do so rather than paying a licensed agent an exorbitant amount of money. This clouds the whole picture going forward because a rookie could conceivably withdraw from the draft anytime up to the time their name is pulled I believe. If I'm Andrew Luck, and watching what the Colts have done as far as purging the entire roster (down to the point of basically having not one quality WR on the roster) I'm a little pissed. That team was 2-14 with a little bit talent on the field, in my estimation they're considerably worse now. I would pull an Eli and say there's no way I'm playing for that organization and force or trade, or I withdraw from the draft. It could possibly give TREMENDOUS leverage to the top rookies about where they want to play and for who.

Why would going back to college for his final year, give him any decency?

Do you often miss jokes?

The more amusing, and possible, scenario would be what if RGIII refuses to play for the skins?

:doublethumbsup:

Do you often miss jokes?

he ain't too swift

would love to see a holdout.. :headbanger:

Seriously... why can't he come in and say, "screw this rookie wage scale crap, I want eleventy million dollars." The skins would be kinda focked. I wouldn't have done this deal without having a contract with RG3 ironed out and him on bored.

Seriously... why can't he come in and say, "screw this rookie wage scale crap, I want eleventy million dollars." The skins would be kinda focked. I wouldn't have done this deal without having a contract with RG3 ironed out and him on bored.

He could say that but instead he'll probably say thanks for the millions upon millions of dollars you're paying me to play a game. My family will now be set for life thanks to this contract.

He could say that but instead he'll probably say thanks for the millions upon millions of dollars you're paying me to play a game. My family will now be set for life thanks to this contract.

I agree. I'm just sayin, if he wanted to be a richard about it, the skins have kinda put a gun to their own heads here.