Sign in to follow this  
Matt Mueller

Isaac Redman Outlook 2012

I'm wondering where everyone falls on Redman next year. Last year he had 110 carries at 4.4 a pop and scored 3 tds. He added 18 receptions for a relatively bad 4.3 YPC. (Mendy was 8.6 last year on 18)

He received a huge workload in week 17 and in Round 1 of the playoffs and posted 19-92-1, 3-18 and 17-121-0, 2-21.

Great stats, however they were against Cleveland and Denver. Teams that ranked 22nd and 30th in total yards against rushing defense last year.

It's this small sample size of work against bad defenses that makes me unsure of how to value Redman next year.

What are you thoughts? Can he carry load for Pitt next year and emerge as a possible RB2?

I don't really have a read on the situation so I'm asking for opinions.

If Mendenhall starts the year on PUP, Redman is a guy who could luck into 1,000 yards on the ground and 8-10 TDs. I've got him ranked right around Greene and BJGE as a 4-5 round so-so RB2 right now.

I'm pretty high on Redman this year. Opportunity + improved run blocking with the addition on Adams and DeCastro = high end rb2 with the possibility of rb1 stats.

I'm pretty high on him as well, which is why I "reached" for him in a draft that you may have seen some people talking about. 4.12 for what could end up being a RB1 is worth it.

I honestly think he has 2 completely different floor/ceiling valuations: 1 with Mendy on the PUP/IR and 1 without. He's going to start the first part of the season regardless. If he shows some improvement I think he earns more pt. But this is dependent on Mendy being at the level of rehab most are predicting him at as of now.

Floor/ceiling with Mendy on PUP is mid-to-low RB2/10th-15th RB overall

No PUP for Mendy Low RB3/MidRB2

Just finished up my PIT projection last night and had Mendy on the PUP for the first six games and eased in over the next four, before settling into a committee of sorts to finish out the season. I think with Mendy's contract up at the end of the season, the Steelers may have enough incentive to go RBBC in an effort to keep his 2012 numbers down. Just a thought...

Just finished up my PIT projection last night and had Mendy on the PUP for the first six games and eased in over the next four, before settling into a committee of sorts to finish out the season. I think with Mendy's contract up at the end of the season, the Steelers may have enough incentive to go RBBC in an effort to keep his 2012 numbers down. Just a thought...

Or...they could give Redman and/or others every opportunity to win the job so they don't have to pay Mendenhall.

Or...they could give Redman and/or others every opportunity to win the job so they don't have to pay Mendenhall.

Very possible. I just chose one way to go w/ the projections. Would not surprise me in the least if they let Redman carry the load if he's doing well by the time Mendy is ready.

You don't here his name bantered around much in conversations about Redmans 2012 fantasy outlook, but Dwyer concerns me a little bit.

per Rotoworld - July 2nd:

Steelers RB Jonathan Dwyer will spend the next month training at Pete Bommarito Performance Systems.

It's the same place where Maurice Jones-Drew, Matt Forte, LeSean McCoy, Frank Gore, Ahmad Bradshaw, Jonathan Stewart and others work out during the NFL's month off. Dwyer, whose problems with weight/conditioning have crippled his career, now appears motivated thanks in part to Rashard Mendenhall's ACL tear. If Dwyer is in shape, he could conceivably push backup-caliber talent Isaac Redman for snaps.

i got him as a late 7th rounder in This League he is currently my 2nd flex player. If he works out, great. If not, i'm sure I will be able to replace him easily enough with someone already on my roster or the inevitable breakout free agent.

he seems to be going 2-3 rounds higher now than he was when this leagues draft took place. Not sure i'd be willing to pay his price tag now.

at the time I felt a late 7th was not much to pay for a guy who was likely to start on a team with a revamped o-line and a new, more run oriented OC.

You have more sleepers than a hotel. :banana:

LOL. That I do. I know that at the most a few will turn out. I know that I will definitely be wrong on most of my goofy prophesies. It is fun to project these players out though.