Sign in to follow this  
vash1012

Percy Harvin

IF he can stay healthy and not be a headache this season, he is money.....a lock WR1 for your fantasy team. He catches, he rushes, and he is a threat to break it every time he touches the ball

Why such useless advice. Talk about Percy Harvin.

I like him this year. He really came on strong last year in the second half of the season. He's quick, strong, fast and the primary receiver in their offense. He's great after the catch and has an opportunity to have a lot of receptions.

4 out of the 5 big games from Harvin came when AP was out.

Success of Harvin and the frequency of his workload will depend heavily on AP's health this season.

From what I hear, AP is going to be back week 1, which means Harvin is dropping a bit on my list.

But not too much of a drop, he goes from a top 6 WR to a top 12 WR. Still a decent #1 WR option just because the Vikings are pretty helpless on offense and Harvin is one of their only weapons.

4 out of the 5 big games from Harvin came when AP was out.

Success of Harvin and the frequency of his workload will depend heavily on AP's health this season.

From what I hear, AP is going to be back week 1, which means Harvin is dropping a bit on my list.

But not too much of a drop, he goes from a top 6 WR to a top 12 WR. Still a decent #1 WR option just because the Vikings are pretty helpless on offense and Harvin is one of their only weapons.

I can see that line of thinking but Harvin's big games also took place after Ponder took over. AP should help the offense...even if it he does take away rushing attempts.

Harvin tore it up the last half of last season and looks great in camp thus far. I think he has great value headed into this season. Hopefully his reps will increase while AD comes back from his injury.

i love him this year.....traded for him last year and he did not dissapoint

most mocks, when i went rb/rb i took him in the 3rd as my WR1......but also depending who else is there

in my main league, which is totally possible.....im gonna try/target to get AJ green in 3rd, and get Percy as my WR2 in the 4th

He's the only real play maker on the Vikes.

Played in only 66% of offensive plays last season, which is simply nuts. They need to get him in on every offensive snap if possible.

He will probably get 2-4 rushing attempts and a good 7-9 targets a game in the passing game. I also like his upside.

Minny line is going to be terrible... Peterson wont be at full strength and they have no one else to get the ball to. He will get a ton of defensive attention, especially to start the year.

I certainly dont see him as a top 5 WR this year. Hell me may not sniff the top 10.

Everybody seems to be forgetting about his migraines too. What if you spend a high pick on him and then a few weeks into the season he ends up missing significant time? It's probably not a huge concern but I wouldn't completely 100% disregard it either.

Don't get me wrong, I'm high on Harvin this. Just not quite as high as some.

Migraines were controlled last season, so I'm hoping for the best this season.

Risky because of health concerns and the fact that the Vikes limit his snaps.

However, he is a huge WR in PPR. Improved every year. He can be utilized as a runner and returner as well. FInished season strong last year. Added weapons this year with Rudolph and AP returning. Qb has year of experience and full offseason in which people are seeing huge strides. I think he's a steal at his ADP. Think he's easily top 10 WR with alot of upside.

There was a report last year that they had his migraine issue all figured out. Last year he didn't miss any time due to them, from what I remember.

Thanks for the info :thumbsup:

Migraines were controlled last season, so I'm hoping for the best this season.

If I remember correctly it had something to do with the lights and/or the roof of the dome.

I'm not sure if they fitted his helmet with a tinted visor or what (homers?). But w/e they did, it seemed to work.