Sign in to follow this  
Tannenhill4Prez

if i pick 7th and these are picked before me

6 pt. All TDs? Yes, I would. Your missing out on the top 3 RBs & QBs.

Stafford is pretty much a lock for 4000+ 40+.

12 man leaague ppr 6 pt td and if brady, rodgers, rice, mccoy, brees and foster are picked before me who do I go? Cj2k, calvin?

I'd go Calvin there, and try and grab Stafford/Graham on the way back.

I like Ryan, but you can't turn down Stafford.

Ever hear "a bird in the hand is worth 2 in the bush" ?

Take the guarantee in Stafford in the first & build from there.

I like Ryan, but you can't turn down Stafford.

Ever hear "a bird in the hand is worth 2 in the bush" ?

Take the guarantee in Stafford in the first & build from there.

I don't see much difference, aren't Ryans TDs worth 6pts too ?

If all QBS TDs are 6pt, then they'll all be scoring higher compared to RBs/WRs, it's all relative.

Even if he waits for Romo, or Manning. I say grab the top tier players that fell to you, because other guys grabbed QBs early.

Plasma - understood. But that being said - what do you project Stafford's floor & ceiling vs say Ryan's? IMO, Stafford's is higher in both. I think Stafford's floor is about where Ryan's numbers were last year. Even if Ryan's numbers would increase by say 20% over last year (in both yards & TDs) he still wouldn't match Stafford.

I understand what you're saying about waiting on a QB, as that is what I'm planning to do (actually hoping to get Ryan in the 4th-5th myself). But I'm in all redrafts & 4pt. TD throws. Keeper & 6 pt. change the strategy. I'd want a guaranteed top performance QB as early as possible. Sure I think Ryan will end up top 10, maybe top 5 - But I KNOW Stafford will be.

I also know that a few in his league will see the top QBs falling off the screen & will panic & take an Eli over xxxxxx (rb/wr).

6 pt. All TDs? Yes, I would. Your missing out on the top 3 RBs & QBs.

Stafford is pretty much a lock for 4000+ 40+.

correct me if I am wrong, but I dont think any QB ever has gone back to back 40 td seasons

so it really isnt a lock

The only QB in NFL history with 2 40+td seasons btw is Dan Marino, its a little early to put Stafford in that category, Rogers hasnt done it, Brady, Manning, Brees, none of them have

correct me if I am wrong, but I dont think any QB ever has gone back to back 40 td seasons

so it really isnt a lock

The only QB in NFL history with 2 40+td seasons btw is Dan Marino, its a little early to put Stafford in that category, Rogers hasnt done it, Brady, Manning, Brees, none of them have

So you're saying none of the top 5 will hit 4k 40tds this year?

Wanna bet?

So you're saying none of the top 5 will hit 4k 40tds this year?

Wanna bet?

no I am just saying none of them HAVE done it, could it happen? Sure it could, All 4 of these guys could throw for 4700 yards and 36 td's and they would be solid years. Calling something a "LOCK" is just getting ahead of yourself. Stafford could get hit in the first game and hes back to being broken, Calvin could have hammy issues, you never know. There are no locks in the NFL, none, never ever ever

no I am just saying none of them HAVE done it, could it happen? Sure it could, All 4 of these guys could throw for 4700 yards and 36 td's and they would be solid years. Calling something a "LOCK" is just getting ahead of yourself. Stafford could get hit in the first game and hes back to being broken, Calvin could have hammy issues, you never know. There are no locks in the NFL, none, never ever ever

So let's get technical now. Let me rephrase:

Stafford has an excellent opportunity to be one of the first QBs to throw for 4000 yards & 40 TDs in back-to-back years. Along with ARod, Brady, and Brees this year.

:rolleyes:

So let's get technical now. Let me rephrase:

Stafford has an excellent opportunity to be one of the first QBs to throw for 4000 yards & 40 TDs. Along with ARod, Brady, and Brees this year.

:rolleyes:

he also has a realistic shot of throwing for 4700 yards and 36 tds

so does Rivers, Ryan, Manning etc.

Im not being technical, I am just being realistic. Keep in mind, Stafford reached those numbers (5k+ 41 tds) by throwing for 520 yards and 5 tds, in week 17

for what its worth, I love Stafford, hes my keeper QB, I just dont go overboard on projections

So, according to what the OP asked - what would YOU do?

I say Stafford, so really not much else I can add.

So, according to what the OP asked - what would YOU do?

I say Stafford, so really not much else I can add.

thats fine, and to that I say, if you are going to draft Stafford 7th, is there any room in your league?

thats fine, and to that I say, if you are going to draft Stafford 7th, is there any room in your league?

Nope. Filled. Sorry.

Are you going to answer the question & actually form an opinion or do you just wait for us that do so you have something to say?

sure

Calvin, altough, I pick him 4th after the 3rb's before any QB

Why?

cause hes like a lock for 2000 yards, 200 catches and 30 tds

Sounds good to me. :lol:

Calvin wasn't a great suggestion either.

Calvin is still a top 7 PPR PPG WR coming in, and had another solid game

Stafford continues to suck

But hey defend the tool who came in here making stupid statements, when all I did was simply state who I would take

Calvin is still a top 7 PPR PPG WR coming in, and had another solid game

Stafford continues to suck

But hey defend the tool who came in here making stupid statements, when all I did was simply state who I would take

says the tool bumping posts from august when half of everyones predictions have fallen short :thumbsup:

i remember a few years ago when your posts on this board were absolutely dreadful and someone had to take you under their wing. guess you got your big boy britches.

says the tool bumping posts from august when half of everyones predictions have fallen short :thumbsup:

i remember a few years ago when your posts on this board were absolutely dreadful and someone had to take you under their wing. guess you got your big boy britches.

I think the only tool is the person that was adamant on their prediction and left no room for discussion. Which the guy in this thread was. And also you, for excusing that type of behavior.

I also think Calvin was the better pick and the player people are more comfortable with going forward.

I think the only tool is the person that was adamant on their prediction and left no room for discussion. Which the guy in this thread was. And also you, for excusing that type of behavior.

I also think Calvin was the better pick and the player people are more comfortable with going forward.

i agree, Calvin was the better pick. It's who I would have likely selected.

but why go back and bump a post because someone had a conviction? looked like a fair amount of discussion. So the guy didn't back off his stance? pretty sure that happens 20 times a day here.

if you want to open a discussion on it, that's one thing... but to simply bump a post and say "LOCK OF THE YEAR" and then call the guy a tool because you didn't agree with him...... seems like far more toolish behavior

I had the 7th pick also, so glad I went with Brees and he fell to me over CJ2K who I was going to take (passing td = 6 pts league)

I would have taken Matt Ryan, Trent Richardson or Alfred Morris at the 7th pick. Those guys were locks.