Sign in to follow this  
aaaa

DeMarco Murray or Jamaal Charles?

32 members have voted

1. 1. Murray or Charles?

• Murray
    • Charles

All my mock drafts seem to have me choosing between these two guys in the late second round. Which one of them do you prefer to lean on as an RB1? Does it make a difference if they're being counted on as RB2's?

I had this exact dilemma and chose Murray. Now I gotta keep my fingers crossed.

broken bone > torn ligament

Tough but I go Murray as I think Hillis will be a big part of the KC attack and eat into Charles numbers some.

no question for me--murray in a heartbeat. his role is uncontested, and as posted above, a bone injury is far less severe than ligament damage. also, people forget that garrett loves to run the ball--he learned from zampese/turner.

Murray is uncontested?

Did Felix die?

Hillis doesn't exactly have a healthy track record.

Murray is uncontested?

Did Felix die?

no--felix didn't die. yes--murray is the unquestioned feature back, and felix is the change-of-pace backup and package player. jerry and garrett have made that abundantly clear throughout the offseason and camp. this is the final year of felix's contract, and the team is interested in re-signing him as a role player, but not a starting RB.

Felix Jones might as well be dead. I'd easily take Murray.

I lol'd.

Let's see, guy coming off a major knee injury, sharing time with a bowling ball GL back.

or

Guy coming back from a broken bone, with a backup that can't stay healthy nor the ability to be a threat.

I know who i take.

I lol'd.

Let's see, guy coming off a major knee injury, sharing time with a bowling ball GL back.

or

Guy coming back from a broken bone, with a backup that can't stay healthy nor the ability to be a threat.

I know who i take.

If you'll allow me to play Devil's Advocate for a moment, isn't Dallas' O-line one of the scariest to be behind this year? Murray's health will surely be affected by the kind of protection he receives. I'd rather have my RB-on-the-mend behind better blockers.

And couldn't you say the presence of Peyton Hillis helps preserve Jamaal Charles' durability this year? It's not like Charles ever really got goal line scores, he breaks off long ones. Murray will be relied on heavily (in an admittedly pass first offense), and he hasn't shown he can even play a full season yet. Meanwhile, Charles should be well rested for his juicy playoff schedule.

I don't know if I would pick Murray if he were there at 3.10. Charles.

The poll results are 16-5 in favor of Murray, surprisingly. The people have spoken!

If you'll allow me to play Devil's Advocate for a moment, isn't Dallas' O-line one of the scariest to be behind this year? Murray's health will surely be affected by the kind of protection he receives. I'd rather have my RB-on-the-mend behind better blockers.

solid point. as i've mentioned in other murray threads, dallas has zero O-line continuity, plus injury and lack of depth on the interior. this should serve to temper optimism.

that said, i'd still rather have murray based on the reasons that i posted above.

Murray. WIll be goal line back, no competition. He is injury prone but you have Charles coming off an injury himself. I see a 50/50 split in KC with Hillis getting all the goal line touches.

Both scare me. And I actually like Charles, but probably would take Murray because of all the ADPs. I should take my own advice, but whatever.

I'm a Cowboys fan and absolutely hate our Oline. But Murray did do well last year and that Oline can only get healthier...so Murray.

Is that even a question? Murray. Next year Charles may return to form but not this year.

Murray for sure. Both guys have question marks, but Charles has Hillis to contend with whereas Murray will be the uncontested #1 guy as long as he can stay healthy.

Murray. WIll be goal line back, no competition. He is injury prone but you have Charles coming off an injury himself. I see a 50/50 split in KC with Hillis getting all the goal line touches.

Hillis gets the goal line touches but no way does he get 50/50. Charles is what makes the Chefs offense go. Without him on the field, they're a poor offense.

I managed to get both as D. Murray fell like a brick for some reason. I drafted the day after the first preseason game that showed how bad their oline was. I would still pick J. Charles first. If you remember in his awesome 2010 season he was in a time share also. Peyton Hillis was aweful last year. If JC can get back to even 75% of his former form, I think he has much more upside than D. Murray.