Sign in to follow this  
kwyjibo

Vincent Jackson

I can't figure out what to expect from VJax this season. I'm thinking WR3. Is that too low of an expectation?

I can't figure out what to expect from VJax this season. I'm thinking WR3. Is that too low of an expectation?

I think thats what I would depend on, but I have hopes he will be a solid WR2. He could disapoint if you wait and take him as your only WR2 option. Freeman has looked terrible thus far, but he has managed a few prayers thrown towards VJax. The problem is those aren't very consistent, and I see them really trying to establish the run this year. I would take him as a Flex but nothing more.

I think thats what I would depend on, but I have hopes he will be a solid WR2. He could disapoint if you wait and take him as your only WR2 option. Freeman has looked terrible thus far, but he has managed a few prayers thrown towards VJax. The problem is those aren't very consistent, and I see them really trying to establish the run this year. I would take him as a Flex but nothing more.

Thx, Gator. That's the kind of info I was hoping to get.

I'm a Bucs season ticket holder and was in the stands last night. I've been a big Freeman fan since he came into the league, but I'm seriously starting to lose faith. He's looking right now like last year was the norm and his rookie season was an aberration. The first drive where they marched down the field and scored, Freeman looked good. He completed 3 passes for 49 yards to VJax. You'll notice that's what VJax finished the game with. Freeman looked pathetic the rest of the game. He missed VJax breaking open on a double move flag-post, on a third down he checked down to a RB who was in the middle of the field 3 yards shy of the first down and surrounded by defenders instead of taking a shot to Preston Parker who had a step on his corner running a post route, he bounced an out to Parker who was breaking open cleanly on an out, and a couple of other gaffes that really have me questioning his ability at this point. All that to say that if Freeman doesn't figure things out, VJax will suffer and probably hurt your team.

On a different note, Martin looked very good and Ridley from NE looked great. He got a bulk of the 1st team carries and caught some balls out of the backfield. The Bucs defense dominated the Pats outside of the Pats first scoring drive where they gave up a couple of big plays. Brady was under pressure all night and got crushed a couple of times. I was impressed with the D.

These are just some of my observations from last night....

Where VJax is going he is a DND for me. Freeman sucks a fatty. Trust me the Bucs are wasting their time with that clown. VJax was inconsistent as hell with Rivers as his QB and now he has Freeman. The only way VJax has a chance at being worth starting is if Freeman is chucking it to him all game. VJax will have some very good games and then disappear for 3, I mean completely disappear.

Where VJax is going he is a DND for me. Freeman sucks a fatty. Trust me the Bucs are wasting their time with that clown. VJax was inconsistent as hell with Rivers as his QB and now he has Freeman. The only way VJax has a chance at being worth starting is if Freeman is chucking it to him all game. VJax will have some very good games and then disappear for 3, I mean completely disappear.

Pair him with CJ2Kmyass and you will become bipolar by week 5.

VJax is purely a deep ball receiver on a team that doesn't throw the deep ball and looks to run a lot this year. I think his ceiling is around 50 catches for 900 yards and 6-7 TDs. Someone in every league is going to overspend for him: don't bother to give him another thought.

Pair him with CJ2Kmyass and you will become bipolar by week 5.

Oh man if you are relying on them as 2 of your primary players this year you are going to be in trouble.

Dont like VJax but I do like what he does for Mike Williams. I like Williams at his current ADP

Thought I was the only one. I had Mike Williams for his awesome rookie campaign when I drafted him late and picked him up as a FA after his sophomore slump last year when he still managed a few good games when I started him so I've been through the ups and downs. Now he's headed into that great year 3 for WR and hopefully last year and the signing of VJAX is a wake up call to get back on track.