Sign in to follow this  
montana

What's Jennings worth now?

Are you looking to trade him to the MJD owner?

What are you or did you ask?

MJD owner wants him but doesn't want to give much for him. Sid Rice is the most he offered up & is holding tight. Obviously Jennings holds value at least for now, but I just don't think much after say week 3 or so.

Did you trade him or for him? What did the trade look like?

Guy tried to give me Montario Hardesty for him. For that price, I'd rather hold him in case MJD gets injured or sacrifices some carries in favor of Jennings.

For week one a nice plug and play. After week one about a bag of chips. Unless MJD gets hurt (which has been known to happen to RBs who holdout). At this point Jennings is a hold and trade bait for the MJD owner.

I'm a Jennings owner:

The MJD owner has DMC, Green, Goodson, Dan Williams and Royster. I may be looking elsewhere for a trade if MJD gets hurt.

Jennings owner was trying to trade him to me. I told him to kiss my a$$ and he would probably drop him around week 4 or 5 because he will have no value to him just sitting on his bench. :thumbsup:

Unless you plan on starting him the first week or two, his value just plummeted. The best trade opportunities right now would be as an MJD handcuff, or maybe as an early season fill in to the guy who drafted Ryan Matthews. I would't expect to get much for him though. Hope you didn't spend too high of a pick on him.

Ced benson went 1 pick before me so i drafted jennings. I actually jist walked downstairs to my basement and asked my roomate(mjd owner) if he would trade me helu for jennings. Got a negative on that one. I really am pulling for mjd to get hurt so all of us jennings owners can laugh at them for not protecting their stupid investment when they had the chance.

i think jennings owners need to sit tight for now, if he looks good weeks 1-2 then attempt to sell high..but other than to the MJD owner, he really has no value unless he proves he can carve out a timeshare (175+ touches this year)

The one league I have Jennings, I might not even play him week one now. I'll go D Martin and R Bush and use A Brown as a flex. The only thing the MJD owner has that we'd both consider is Turbin from SEA. If that doesn't fly, my bench is big enough in this league to keep Jennings w/out pain.

I could keep him, I have the room. I didn't spend much, maybe a 15th rounder or so. Might as well try to trade him for something.

I could keep him, I have the room. I didn't spend much, maybe a 15th rounder or so. Might as well try to trade him for something.

true but if all you're able to get is a mediocre WR, you might be better off just holding and seeing what happens with MJD. Missing camp can lead to nagging injuries. I watched it with Revis and his hamstring.

the value Jennings will ahve if MJD misses time will be far far more than the value of any player you can likely get in a trade for him at this piont

true but if all you're able to get is a mediocre WR, you might be better off just holding and seeing what happens with MJD. Missing camp can lead to nagging injuries. I watched it with Revis and his hamstring.

the value Jennings will ahve if MJD misses time will be far far more than the value of any player you can likely get in a trade for him at this piont

Agreed

Hardest is behind b jackson

Not quite, rumor was he was going to win the job until he got hurt, which sealed it up for Hardesty by default only.

Not quite, rumor was he was going to win the job until he got hurt, which sealed it up for Hardesty by default only.

Jennings is worthless. If you can get anything for him, take it.

Those of us who want to win the whole thing need players who will play in the playoffs. Jennings is not that guy. Of course, if you're planning on stinking up the cellar all year long, he may have some value to you.

Those of us who want to win the whole thing need players who will play in the playoffs. Jennings is not that guy. Of course, if you're planning on stinking up the cellar all year long, he may have some value to you.

I always worry about FF players who play like this. And by worry, I mean I worry that they pay their entry fee before they fade into that good night!

Do you not think (and yes, that's a rhetorical) that should MJD get hurt (which could happen given his mileage and holdout) that Jennings would instantly be a #1 RB?

But I am sure that #5 WR you could get for him right now will carry you in your playoffs!

:thumbsdown:

I think he's at least worth holding to see what happens with MJD. He's better than some of the guys on my waiver wire who definitely wouldn't see the starting lineup.

I think he's at least worth holding to see what happens with MJD. He's better than some of the guys on my waiver wire who definitely wouldn't see the starting lineup.

What about Dwyer? He's available & has looked decent this preseason. I think he's Avg'd about 5 yrds per carry & 11.5 per catch.

:thumbsup:

hold on for a bit. MJD won't be up to snuff initially. Plus, you don't want to help out any league mates.