Sign in to follow this  
Djgb13

Your Studs

So you drafted your studs the first couple of rounds. However during the season you see that they will be playing a tough match up. Do you sit them and start the guy you drafted in the later rounds who has a pretty good matchup in hopes that he could have a great game? Usually I always start my studs (which was the case back when I was playing in 2007 but times have changed). What are your thoughts?

So you drafted your studs the first couple of rounds. However during the season you see that they will be playing a tough match up. Do you sit them and start the guy you drafted in the later rounds who has a pretty good matchup in hopes that he could have a great game? Usually I always start my studs (which was the case back when I was playing in 2007 but times have changed). What are your thoughts?

They haven't changed THAT much. Start your studs...ALWAYS, that's why they are studs!

Yep.

You can play russian roulette with you #2/3 RB's and WR's but play your studs.

By every statistical measure, Lynch was a must sit vs SF last year, week 16. He got 100 and a TD I believe.

Most of the time i start my studs. Once in a while there may be a reason to bench them. Not often though. If tom brady is playing outside in 50 mph wind i may bench him and start my backup if they are good and have a great matchup. Same goes for wrs. If i have andre johnson going against derrell revis and its 50 mph winds i would prob sit him if i had another good option.

Yep.

You can play russian roulette with you #2/3 RB's and WR's but play your studs.

By every statistical measure, Lynch was a must sit vs SF last year, week 16. He got 100 and a TD I believe.

Yeah, I sat Lynch last year in my championship & it was tough to stomach watching him play well against the 49ers defense.

Thankfully Khalil Bell was the waiver savior he was touted as that week & brought me home the championship!

The problem with benching studs based on matchups is when you actually guess right, it's usually not a big point difference. But when you guess wrong, you're screwed.

I drafted them early, so I'm gonna start them.

I love people who sit their studs when I play them. :thumbsup:

I totally agree with you - nothing better than watching live scoring to see my opponents bench points rack up while their starters falter.

Don't get cute - play your studs.

I think I wasted 10 seconds reading this :ninja:

but feel free to bench Calvin Johnson if you think Robert Meachum has a better matchup

but feel free to bench Calvin Johnson if you think Robert Meachum has a better matchup

I'm just hoping that Megatron decks Cortland Finnegan. That is all

I was thinking more along the lines as someone who drafted larry fitzgerald benching him during week 1 and starting another wr because of the defense he plays and the qb situation he has going on. Just an example of a problem I see arising this week.

Yeah,

unless my stud is hurt and producing at a pace substantially below typical. At that point the bad matchup may change my mind if I have a good play elsewhere.

but generally I play my studs all the time.

I always try and play the best matchups. Lets me feel like I'm actually managing. Last year I should have sat Chris Johnson more than I did and it cost me games.

Yes.

I lost a championship a few years back when I played Jamal Charles over MJD. MJD lit it up for about 40 points and I lost by 5 in the semis. The next week I had most points overall...

Such as benching Rodgers vs SF and playing Rivers vs Oakland? :music_guitarred:

Such as benching Rodgers vs SF and playing Rivers vs Oakland? :music_guitarred:

I actually have both those guys lol. However, Im still playing Rodgers cause I believe he will still put up big fantasy points. I think he is just that good especially with all the talent he has around him.

I was thinking more along the lines as someone who drafted larry fitzgerald benching him during week 1 and starting another wr because of the defense he plays and the qb situation he has going on. Just an example of a problem I see arising this week.

Fitzgerald's situation is a unique one but those factors were already known when he was drafted. It's only week 1 and if you drafted him it was most likely with a high pick and as a #1 WR. Until he shows a pattern of poor performances I think you have to start him.