Sign in to follow this  
rallo

Is it time to trade Kevin Smith?

Smith had a decent week, and has one more week before leshoure comes back. Is smith's value as high as it will get? What value would you give him as this point. Is he worth a malcolm floyd/kenny britt type player? What have you guys been giving/getting for smith?

I sent out an offer of Kevin Smith and Peyton Manning for Doug Martin and Jay Cutler. I have Matt Ryan as my QB1. He has Vick. He's also a Lions fan. So I'm trying to cash in on Kevin Smith and upgrade to Martin, who I like what I saw out of in Week 1.

Unless you have good RB depth and need another WR I wouldn't trade him away for a WR. The position is incredibly depleted. I would consider trading him for another RB, or packing him with someone else for a top-tier TE, maybe.

Sell, Sell, Sell. If you can get a player valued higher than what you initially gave up to obtain Smith, do it. HE is not the type of RB you will be able to rely on all season long to produce at this level.

traded him away for kenny britt... i realize i could've possibly got a little more, but the owner was unwilling to package anything reasonable for welker. He threw is helu to sweeten the deal... not that it really does.

Keeping.

I'm not going to be the guy who tries to predict injuries, in the process giving away the feature back on maybe the best offense in football, who has already put up a monster game one, and who oh-yeah-by-the-way cost me approximately nothing to acquire.

If I eat it on this one, it didn't cost me crap. If he stays healthy, I got an RB1 for the price of a kicker. That's a better wager to me than moving him for a mid-round shlub while I can.

Sell, Sell, Sell. If you can get a player valued higher than what you initially gave up to obtain Smith, do it. HE is not the type of RB you will be able to rely on all season long to produce at this level.

What? He isn't gonna score 32 TDs? Fock him

It's comical to me that so many people believe that Smith will definitely be supplanted by this kid who has shown absolutely nothing other than his ability to get hurt and have discipline problems, or Best, who is far from sure bet to have any impact at all this year.

Don't forget, Smith himself is no schlub. He was a fairly high draft choice in '08 and was the Lions starting RB before being derailed by injuries, leading to the drafting of Best. So, in a way, Smith has simply regained his job that he lost not because of talent, but health. It's no fluke.

I'd wait a little longer to see how he performs. The Lions haven't had a respectable RB since Barry Sanders. Smith has been a round for quite a while and never really produced. That said he can lite it up on any given week just don't get your hopes on that.

It's comical to me that so many people believe that Smith will definitely be supplanted by this kid who has shown absolutely nothing other than his ability to get hurt and have discipline problems, or Best, who is far from sure bet to have any impact at all this year.

Don't forget, Smith himself is no schlub. He was a fairly high draft choice in '08 and was the Lions starting RB before being derailed by injuries, leading to the drafting of Best. So, in a way, Smith has simply regained his job that he lost not because of talent, but health. It's no fluke.

this. kevin smith was a first round draft choice if im not mistaken, and his major knock is being as injury or suspension prone than every other lions back.

jahvid best has the type of concussion that could threaten a career, let alone this season. happens to almost a handful of guys a year in the nhl.

i wouldn't sell on a starting RB whose competition is a completely green andcharacter-risk-first-time nfl player. well, i'd sell him for RB2 value, but i'm holding he will keep RB2 value for at least three quarters of this season. could also be out for the season by monday.

non ppr league here...

i just don't see him carrying the full load. Sure he'll see the bulk of the carries and catch passes, but i don't see him getting goalline carries when leshoure comes back... i figure they'll work leshoure in the lineup and he'll steal a few carries as well.

That and he's my 4th RB in a 14 man league with others hurting at RB... had to deal him

lol - good luck with this shite offer

Yeah, it wasn't straight up. I was throwing in Witten trying to get another WR or TE from him. I probably should have made it more clear.

Tried packaging him and Matthews for Ray rice to the dude who lost Fred Jackson. His Rbs are currntly Ray Rice, Roy Helu and Toby Gerhart. He wasn't interested

It's funny to that anyone would believe that Smith will be the starting RB in Detroit for more than a few games. He has missed 22 of the last 37 games due to injury, of the 15 he has played, he has only started 5, and only gotten more than 10 carries 5 times. Do you think he's suddenly going to be a 15-20 carry/game back for the entire season?

It's not that LeShoure, or Best is going to come in and steal this role from Smith, he'll just hand it over with poor play or an injury.

It's funny to that anyone would believe that Smith will be the starting RB in Detroit for more than a few games. He has missed 22 of the last 37 games due to injury, of the 15 he has played, he has only started 5, and only gotten more than 10 carries 5 times. Do you think he's suddenly going to be a 15-20 carry/game back for the entire season?

It's not that LeShoure, or Best is going to come in and steal this role from Smith, he'll just hand it over with poor play or an injury.

This...

and with the matchup against SF this week i see his stock dropping a little bit. It may seem premature, but IMO the iron is hot. :banana:

I packaged him with Antonio Brown and got Harvin & J. Rodgers.

I believe I received the better wr, and if Turner goes down or is inefficient, then I get the better rb. But it is a gamble. Smith COULD stay healthy and be a rb1, Turner could hold his own and Rodgers stays on the bench. But I dont think it happens that way.

I also found it hard to get an offer for him. The owner that I ended up dealing him to had F. Jax and not much else.

I packaged him with Antonio Brown and got Harvin & J. Rodgers.

I believe I received the better wr, and if Turner goes down or is inefficient, then I get the better rb. But it is a gamble. Smith COULD stay healthy and be a rb1, Turner could hold his own and Rodgers stays on the bench. But I dont think it happens that way.

I also found it hard to get an offer for him. The owner that I ended up dealing him to had F. Jax and not much else.

Love it. You got a stud at WR and it didn't cost you much.

Love it. You got a stud at WR and it didn't cost you much.

Buy low and sell high! Same reason I just picked up McCluster (best ww rb). Just saw that the Forte owner has D. Brown, Mendenhall & T. Rich. Time to send an offer.

:D

I offered KSmith for:

1.) Vincent Jackson (Greg Little and Ogletree are my WR 4 and 5. Owner has Mathews, Benson, Hillis and has OK options to replace Jax as WR3 in Meachem/McCluster)

2.) Vernon Davis (Owner has Jimmy Graham is starting Ryan Williams/Gerhart, also has Forte who is out a while)

3.) Antonio Gates (Included Fred Davis in this deal, owner has: R. Jennings, B. Tate, D. Wilson, D. Thomas, L. James, B. Scott as only rostered RBs)

First two turned down, third is still out there.

I offered KSmith for:

1.) Vincent Jackson (Greg Little and Ogletree are my WR 4 and 5. Owner has Mathews, Benson, Hillis and has OK options to replace Jax as WR3 in Meachem/McCluster)

2.) Vernon Davis (Owner has Jimmy Graham is starting Ryan Williams/Gerhart, also has Forte who is out a while)

3.) Antonio Gates (Included Fred Davis in this deal, owner has: R. Jennings, B. Tate, D. Wilson, D. Thomas, L. James, B. Scott as only rostered RBs)

First two turned down, third is still out there.

I offered Smith and Leshoure for Forte...no go.

Smith has zero trade value right now.

lol - good luck with this shite offer

Worked for me in my PPR league but I had to package him.

I traded:

Kevin Smith

CJ2K

Lafell

I got:

Mathews

Wayne

Morris

Pretty happy. ;)

Worked for me in my PPR league but I had to package him.

I traded:

Kevin Smith

CJ2K

Lafell

I got:

Mathews

Wayne

Morris

Pretty happy. ;)

Damn dude, nice

I would trade Kevin Smith, maybe with one other player, only if I could get back a better RB...NOT for a WR. Plus, Kevin Smith's problem has always been injury, not skill. When healthy (which has been rare before this season), he ALWAYS plays well and is a FFL stud, and he is healthy now. Although he might lose a few carries to Leshoure when he returns, I can't imaging the Lions will automatically demote Smith when they know how good he is.

Rule of thumb: A guy who people perceive as risky needs to have 2 good gms in a row to gain value. People dismiss 1 as a fluke but 2 as a trend.

Pray he goes off and trade him then ASAP. Rbs are dropping like flies, at least 2 teams in your league are getting desperate for a body after fredj and forte.

Rule of thumb: A guy who people perceive as risky needs to have 2 good gms in a row to gain value. People dismiss 1 as a fluke but 2 as a trend.

Pray he goes off and trade him then ASAP. Rbs are dropping like flies, at least 2 teams in your league are getting desperate for a body after fredj and forte.

I agree...the problem is SF defense in week 2 should hold him in check. Then you can't trade before week 3 because Leshoure will be coming back and other owners will want to see the split.

I have Leshoure and Kevin Smith. Would you guys consider holding the DET backfield and offering Donald Brown out for similar packages to see if anyone bites?

Wow. For a minute I thought we were discussing Stafford before 2011season...

this. kevin smith was a first round draft choice if im not mistaken, and his major knock is being as injury or suspension prone than every other lions back.

jahvid best has the type of concussion that could threaten a career, let alone this season. happens to almost a handful of guys a year in the nhl.

i wouldn't sell on a starting RB whose competition is a completely green andcharacter-risk-first-time nfl player. well, i'd sell him for RB2 value, but i'm holding he will keep RB2 value for at least three quarters of this season. could also be out for the season by monday.

Smith was a 3rd round pick.

He was drafted to compete for the starting job with Rudi Johnson. His performance was mediocre and kept getting injured, so this led to the drafting of Best. When Smith's contract was up, the Lions simply didn't re-sign him. No other teams were willing to gamble on him. Lions eventually called him back when it looked evident Best wasn't coming back last season.

I just traded him on thursday.

Kevin Smith + Eric Decker for Stevan Ridley.

Bummed about losing out on decker as i think he'll be huge with peyton in town and all, but i had to do it.

He was drafted to compete for the starting job with Rudi Johnson. His performance was mediocre and kept getting injured, so this led to the drafting of Best.

This is kind of revisionist history. Smith had a very good rookie season, playing all 16 games, racking up almost 1,300 total yards and 8 TDs. He was viewed by many as a major breakout candidate heading into '09. Then a nagging injury (I think turf-toe) led to, yes, a disappointing sophomore campaign, resulting in the drafting of Best.

When Smith has been healthy, he has been every bit a starting-caliber NFL RB. The question has never been talent.

I am out of the Detroit backfield market.

Traded:

Smith, Leshoure and Ridley

for

Forte and Vernon Davis

I'm holding onto Smith & adding LeSuck for insurance.

Not because I want to, but because I can get 0 return of value for Smith unless I throw in another player. :nono:

If you can't beat'em, join'em. :dunno: