Sign in to follow this  
Boston_Diablo

Time to bench McFadden?

Two weeks, two duds (admittedly not totally in week 1), and now gets to go against the Steelers. Is is time to send DMC to the bench? I have CJ Spiller starting, but with Matt Forte likely out I would have to bench him for Andre Brown tomorrow (yikes!)...

Anyone thoughts/similar predicaments?

If I had other options I would till he gets on track. I wouldn't hesitate starting Brown over him. Pierre Thomas just went for over 100 on only 9 carries vs Car.

My RB's are McFadden, Mathews, D Brown so I almost have to start him.

If I had other options I would till he gets on track. I wouldn't hesitate starting Brown over him. Pierre Thomas just went for over 100 on only 9 carries vs Car.

My RB's are McFadden, Mathews, D Brown so I almost have to start him.

I am considering D Brown vs Jags over McFadden :shocking:

I don't think I could EVER convince myself to start Andre Brown over Darren McFadden. The talent disparity there is just too great.

Yeah, no.

Listen, if you get a substitution like that "right," and Andre Brown comes through for you, chances are it's as a glorified timeshare lead, while Eli carries the day, and you get to ride high on Andre's...I dunno...80 yards from scrimmage and a TD if you're super lucky. And you outscore McFadden if all goes dismally for him by eight points or something.

If McFadden plays well, and you miss, you're going to end up gakking 25 points or something.

You don't bench a guy, especially a first rounder in week three, who can put up 200/3 type lines when all goes well...at least you don't do it unless you have VERY good reason to believe the guy you're subbing in can put up similar numbers under the best of circumstances.

Is it time to sub in Spiller for McFadden? Yeah. Brown? Not so much.

great buy low after this week :headbanger:

Have an offer of Fitzgerald & McFadden for RGIII proposed in my keeper league. Only problem is McFadden can't be kept next year (1st rounder) & Fitzgerald is a 2nd rounder so I doubt I'd keep him. RGIII is a 6th rounder & can be kept for the next 2 seasons. I have Matty Ice as my "starter" so this would improve my team for this season since Fitz & McFadden are great buy lows.

Oakland's offensive line is struggling with the switch from power to zone blocking. They simply aren't executing, or the scheme isn't being coached effectively. The Raiders OL has a new right guard, and the starting center missed most of the offseason/preseason with an injury. Their starting right tackle is also out for week three and has been replaced by Willie Smith who was cut by the Redskins earlier this year. I think DMCs lower production will be the norm until the OL gels, which could take a few weeks or more.

DMC is a north south hit the hole at full speed and go type of back. Perfect for a power scheme. In the ZBS, he's going east west looking for the hole that isn't there because the scheme isn't being executed properly.

If you ever bench your 1st round pick because of matchups, you probably should have chosen someone else.

If you ever bench your 1st round pick because of matchups, you probably should have chosen someone else.

Indeed. The idea of taking someone in the first round (or really the first 3) is that they're matchup proof. If you're going to play matchups that's what the rest of the draft is for.

Somewhere there is some sucker that drafted CJ0.8 and Run DMC and was bragging that they both "fell to him" and his league is full of morons...who is now ready to jump off of a roof. I wish I knew who that guy was because I don't think I could stop laughing.

McFadden put up something close to 30 for me week 1 in my PPR, so until he gets injured I'm playing him.

Two weeks, two duds (admittedly not totally in week 1), and now gets to go against the Steelers. Is is time to send DMC to the bench? I have CJ Spiller starting, but with Matt Forte likely out I would have to bench him for Andre Brown tomorrow (yikes!)...

Anyone thoughts/similar predicaments?

He is riding pine this week and until he and Oakland can show some improvement.:bench: I will start Trent Richardson and Reggie Bush until then, as a matter of fact I would probably go with my safer alternative of Alfred Morris if pushed right now. Yeah I just called a Washington RB safer.:o

I gotta decide on 3 of these 4:

Rice, DMC, Martin, Smith

Rice is the only given imo.

Seriously thinking about smith vs terrible Tennessee D......

Martin is a safe bet to get close to 20 touches.

Then I got DMC. First week was good (ppr). Second week, not so much.

:dunno:

can someone who watched the game provide some info on why he caught just 2 passes out of 7 targets? that's more disappointing to me (ppr owner) than the horrid ypc which I kinda expected since the MIA is pretty strong against the run.

can someone who watched the game provide some info on why he caught just 2 passes out of 7 targets? that's more disappointing to me (ppr owner) than the horrid ypc which I kinda expected since the MIA is pretty strong against the run.

Palmer was throwing in the dirt all day.

Ridley has a tough matchup too!!

Maybe. But Ravens run D ranked 20th. Not the Sam force as in the past. Of course you can make that argument about Pit as well...

i have to pick 5...dmac, demarco, doug martin, larry fitz, mike wallace, miles austin...

i'm honestly debating between dmac and fitz for the fifth and final spot.

"Head coach Dennis Allen said he will not implement changes to the Raiders' zone-blocking scheme.

Back in 2010, Darren McFadden's career took off in 2010 when Hue Jackson installed a power-blocking system. Through two games under Gregg Knapp's finesse techniques this year, McFadden is averaging 2.07 YPC and doesn't have a run longer than eight yards. "I've seen it work. It's been successful in this league, and we've got the right personnel to get it done," Allen said. We're also confident McFadden will eventually get in a groove, resulting in a "buy low" opportunity for fantasy owners. "

http://www.rotoworld.com/

Read the the underline statement again. I've 'seen' it work. :rolleyes:

I've also seen bigfoot and the loch ness monster.

"Head coach Dennis Allen said he will not implement changes to the Raiders' zone-blocking scheme.

Back in 2010, Darren McFadden's career took off in 2010 when Hue Jackson installed a power-blocking system. Through two games under Gregg Knapp's finesse techniques this year, McFadden is averaging 2.07 YPC and doesn't have a run longer than eight yards. "I've seen it work. It's been successful in this league, and we've got the right personnel to get it done," Allen said. We're also confident McFadden will eventually get in a groove, resulting in a "buy low" opportunity for fantasy owners. "

http://www.rotoworld.com/

Read the the underline statement again. I've 'seen' it work. :rolleyes:

I've also seen bigfoot and the loch ness monster.

Gotta have a ton of confidence there.

The problem right now isn't DMC in a ZBS; it's that the Raiders are executing the blocks horribly. It looks like half of them are still trying to run power plays. McFadden will figure it out, but I wouldn't be surprised if Knapp and Allen change their plans a bit once they're staring at 0-4.

McFadden should of had an easy TD last week if Palmer threw the ball at the right time. Oakland was down inside the 10 and DMC was wide open out of the backfield, but Palmer waited until he was close to the sideline to finally throw it. McFadden still should of caught it, but if Palmer times it right, McFadden walks in.

Well that statement can be disputed. It really depends on your 1st rounder because most leagues had CJ as a consensus top 10 player so if you are in a 10-14 team league, chances are that he was drafted in the 1st round. I would start Alfred Morris, Richardson, Martin, Ridley, Lynch, Spiller, etc... over him without hesitating. DMC is someone that you could argue to be on the cusp of getting benched depending on your team's depth and league's starting lineup settings.

One does not simply bench DMC at this point. We'll see if he gets it going this week against a PIT defense that will be without James Harrison and Troy Palaalamalolalaaou.

McFadden should of had an easy TD last week if Palmer threw the ball at the right time. Oakland was down inside the 10 and DMC was wide open out of the backfield, but Palmer waited until he was close to the sideline to finally throw it. McFadden still should of caught it, but if Palmer times it right, McFadden walks in.

If Palmer times it right, and it hits McFadden right in the chest and bounces off, he still doesn't score. That drop was all McFadden.

If Palmer times it right, and it hits McFadden right in the chest and bounces off, he still doesn't score. That drop was all McFadden.

Disagree. It was thrown late & slightly behind him. All? No. I'd say 75/25 tho, as he did get 2 hands on it. Poor timing has killed Oakland too (along with everything previously mentioned).

I gotta think they'll get it together....probably still a few weeks away tho.