Sign in to follow this  
WGP xCurshx

Ever had too many good players?

I drafted Julio, Percy, and J. Nelson and just picked up Steve Smith(Panthers) in a trade. Now I have now idea who to start or who to try and trade. Next week I'm going to try and deal Smith or Nelson I guess. I know Julio has sh!t the bed a couple times but I still have faith and I just really like Percy, just hope he can find the end-zone soon.

So what about you guys? Ever been too stacked at on position you couldn't decide what to do?

Couple years ago I went WR WR WR in a draft and ended up heavy in WR real week in RB and ok at QB had to move some for help at RB. Good luck and I'd probably move smith and try and snag a RB and maybe a decent bye week filler as well.

How many do you have to start? Assuming you are starting only 2 (maybe 3 or have a flex)?

I think you can get the most for Julio and he has been on a roller coaster ride so far this year. List the rest of your roster and starting requirements...easeier to determine what your options are and where you may need the most help.

I start 2 WR's and have a flex. I have Charles and TRich as the 2 starting backs and this week i'm putting Forte back in at flex. I got Charles for Flacco straight up when a Stafford owner was freakin out, granted that was before Charles decided to return to stud form.

Either way I have to decide which player that will put up points to sit on the bench. Hopefully I wont kick myself afterwards.

How bout too many good RB. Going to be a tough decision between Charles, R. Bush, and Mathews on who to start. There is no flex otherwise the decision would be easy.

How bout too many good RB. Going to be a tough decision between Charles, R. Bush, and Mathews on who to start. There is no flex otherwise the decision would be easy.

I think I would roll with Bush and Charles until Norv gets his frustrations out. But that's just me.

I always have too many good players at every position.

:pointstosky:

this and we also always start the ones that score the most points.

this and we also always start the ones that score the most points.

Do you go by averages or by total points? I usually just go with whoever I feel best about starting. It hasn't burned me "this" year but it has happened.

Although by averages and total points I should go with Julio and Percy in my standard scoring league.

I'm interested in how others would deal with this situation...

as a rule i always start whoever will score more points each week.

I completely agree with that. I guess my question here is how you determine that each week? Is it match up based or do you use this or some other sites rankings?

I have that "good problem to have" this year. Start 3 WRs, my stable consists of Cruz, Marshall, Bowe and Wayne (in addition to Bennett & Lafell but they aren't getting any playing time). I actually look forward to bye weeks so I don't have to worry about sitting the wrong guy.

I have that "good problem to have" this year. Start 3 WRs, my stable consists of Cruz, Marshall, Bowe and Wayne (in addition to Bennett & Lafell but they aren't getting any playing time). I actually look forward to bye weeks so I don't have to worry about sitting the wrong guy.

Yea I know, but until then I have play the guessing game. Every week these guys go up and down in everyone's rankings, not that I rely on that all that much. More of a way to pass what little down time I have at work. My only WR that has been "consistence" is Percy, even though he hasn't found the end-zone yet. Everyone else has been up and down. If it wasn't for this last week Nelson would be the easy choice to sit, but he had to go off against the saints. Think you can still expect that from him every week? Especially with Jennings more than likely out?

yah I can start 3 wrs every week out of

Calvin

Percy

Wayne

Antonio Brown

S Smith Car

its tough

Well it makes me feel better to know someone has a tougher decision than me. lol

I focused on RB in the draft and been able to add depth there and get better at WR and RB through trades. I have some injury concerns but great potential and trade bait.

RB

Rice

Forte

D. Martin

CJ2K

Mendenhall

WR

Cruz

Bowe

VJax

Maclin

Nicks

I can afford to wait on CJ and Mendy to prove themselves and for Nicks to get healthy. I only have Vick at QB so I have some options for trades as bye weeks are approaching.

How do you guys set your line up? Any of those guys (if they're healthy) are going to put solid points week in week out? How do you choose?

why would you trade for steve smith if you already have 3 studs at wr. This is the part I don't understand. Unless you really raped someone, it doesn't make sense. Some people just trade for the sake of trading without keeping an eye on the end game, which is to win! Not to have an ever changing roster, not to overthink minute things, none of that. It's to win a championship via winning on a weekly basis. I've got people like this in all my leagues, they offer trades that don't make any sense for their roster, and worse yet make no sense to me for my roster. Why would I want Flacco when I have Ryan as my qb. Think before you offer that trade guy! But I digress. #richpeoplesproblems

Lol. I may try the inverse of mathew berry thing. His pod casts are entertaining to listen to though. I have about a 30 minute ride to work and it keeps me from listening to the terrible music that come on the radio.

And I got Steve Smith because a guy randomly sent me a trade offer of him for my Amendola straight up. Didnt ask why, just accepted it. Wouldn't you?

I would, but then I would not ask that manager to be in the league next season. Those are the kind of moves that can ruin a league...how was this transaction not vetoed?

Whenever you think (and dare to utter aloud) that you have too many good players, just wait a week. It will change.

He who crows loudest, will eat crow later.