Sign in to follow this  
ryno486

Donald Brown trade. Commish needs help!

I traded Steve Johnson for Donald Brown on Monday. I am the commish of this league. Can this trade be reversed due to the fact that Donald Brown was injured before the trade offer was made and now it is a completely lopsided trade. I am in a pickle, since I am the loser and the commish in this deal. Remember the news did not come out until yesterday. Please offer suggestions.

Doesn't matter when news was made available. It was offered, you accepted. End of story. Yes it sucks, but you have got to let it stand to establish/maintain your integrity.

Signed,

Commish

since 1995

No. You can't. What if Steve Johnson gets hurt sunday? Then do you re-reverse the trade. Injuries go into the trade equation. Yes, timing is awful but that would be total BS if you reversed this.

Doesn't matter when news was made available. It was offered, you accepted. End of story. Yes it sucks, but you have got to let it stand to establish/maintain your integrity.

+1

Okay, just really sucks a big one. I knew this was probably going to have to stand. Gotta love Fantasy Football.

If I were in your league and the commissioner reversed this trade, I would demand my money back immediately.

I would say sorry for you but a trade is a trade.

Yep

I traded Steve Johnson for Donald Brown on Monday. I am the commish of this league. Can this trade be reversed due to the fact that Donald Brown was injured before the trade offer was made and now it is a completely lopsided trade. I am in a pickle, since I am the loser and the commish in this deal. Remember the news did not come out until yesterday. Please offer suggestions.

tough luck. go get Ballard

you made the trade. you are stuck with it.

The ONLY reason any trade should ever be vetoed is if collusion is involved - the fact that it is lopsided doesn't matter, and the fact that it is lopsided b/c a guy was injured matters even less.

As the commish of the league, this is actually a good thing for you - by allowing the trade, you set the precedent for all those in your league and can stand by it especially since you were the "loser" in a deal.

The old, "he traded me an injured player and I didn't know it" just doesn't cut it - it is your responsibility to look into players health/status before you pick or trade-for them - and if there was no negative news/etc, still doesn't matter.

Yeah

This happened in my league a few years ago. I traded Germane Crowell for someone (Was a long time ago, cant remember) and 5 minutes later they announced that Crowell had broken his leg and was out for the year. I did offer to reverse it because it was a friends league BUT commish said no a trade is a trade. On the [positive atleast Brown will be back in 3 weeks.

You should get punched in the face for even considering this question.

This.

And it was a dumb trade to begin with. You have been charged with stupidity on numerous counts :wave:

nope..you cant reverse a trade under those conditions. trade has to stand.

I can't believe you seriously asked this question, are you a fricken moron? How in any way can you even justify asking this question?

You should get punched in the face for even considering this question.

That is getting off too light. Seriously, one of the single dumbest questions ever offered on this bored.