Sign in to follow this  
track 1

Antonio Brown sucks

Andre Johnson sucks too I guess

He does. Everyone is trying to unload him but it probably won't happen. He's a crappy WR3 now, who you just have to hope turns it around later this year.

I would much rather have Brown over Andre Johnson right now, and am in fact starting Brown and benching Andre Johnson in the league I have him. Well started Brown, and yes it might backfire this week, but whatever.

How do any of your leagues have brown ahead or close to Wallace even in ppr?

21/345/4

29/346/1

By tds it's a 18 pt difference just on tds.

Minus 8 for ppr, that leaves 10 unaccounted for.

How do any of your leagues have brown ahead or close to Wallace even in ppr?

21/345/4

29/346/1

By tds it's a 18 pt difference just on tds.

Minus 8 for ppr, that leaves 10 unaccounted for.

I hear some leagues give bonus' for not scoring TD these days. Kind of like giving all the kids in baseball a trophy, even if they are terrible.

just got leshoure for him. Dude wanted dez, I said no way. Have dez and reggie wayne at wr and needed rb help badly, so very happy. Was trying to get BJGE but i think it's a wash between him and leshoure anyway...

just got leshoure for him. Dude wanted dez, I said no way. Have dez and reggie wayne at wr and needed rb help badly, so very happy. Was trying to get BJGE but i think it's a wash between him and leshoure anyway...

I'd rather have LeShoure over BGE right now. Atleast LeShoure is involved in the passing game in Detroit. Plus, ever since the opener against Baltimore, BGE hasn't found much running room this season. I think you got the better end of the deal.

Because of this thread..

I'm starting Antonio with confidence this week.

:pointstosky:

debating whether to start brown or mendenhall at flex. not convinced mendy is 100% yet. least i know brown will get plenty of looks. prob gonna have to go with him. he's DUE for a TD. lol.

There's no point in debating with people who do not understand the incredible randomness of TDs. They are almost impossible to predict for good reason. Brown will get his, just from the fact that he gets targets.

There's no point in debating with people who do not understand the incredible randomness of TDs. They are almost impossible to predict for good reason. Brown will get his, just from the fact that he gets targets.

TDs are fairly random, especially for WRs, but some dudes just aren't a factor in the redzone, and overall targets will have no impact on that. He's likely to get a few 60 yard bomb tds, but he's not a factor in teh redzone, this is a fact. Hasn't been since he came into the league. Nothing wrong with that, WRs play all different roles. Some go deep, some get possession catches, and some are really good in redzone offense and have a rapport with their qb which gets them the TDs. I don't think brown is that guy. They look for miller, they look for wallace, they go to their backs, not brown. So yeah, there's randomness, but your over the top comment about no point debating blahblahblah is fairly out of order...

TDs are fairly random, especially for WRs, but some dudes just aren't a factor in the redzone, and overall targets will have no impact on that. He's likely to get a few 60 yard bomb tds, but he's not a factor in teh redzone, this is a fact. Hasn't been since he came into the league. Nothing wrong with that, WRs play all different roles. Some go deep, some get possession catches, and some are really good in redzone offense and have a rapport with their qb which gets them the TDs. I don't think brown is that guy. They look for miller, they look for wallace, they go to their backs, not brown. So yeah, there's randomness, but your over the top comment about no point debating blahblahblah is fairly out of order...

I drafted Brown in my PPR, and I agree that some guys just aren't much of a factor in the red zone. That's why the term 'possession receiver' was created. Names like Wayne Chrebet, Keyshawn Johnson, Ernest Givins, Jimmy Smith come to mind - tons of receptions, but double digit TDs just weren't going to happen with those guys. Brown might be that kind of guy - his numbers so far (pretty early in his career) are certainly consistent with that label. That said, he's the #25 WR in PPR so you could do worse at your WR2.

I drafted Brown in my PPR, and I agree that some guys just aren't much of a factor in the red zone.

I think the frustration that a lot of people have with Brown - and you've seen this if you've watched the Steelers at all this year - is that he DOES get opportunities in the redzone and he seems to choke on them.