Sign in to follow this  
Joey Gladstone

So For You All With Less then Ideal Tight Ends...

What are you doing this week? I pulled off a trade for Hernandez last week and have one more week of bottom-feeding (hopefully)

Deciding between Bennett and Olsen. My heart tells me to go with The Unicorn but my brain tells me the Redskins suck against TE's (given up a TD in all but 2 games).

What say you? What are your situations? Let's discuss...

Started season with Tamme, then picked up Pitta after his hot start. Both are back on the waiver wire as I grabbed Keller a week or so ago. With Keller on the bye this week, I picked up Dwayne Allen (Ind) and feel he may be good for a few weeks with Fleener declared out a couple of weeks.

I've got Gronk on a bye & I'm thinking of rolling with Brandon Myers. He gets a lot of looks from Palmer on the underneath stuff when Moore & DHB are taking the top off the defense. Just wish he'd find the endzone but hopefully it's this week.

Otherwise it's Jared Cook. Not a fan.

Paulsen is the fallback.

Allen seems like a good play for 1-2 weeks.

Adding (before this past week I guess, but he's on bye so he could be dropped) or trading for Keller wherever possible.

What are you doing this week? I pulled off a trade for Hernandez last week and have one more week of bottom-feeding (hopefully)

Deciding between Bennett and Olsen. My heart tells me to go with The Unicorn but my brain tells me the Redskins suck against TE's (given up a TD in all but 2 games).

What say you? What are your situations? Let's discuss...

I think Olsen is primed for a good week, and the Steelers D has been playing pretty damned well the last few weeks. Of those two I like Olsen much more. I'm also higher on Allen (IND) than Bennett this week. :cheers:

Starting Paulsen this week with Hernandez on the bye. Also grabbed Fasano but he'll ride the pine for a bit.

I think Olsen is primed for a good week, and the Steelers D has been playing pretty damned well the last few weeks. Of those two I like Olsen much more. I'm also higher on Allen (IND) than Bennett this week. :cheers:

Yeah, I've been psyching myself up on Olsen. I'll play him.

Ah yes, tight end. The bane of my existence this season. I waited on a TE during my draft thinking Olsen would be a sleeper/steal/stud. Swing and a miss.

My backups have been Tamme, then Myers, then Gresham, then Myers again, then Dallas Clark (yup, got that desperate) and now I am back to Gresham. :wacko: This week I think I am going to roll with Olsen and the matchup. :dunno:

I'm considering dropping Bennett for Allen with Vernon Davis on bye.

i've held on to pettigrew, and picked up Celek off the WW after a frustrated owner dropped his ass last week.

TE's are slim pickins this year, along with RB.

Ah yes, tight end. The bane of my existence this season. I waited on a TE during my draft thinking Olsen would be a sleeper/steal/stud. Swing and a miss.

My backups have been Tamme, then Myers, then Gresham, then Myers again, then Dallas Clark (yup, got that desperate) and now I am back to Gresham. :wacko: This week I think I am going to roll with Olsen and the matchup. :dunno:

I like Gresham, not sure he deserves the big lumbering rep he gets. The big fault to me is the Bengals don't go to him more. With their poor run game they should.

...Troy out...Clark may play , may not with concussion

Go with Bennett

I picked up Allen and am thinking I'll plug him in for the next couple weeks, unless this week he puts up a goose egg or something.

Starting him in place of Rudolph who I haven't dropped yet because I think (hope) the Vikings will realize he needs to be involved in the offense again at some point this season, but I don't want to keep starting him until that happens.

No idea what I do when Fleener gets back. Kendricks maybe? :dunno:

Starting Paulsen this week with Hernandez on the bye. Also grabbed Fasano but he'll ride the pine for a bit.

This is me but Vernon Dumpvis is my Fasano :cheers:

Playing Allen

This may be the shark move. I also picked him up in two leagues and am starting him in one over Kyle Rudolph with V Davis on bye. I'd say in PPR he's good for at least 5 recepts and a possible TD. Miami gives up the points to fantasy TEs and with Fleener out of the picture, me likey.

I also like Olsen to break loose this week with a great match-up for TEs, and my 'sleeper' is Jared Cook. After his agent asked for a trade, TENN will go out of their way to feed him more.....I hope.

Jeesh. Everyone is all over Allen's jock with Fleener out. I don't have Luck rostered in any league (reached for RGIII instead). Has Luck been targeting his TE's a lot lately because I haven't heard Fleener tearing it up much?

Also, how does everyone feel about the matchup vs. Miami's stout defense?

Jeesh. Everyone is all over Allen's jock with Fleener out. I don't have Luck rostered in any league (reached for RGIII instead). Has Luck been targeting his TE's a lot lately because I haven't heard Fleener tearing it up much?

Also, how does everyone feel about the matchup vs. Miami's stout defense?

MIA CAN be attacked from the TE spot. Their LBs have given up the 11th most fantasy pts in the NFL to TEs. Last week, Allen had 4 catches for 56 yds along with Fleener's 2 for 24. In 7 games of sharing time with Fleener, here are the stats:

Allen: 17 catches, 174 yds, 2 TDs

Fleener: 21 catches, 222 yds, 0 TDs

Total: 36 catches, 396 yds,, 2 TDs

Average for both: 5.1 catches, 58 yds. With Fleener out, Allen becomes a decent play, especially in PPR.

funny how everybody had thought the TE position was deep this year. Its quit the opposite. Outside of about 4 TE, none are worth anything.

Rolling with Olsen one more week due to his tasty matchup. I'm sure he'll underwhelm as usual. :mad:

Could also pick up Gresham or Allen off waivers but who knows if these guys will do any better? I'd probably be better off using the Magic 8 Ball than trying to use logic to figure out which of these ballbags will produce in a given week.

This doesn't pertain to this week, but Keller may be a guy to target going forward. I just picked him up. If he's out there in your league and you have the roster space I'd recommend getting him now. His last two games have been pretty encouraging. At least there's some hope of him not totally sucking the rest of the season. The Jets are going to have to throw it to somebody. If nothing else, my pickup of Keller will afford me the extreme satisfaction of finally cutting that turd Olsen after this week. :lol:

Gronk owner and Pitta stasher hoping for respectable numbers against Cleveland.

Lots of Allen love here. Not sure it's worth a switch from Cook since the Titans are vowing to get Cookie more sugar.

MIA CAN be attacked from the TE spot. Their LBs have given up the 11th most fantasy pts in the NFL to TEs. Last week, Allen had 4 catches for 56 yds along with Fleener's 2 for 24. In 7 games of sharing time with Fleener, here are the stats:

Average for both: 5.1 catches, 58 yds. With Fleener out, Allen becomes a decent play, especially in PPR.

I need as many points as possible....I have Owen Daniels and Dwayne Allen....I am thinking of starting Allen....my reasoning is that with Houston playing Buffalo , Houston may run Foster and run Foster some more....Schaub may not throw very much,he does not throw a lot anyway ,just ask Andre Johnson owners, Johnson has 34 catches-444 yards and only 2 TD's ( he does like Daniels) Daniels has gone for 416 yards and 4 TD's, He has averaged 60 yards a game and only Gronkowski, Witten , and Gonzalez has scored more. Allen has ran for 174 yards and 2 TD's 17 catches while sharing time with Fleener (Fleener 21 catches 222 yards BUT no TD's) Fleener is out for a couple of weeks. Colts vs Miami , Miami has a strong run def and Colts Brown will be very limited. I can see Luck throwing a lot and in my PPR league I can see Allen getting 5-6 catches and 1 TD.....I am not sure Daniels will do as well......Please tell me I am over thinking this...but I am leaning toward Allen with a higher ceiling...??????? Allen and Luck has (depending on how long Flenner is out)Jacksonville, New England, Buffalo Detroit and Tennessee in the next 5 weeks. NOT dropping Owens just thinking of playing Allen depending on match ups....Your thoughts ?....I will answer your questions if you have any.

I need as many points as possible....I have Owen Daniels and Dwayne Allen....I am thinking of starting Allen....my reasoning is that with Houston playing Buffalo , Houston may run Foster and run Foster some more....Schaub may not throw very much,he does not throw a lot anyway ,just ask Andre Johnson owners, Johnson has 34 catches-444 yards and only 2 TD's ( he does like Daniels) Daniels has gone for 416 yards and 4 TD's, He has averaged 60 yards a game and only Gronkowski, Witten , and Gonzalez has scored more. Allen has ran for 174 yards and 2 TD's 17 catches while sharing time with Fleener (Fleener 21 catches 222 yards BUT no TD's) Fleener is out for a couple of weeks. Colts vs Miami , Miami has a strong run def and Colts Brown will be very limited. I can see Luck throwing a lot and in my PPR league I can see Allen getting 5-6 catches and 1 TD.....I am not sure Daniels will do as well......Please tell me I am over thinking this...but I am leaning toward Allen with a higher ceiling...??????? Allen and Luck has (depending on how long Flenner is out)Jacksonville, New England, Buffalo Detroit and Tennessee in the next 5 weeks. NOT dropping Owens just thinking of playing Allen depending on match ups....Your thoughts ?....I will answer your questions if you have any.

Sorry my numbers were off I forgot about the BEST TE of the year.....Steelers ....H.Miller....he is GOLDEN !

Thanks MFM, as always you're a wealth of knowledge.

I decided to go with Allen over Myers to replace Gronkowski on his bye. With the run game getting shut down & the secondary keying on Wayne, Allen should command a decent amount of targets.

In regards to the last poster, I believe you might be overthinking your decision of Allen over Daniels. I don't have any research or info to back it up but Daniels has been very consistent this year. Can't fault you if you roll with Allen, but I value the consistency Daniels brings on a week to week basis.

Thanks MFM, as always you're a wealth of knowledge.

I decided to go with Allen over Myers to replace Gronkowski on his bye. With the run game getting shut down & the secondary keying on Wayne, Allen should command a decent amount of targets.

In regards to the last poster, I believe you might be overthinking your decision of Allen over Daniels. I don't have any research or info to back it up but Daniels has been very consistent this year. Can't fault you if you roll with Allen, but I value the consistency Daniels brings on a week to week basis.

Thanks to all of you, especially MFM and Green TD.......as always , we research and make our decisions....I get into trouble when I don't go with my gut feelings...that is what makes FF fun....playing against myself...win or loose....picking a sleeper is more rewarding then anything else...Good Luck Guys !

Agreed. I try to gather as much info as I can from fellow members to help gain some insight when setting my lineups but it still comes down to your own decisions. Like you said, you need a great day out of your TE & if you feel like the stars are aligning for Allen, pull the trigger.

After all, you're the one that has to live with the decision. Good luck either way!

With this year's TEs, maybe nothing is better than something in a crunch. Maybe.

As a Gronk owner (between 8 to 10 percent of us are in the same bind) with other bye issues and no roster room, I looked at what was available on the WW as opposed to what I'd have to give up. I opted to walk away and go without a TE this week. My opponent's TE is averaging less than 5 PPG and has, IMO, a horrible matchup. Whatever lottery ticket TE I skimmed from the WW would be, at best, around 5 PPG. With the TE situation the way it is, five points simply wasn't worth the trade off.

When six of the top 10 WW tight ends haven't hit double digits this season and three have done it just once (Gronk's been there five times so far), riding the WW carousel becomes a tall odds crap shoot that makes targeting a TE early a strategy that kinda makes sense.

I might have over-influenced this conversation. I'd agree with Allen over guys like Cook or Myers, but personally, playing Allen over the likes of Owen Daniels is too gutsy for me.

Rolling with Olsen one more week due to his tasty matchup. I'm sure he'll underwhelm as usual. :mad:

Could also pick up Gresham or Allen off waivers but who knows if these guys will do any better? I'd probably be better off using the Magic 8 Ball than trying to use logic to figure out which of these ballbags will produce in a given week.

This doesn't pertain to this week, but Keller may be a guy to target going forward. I just picked him up. If he's out there in your league and you have the roster space I'd recommend getting him now. His last two games have been pretty encouraging. At least there's some hope of him not totally sucking the rest of the season. The Jets are going to have to throw it to somebody. If nothing else, my pickup of Keller will afford me the extreme satisfaction of finally cutting that turd Olsen after this week. :lol:

I've grabbed Keller in every league he's available in as my backup to whoever I have starting, figuring he may actually become my starter and think this is an outstanding suggestion.

As for the topic at hand, I'm actually considering dropping Bennett for Allen this week, since this is more than likely the only week I'd use Bennett anyway and I'm higher on Allen. Also considering dropping some other bench flotsam to pick up Allen, then try and trade Bennett for Keller in the one league where Keller is already on a roster.