PATSSOX

NFL rankings after 12 weeks

What is your top 10? :dunno:

RANK	TEAM 		RECORD
=================================
#1-	TEXANS		7-1
-AHEAD OF FALCONS BECAUSE OF DEFENSE AND ARIAN FOSTER

#2-	FALCONS		8-0
-GREAT START BUT CAN THEY WIN IN PLAYOFFS?
-ONLY WIN VS TEAM ABOVE .500 WEEK 2 VS DENVER 27-21

#3-	PACKERS		6-3
-STARTING TO ROLL
-BYE WEEK SHOULD HELP JORDY NELSON AND JENNINGS GET HEALTHIER
-SHOULD BE 7-2 WITH WINS VS CHICAGO, NEW ORLEANS, @ SEATTLE, @ HOUSTON, AND ARIZONA

#4-	BEARS		7-1
-GREAT DEFENSE BUT NOT SO GOOD OFFENSE

#5-	49ers		6-2
-SEE BEARS

#6-	PATRIOTS	5-3
-TALIB SHOULD HELP AWFUL SECONDARY
-3 LOSES BY COMBINED 4 PTS 

#7-	BRONCOS		5-3
-PLAYING VERY GOOD ON BOTH SIDES OF BALL
-ONLY WIN VS TEAM ABOVE .500 WEEK 1 VS STEELERS 31-19

#8-	GIANTS		6-2
-FALLING FAST AND LOOK BAD

#9-	STEELERS	5-3
-DEFENSE STARTING TO GET BACK ON TRACK AND WON 4 OF 5

#10-	RAVENS		6-2
-INJURIES MAKE DEFENSE NOT AS SCARY 

RANK	TEAM 		RECORD
#1-	TEXANS		7-1

#2-	FALCONS		8-0

#3-	PACKERS		6-3
-STARTING TO ROLL
-SHOULD BE 7-2 WITH WINS VS CHICAGO, NEW ORLEANS, @ SEATTLE, @ HOUSTON, AND ARIZONA

#4-	BEARS		7-1

#5-	49ers		6-2
-SEE BEARS

#6-	PATRIOTS	5-3

#7-	BRONCOS		5-3

#8-	GIANTS		6-2

#9-	STEELERS	5-3

#10-	RAVENS		6-2

I think that's a fair list.

RANK	TEAM 		RECORD
#1-	TEXANS		7-1

#2-	FALCONS		8-0

#3-	PACKERS		6-3
-STARTING TO ROLL

#4-	BEARS		7-1

#5-	49ers		6-2
-SEE BEARS

#6-	PATRIOTS	5-3

#7-	BRONCOS		5-3

#8-	GIANTS		6-2

#9-	STEELERS	5-3

#10-	RAVENS		6-2

Okay, bear with me here. Obviously, I'm a Giants fan and a bit of a homer. Having said that, how are the 49ers at 5, while the Giants are at 8? The Giants went into San Fran and stomped the niners, hard. After beating them on the road to the Super Bowl last year, this was San Fran's revenge game and they got their asses handed to them.

You say the Giants are falling fast and look bad? True, their offense hasn't been "on" for the last two games. However, of the last 5 games played, they won 4 in a row and then lost one to a good Steelers team. Despite their offensive struggles recently, they're 2 1/2 games up in the NFC East (with tie breaker) and they continue to win.

Other than that, I have no problem with your list.

I tend to agree with the list in general. The top three are right. You can make a case with either Texans or Falcons at 1 and Pack a close third and gaining quickly. Ravens are at the bottom and very close to dropping out of the top 10. A lot of questions on defense and injuries. Offense seems to be trying to go away from the smash mouth football with play action sprinkled in for good measure. Their Offenseive Coord needs to get back to that to re-establish their identity.

Spots 4 through 9 are pretty interchangeable. I think you can make a case for just about any list within this group. I woulld not argue too much with this setup. Maybe Giants up a spot or two but just because they handed SF their butts a few weeks ago doesm't mean they are playing better now. The weekly list changes based on how a team plays as the season goes along. Overall, good list.

Okay, bear with me here. Obviously, I'm a Giants fan and a bit of a homer. Having said that, how are the 49ers at 5, while the Giants are at 8? The Giants went into San Fran and stomped the niners, hard. After beating them on the road to the Super Bowl last year, this was San Fran's revenge game and they got their asses handed to them.

You say the Giants are falling fast and look bad? True, their offense hasn't been "on" for the last two games. However, of the last 5 games played, they won 4 in a row and then lost one to a good Steelers team. Despite their offensive struggles recently, they're 2 1/2 games up in the NFC East (with tie breaker) and they continue to win.

Other than that, I have no problem with your list.

Today validated their spot :thumbsup:

Top 10 after 12 weeks

Rank-Team	Record
=========================
#1-Texans	10-1
-Are finding ways to win.  Defense is little concerning right now

#2-49ers	8-2-1
-impressive win in New Orleans

#3-Patriots	8-3
-If defense continues to improve could make another run.  
Pounded Colts and Jets 
last 2 weeks but those 2 are not 

#4-Falcons	10-1
-Ryan is struggling a little but still winning

#5-Broncos	8-3
-Offense and Defense playing very good

#6-Ravens	9-2
-Injuries have hurt them on Defense and 
Flacco is not playing very good but are winning

#7-Giants	7-4
-Jykle and Hyde but looked very good last night.  
Thats after looking VERY VERY VERY BAD 3 
previous weeks

#8-Packers	7-4
-Where did the offense go?  
No running game at all 
and need Clay Mathews back

#9-Bears	8-3
-Won in week 12 but lost.  
Forte and Peanut hurt

#10-Bengals	6-5
-Dalton and BJGE are playing good ball.  

Top 10 after 12 weeks

Rank-Team	Record
=========================
#1-Texans	10-1
-Are finding ways to win.  Defense is little concerning right now

#2-49ers	8-2-1
-impressive win in New Orleans

#3-Patriots	8-3
-If defense continues to improve could make another run.  
Pounded Colts and Jets 
last 2 weeks but those 2 are not 

#4-Falcons	10-1
-Ryan is struggling a little but still winning

#5-Broncos	8-3
-Offense and Defense playing very good

#6-Ravens	9-2
-Injuries have hurt them on Defense and 
Flacco is not playing very good but are winning

#7-Giants	7-4
-Jykle and Hyde but looked very good last night.  
Thats after looking VERY VERY VERY BAD 3 
previous weeks

#8-Packers	7-4
-Where did the offense go?  
No running game at all 
and need Clay Mathews back

#9-Bears	8-3
-Won in week 12 but lost.  
Forte and Peanut hurt

#10-Bengals	6-5
-Dalton and BJGE are playing good ball.  

not that it's a bad list, it's a good one. but when looking at your original post, I don't see any reason for the Falcons to lose 2 spots while not losing a game.

Patriots look muuch muuch better so maybe id put them at 2 but probably have San Fran still behind Atlanta at least compared to your original post.

San Fran has beat the Jets, Bills, Lions when they started out slow, Cardinals after their hot start cooled off considerably, St. Louis and Chicago without Cutler. their best wins were this week in New Orleans, week 1 at Green Bay, and at home against Seattle. So while this is still a very very good team, I just wanted to highlight their wins because I know a knock on Atlanta is their S.O.S

The 49ers had a QB making his 1st NFL start when they played the Bears so we can call that even. I also don't think Cutler would have mattered much that game. They stood no chance the way the 49ers played that day.

Atl deserves the top spot until proven otherwise. They have had some close "unimpressive" wins, but have not had a letdown stinker game yet this year. Every other team has had at least one if not multiple.

Giants stink for 3 weeks and then kill the packers and everyone talks SB now. The packers destroyed Houston awhile back and get destroyed by NY last night.

Every team, beyond Ws and Ls have shown an achiles heal, except Atl. Also, dont under estimate the ups and downs of the regular season for most teams. recently, SF and NY played awesome home games where everything clicked while Chi and GB played uninspired lackluster games. They were steam rolled. The same could just as easily be reversed and has at different parts of this season.

1. Niners- That defense is relentless and Kapaernick adds a whole new element to the offense.

2. Pats- I want to put the Texans here but Brady is the MVP right now and the front 7 is good enough this year to win it.

3. Giants- Looked downright awful for three weeks but as long as Manning is solid they're fine. It opens up a lead and allows them to Defense takes on a whole new look when the offense gives them a lead. That was a weird 3 games but this is the class of the NFL when clicking.

4. Texans- Obviously have the better record but they've shown a lot of vulnerabilities in that secondary. Big plays will be they're undoing. It's really splitting hairs at the top but the Niners D and Tom Brady trump the balanced attack of Houston.

5. Falcons- I don't even like having them here but 10-1 has them ahead of the Packers and Bears. Clearly a great team but they're not as good as their record. Should have lost to Carolina, Zona and Oakland at home. Ryan is good but not elite. Can't run the ball. They'll be exposed against top teams. Giants Falcons game should be very interesting.

6. Bears- This team is tough to figure out but with Cutler are a legit SB contender. OL issues clearly but elite d+Cutler+marshall means they can't beat anyone. I personally think this team is overall better than the Falcons but the records are the tiebreaker here.

7. Broncos- Manning back playing elite again. DT and Decker are matchup issues. Miller is a beast And Bailey is still a great corner. Moreno is good enough to run with Manning calling the shots. No glaring weakness in this team but they just haven't looked like a top 5 team yet.

8. Packers- Anything is possible with Aaron Rodgera at QB, but they can't run and there's way too many questions on D. Still a great team but not the class of the NFL.

9. Ravens- I hate putting them here but they keep winning. Flacco is atrocious, the defense is vulnerable. Yet they keep winning games. As much as s like to cant leave them off top 10.

10. Steelers- This last spot is a coin flip between a few teams. The Lions, Bengals, Steelers all have claim but IMO the potential is too great if Big Ben returns in time to make the playoffs. With Big Ben this team is clearly better than anyone that could be placed at the 10 spot.