Sign in to follow this  
Gandalfthecat

Be stronger than me - Start Taiwan Jones

Im thinking about it as my only other options are

Dwyer, SJAX, and Deangelo

Sick

Oh.....and id have to drop one of those guys just to get him......fock :wall:

I'm wondering. There's been a lot of hype bout this kid. If he's soooo good how come he's third string and never gets any touches? Saw the video he look solid. He a head case? Can't pick up the blitz? Gotta be a reason. Goodson isnt all that great and he beat him out.

last week killed me. my bench this week is: McFadden, Goodson, Antonio Brown, Donald Brown, Beanie Wells, mendanhall, percy havin and Rodgers on a bye

i am starting Spiller, SJax and Ryan Mathews. SJax against 49ers does not look good. drop goodspn for Jones and play him

I'm wondering. There's been a lot of hype bout this kid. If he's soooo good how come he's third string and never gets any touches? Saw the video he look solid. He a head case? Can't pick up the blitz? Gotta be a reason. Goodson isnt all that great and he beat him out.

It's because they had Darren fricken' McFadden. Obviously, they're going to stick with him. He's roundly been toted as their best player.

I'm not saying Taiwan Jones takes over the NFL (and fantasy) world, but I think he's gonna have a good game. He remind me of Charles/CJ. Same build. Same speed. Ironically, I'd have to sit Denarius to start him, and I still think I might.

It's because they had Darren fricken' McFadden. Obviously, they're going to stick with him. He's roundly been toted as their best player.

I'm not saying Taiwan Jones takes over the NFL (and fantasy) world, but I think he's gonna have a good game. He remind me of Charles/CJ. Same build. Same speed. Ironically, I'd have to sit Denarius to start him, and I still think I might.

i read he had like 4 carries in week 6. did nothing and fumbled one of them away.

i read he had like 4 carries in week 6. did nothing and fumbled one of them away.

Sample size too small to be relevant

Dwyer didnt even dress for games and turned in 2 great games as starter.

You just never know

Sample size too small to be relevant

Dwyer didnt even dress for games and turned in 2 great games as starter.

You just never know

agreed. i had dwyer for two weeks when i thought he looked the best and would start. then he sucked. dropped him and then he had 2 good starts.

i'm on the fence about dropping reece for jones now.

Darrin " I average 45 yards a game" McFadden. There I fixed it for you.

Also I didn't ask why he wasn't ahead of McFadden on the depth chart. I asked if he's so good why does he never get touches and why is he not ahead of goodson if he's so good...

Darrin " I average 45 yards a game" McFadden. There I fixed it for you.

Also I didn't ask why he wasn't ahead of McFadden on the depth chart. I asked if he's so good why does he never get touches and why is he not ahead of goodson if he's so good...

I think Goodson was a proven talent. I think Taiwan (what a name by the way) is a raw one. Raw talents like him need opportunities to break out, and I really think he'll get one.

Or I could massively wrong. We'll find out one way or another.

Man, I hope he does well. I have him stashed. The raiders have a cupcake schedule for fantasy playoffs, so if he could break out and take McFadden's place,that would save me!

They said they really dont know much about him because he has been nicked up and burried on the deph chart. All I know is Palmer said he is so excited about Jones.. dump of passes ect and he is lightning fast. Everyone just stop with the "Hes to small " he is bigger than CJ and Charles and probably faster than both right now. Against that Ravens D he is a homerun just waiting to happen. They threw Reece in thier last week because they probably didnt have a plan if both of thier RB's went down, and they had to throw every play because they were so far down. It will be different this game. I cant wait !!!

I'm starting him as my RB2 in my 14 teamer....I currently own 4 Raiders RB's....Just lovely....

With A Morris on Bye and McFadden hurt....My backfield is down to James Freakin Stewart and Taiwan Jones....Gotta love it...

And because of L Fitz's bye week and Harvin being injured, I've gotta play D Bowe....I already pretty much know he'll wind up with 3 catches for 27 yards or something pretty close to that...

Not looking good for me this week....

So I'm playing the Lotto with Jones :)

He looked really, really good in the preseason... I could see him having a decent day because you almost know the Ravens are going to force Palmer to beat them.

Taiwan Jones did beat out Goodson for the RB2 spot behind Darren McFadden, but Jones got hurt which allowed Goodson to move ahead of him. And I'm starting Jones this week, with McFadden and Goodson out for me, and Trent Richardson on bye. Also picked up Ingram, but like I said going with Taiwan Jones. Not real excited about it though.

He looked really, really good in the preseason... I could see him having a decent day because you almost know the Ravens are going to force Palmer to beat them.

Wait, forcing Palmer to beat them would mean game planning to stop the run to make palner beat you. That would mean a rough day for Jones. I'd guess they stop palmer and make the kid do all the damage. If he does have some success, could be interesting going forward. Not only has McFadden underperformed, he can't stay healthy.

Wait, forcing Palmer to beat them would mean game planning to stop the run to make palner beat you. That would mean a rough day for Jones. I'd guess they stop palmer and make the kid do all the damage. If he does have some success, could be interesting going forward. Not only has McFadden underperformed, he can't stay healthy.

Sorry... I did word that wrong. They are going to force Jones & Reece to beat them.

That Baltimore defense has been very friendly to opposing RBs of late. There is definitely room for both Jones and Reece to have a productive day.

That Baltimore defense has been very friendly to opposing RBs of late. There is definitely room for both Jones and Reece to have a productive day.

Charles speed to the outside was a 140 yard problem for the Ravens, Jones is another notch faster, similar darting style....Also Ravens were in better D-Player shape facing Charles, Jones will face several backups....Expect Taiwan Jones to hit some big gains rushing & possibly receiving...but...Reece should get the red zone carries....

Recent reports have Jones n Reece splitting first team reps in practice. This is just gonna be a coin flip on who gets more touches but is bet its Reece since he's the better pass catcher.

Im forced into starting one of them in a PPR. I just have this weird feeling Taiwan is gonna get a dump off screen and blow it up for a 80yd TD.

Recent reports have Jones n Reece splitting first team reps in practice. This is just gonna be a coin flip on who gets more touches but is bet its Reece since he's the better pass catcher.

Taiwan Jones had 64 receptions 904 rec yds and 7 receiving TDs at E Wash. in 2 yrs as a starter...Don't rule him out as a inept receiver....

Taiwan Jones had 64 receptions 904 rec yds and 7 receiving TDs at E Wash. in 2 yrs as a starter...Don't rule him out as a inept receiver....

Didn't say that but Reece already has a defined role in that offense and that is it...pass catching out of the backfield.

Didn't say that but Reece already has a defined role in that offense and that is it...pass catching out of the backfield.

Marcel Reece has 26 rec on 33 targets this season. Darren McFadden has31 receptions on 48 targets this season. There are apparently plenty of RB targets in the Raider offense for Jones to get a few today, and not bite into Reece's production. What little ive seen of Jones is that he isnt a tough runner. He isnt going to get a lot of yards after contact. He needs to get in space to use his blazing speed. I cant imagine that the Raiders wont try a few screen passes or whatnot to try to give him that opportunity. I am starting Jones today because my next best option is Joique Bell. Im just praying that the Raiders will catch lightning in a bottle for one week and one of Jones touches will result in some long TD.

My only two decent RBs, McFadden and Sproles, have gone down the past two weeks, thus derailing my season. I have to go with Alex Green and either Taiwan or Ingram. I'm not expecting much out of Jones, but I have to think he'll do better than Ingram.

My only two decent RBs, McFadden and Sproles, have gone down the past two weeks, thus derailing my season. I have to go with Alex Green and either Taiwan or Ingram. I'm not expecting much out of Jones, but I have to think he'll do better than Ingram.

Green on bye

This is one of the tougher calls I've seen in fantasy this year.

Nothing would really surprise me here. Wouldn't surprise me to see Reese get 15 touches and Jones act as the change-of-pace guy. Wouldn't shock me to see Reese just stay in his usual roll and Jones get the majority of the carries. Wouldn't amaze me to see the Raiders just go pass-heavy and run the ball only minimally (which is a plus for Reese).

Reese is the safe play because you know he will dominate all passing downs- that is really the only given. Jones is a pure wild card.

Two offensive series complete...Taiwan hasn't seen the field. It's been Reese in on every play, got the carry on the first play of the game, and a handful of touches so far.

OAK done with the run.

If you're like me and started Jones, congrats...you're f*@#(ed.

Nfl coaches are so stubborn....your offense is sucking don't even give the kid a chance?

Stupid just stupid talk all week about how explosive he is and don't even try it

Nfl coaches are so stubborn....your offense is sucking don't even give the kid a chance?

Stupid just stupid talk all week about how explosive he is and don't even try it

That's why teams suck for so long. Afraid to take chances.

good call dudes. and yes, how dare they abandon the run, being down by 17 to baltimore at half! Definitely didn't see that coming, especially since they're so prone to hanging in every game against every team and haven't been getting blown our or anything...

Let's go to the FU thread and hate on the raiders coaching, it'll make us all feel better!!!

That's why teams suck for so long. Afraid to take chances.

5 carries 11 yards for reese

How big of a chance would it be to give TJ one carry?

Lol what a joke of a team