Sign in to follow this  
jgcrawfish

The freakish gifted

Similar problem, two different leagues, my teams are solid short of the TE position. Have Vernon Davis in the first league...how the hell does a guy that physically gifted not catch one freakin ball in more than one game when he's healthy? Have Gates in another, he's clearly slowed down and Rivers is pathetic, but it's the same story, criminally underused. I don't think I would drop Davis outright but I'm considering flat out jettisoning Gates. Anybody still holding on/starting these bums?

Are there better options on the waiver wire than these guys? You said you have solid teams otherwise so.I would stay the course if I was you.

Are there better options on the waiver wire than these guys? You said you have solid teams otherwise so.I would stay the course if I was you.

Rudolph is about the best option (both leagues oddly). But he, Lewis, Watson and Pitta are probably the highlights. I'm more curious what other people who own these bums have done with them. Davis in particular is an enigma because he is equally capable of dropping 20 pts on your as he is laying a goose egg.

I have Vernon Davis in one league and tried to trade him. Nobody wanted him. It was like he had aids or something. I agree with you, the guy can drive you crazy. Feast or famine. I figured I might as well keep him.

I'm considering dropping Gates for Dallas Clark. I'm done with the weekly 1.7 points Gates gets me. I'll just play matchups here on out.

If I had Davis though, I'd probably hang on to him.

I'm considering dropping Gates for Dallas Clark. I'm done with the weekly 1.7 points Gates gets me. I'll just play matchups here on out.

If I had Davis though, I'd probably hang on to him.

I think i'm in the same boat. I have Gates slated to hit the skids but likely keeping Davis in the other league and just picking up a 2nd TE. I'd almost rather just be done with him and know that I'm getting 6-8 pts from someone else weekly than get heartburn from Davis zero. But I know if I drop him someone will pick him up, and he'll likely go off for 30 pts the week they face me with him on their roster.

I have Davis, was searching for a new TE after second goose egg. Compared this total points of the season to the next best thing on the waiver wire, decided that I shouldn't over react.

Outside the top 3 TEs that's what you get out of the position. Davis is 7th, only 11 points behind the 4th TE, and that's with Davis getting 2 goose eggs in recent weeks. Gates is a bit worse obviously.

There were threads on here insisting everyone that took Gronk/Graham were idiots and bragging about how they got an equivalent TE later on. Unless you got TonyG you didn't, and even he doesn't really measure up to the Gronk. Claiming Aaron Hernandez was a better value is just absurd.

If you want consistency, you sink the high round pick on one of the elite TEs, especially Gronk. In all honesty I don't think Graham is really worth anything above 4, but I'd reach for him late 3rd if I could. Otherwise, you're going to have to live with chicken ###### from the TE position despite the hype otherwise.

Outside the top 3 TEs that's what you get out of the position. Davis is 7th, only 11 points behind the 4th TE, and that's with Davis getting 2 goose eggs in recent weeks. Gates is a bit worse obviously.

There were threads on here insisting everyone that took Gronk/Graham were idiots and bragging about how they got an equivalent TE later on. Unless you got TonyG you didn't, and even he doesn't really measure up to the Gronk. Claiming Aaron Hernandez was a better value is just absurd.

If you want consistency, you sink the high round pick on one of the elite TEs, especially Gronk. In all honesty I don't think Graham is really worth anything above 4, but I'd reach for him late 3rd if I could. Otherwise, you're going to have to live with chicken ###### from the TE position despite the hype otherwise.

As a person who drafted Gronk in the 2nd round, I would have to agree. He was a major factor (not single-handedly, but him and RG3 were the backbone) in my 10 game winning streak. I had gotten used to the solid 12-20 points from him every week that when he went down, I'm scrambling between Lewis and Bennett. I don't regret drafting him high.

As a person who drafted Gronk in the 2nd round, I would have to agree. He was a major factor (not single-handedly, but him and RG3 were the backbone) in my 10 game winning streak. I had gotten used to the solid 12-20 points from him every week that when he went down, I'm scrambling between Lewis and Bennett. I don't regret drafting him high.

I used a second rounder on Gronk as well...never regretted it. I had Graham last year. You can find late round WRs and RBs that can produce but TEs are a different beast. Having Gronk or Graham gives you an edge that cannot be found in later rounds of the draft or on the WW. I thought I had Gronk covered with Heath Miller but that plan went south. My only option is to drop Gronk for either Rudolph or Olsen and play matchups. Will Gronk be back for the fantasy playoffs? That is the million dollar question. After having to play these terrible TEs for a couple of weeks, I think I will hold Gronk and pray for his return. TE is a pure crapshoot.

Base on these past 2 years, I am def going to target Gronk with my second round or late first depend on what's available. Gronk can win you games, hard to say for anyone else beyond the first few picks. Hernadez is not who we thought he is and they are going to cut Welker most likely.

I have cut Gates and was able to pick him back up off waivers later on (10teamer) he is just a name at this point.

I drafted Graham in the 2nd in one league and regret it myself, those 2/3 games he was out swung my squad into a loser for the season and I never got that team back above .500. In fairness my RB situation was rather boom or bust as well but Graham going down put the nail in the coffin of that team.

I have Vernon Davis in one league and tried to trade him. Nobody wanted him. It was like he had aids or something. I agree with you, the guy can drive you crazy. Feast or famine. I figured I might as well keep him.

I traded him and was at the Saints game watching him get zeroed, which was nice.

The 9ers don't do much without him. The leading play makers for the 9ers vs the Saints were the backup TE Walker, the FB Miller and early on Manningham. Two offensive TDs, that was it. The rest is not turning it over so the defense can win it.