Sign in to follow this  
Djgb13

Brown Owners Rejoice

I'm starting Brown in one league for sure, but in another I have the popular Brown vs Moreno conundrum. In most sites rankings (like fantasypros.com's aggregate rankings, in which you can pick which expert rankings you want to combine), the two are pretty much back to back.. However, it seems like Moreno is a touch higher on their lists. I want to play Brown but I'm leaning Moreno just so I don't have all my eggs in Brown's hands (and we know how strong those hands are/are not). As far as Brown's matchup goes it looks a bit negative but here's what football outsiders says on espn:

We listed Brown as our "Fall Back to Earth" player of the week last week, but even we didn't think he'd fall back that hard (2.0 fantasy points against Tampa Bay). This week should be the proverbial "bounce back" game, as Cincinnati ranks 26th in run defense DVOA, and has given up double-digit fantasy points to every No. 1 running back not named Ryan Mathews over the past month.

Those 4 recent opponents were KC, OAK, SD and DAL

I'm starting Brown in one league for sure, but in another I have the popular Brown vs Moreno conundrum. In most sites rankings (like fantasypros.com's aggregate rankings, in which you can pick which expert rankings you want to combine), the two are pretty much back to back.. However, it seems like Moreno is a touch higher on their lists. I want to play Brown but I'm leaning Moreno just so I don't have all my eggs in Brown's hands (and we know how strong those hands are/are not). As far as Brown's matchup goes it looks a bit negative but here's what football outsiders says on espn:

We listed Brown as our "Fall Back to Earth" player of the week last week, but even we didn't think he'd fall back that hard (2.0 fantasy points against Tampa Bay). This week should be the proverbial "bounce back" game, as Cincinnati ranks 26th in run defense DVOA, and has given up double-digit fantasy points to every No. 1 running back not named Ryan Mathews over the past month.

Those 4 recent opponents were KC, OAK, SD and DAL

I think that Moreno is the safer play, while Brown has the higher ceiling but lower floor.

Moreno should get 15-20 carries and another 3 or so reception. I think he's a safe bet to be near 100 total yards. A touchdown would obviously be a huge bonus, and I could see Denver scoring three or four of them. But we all know that Manning throws a lot, even in the red zone. But if you start him, you can count on a solid 10 points.

Cinncy has a tough defense, so I can't see Philly scoring more than two touchdowns. The thing is, Brown could end up with both of them. Problem is, we have just seen Brown's floor and not many of us can survive a 1 point game from a running back this week.

Last week has me nervous...I just took him out of my lineup for SJAX. I may need the safer play, but I loved what I saw 2 and 3 weeks ago :headbanger:

My choices are Moreno, R Matthews, Forte, & Brown.

Brown laid a stinker last week, but it was on the road against the best rush defense int he league that obvu=iously didn't respect Foles as a passer. Foles lit the up and Philly won. This week, Brown gores against another "good" rush defense, but not not Bucs good. Plus, this game is at home. I'm rolling with Brown.

Now picking #2 out of that group is a bit more difficult. Matthews at home vs a horrible CAR rush defense, but man, Matthews has been horrible. Sitting him. Besides, I'm starting D Alezander, and I don't want two Chargers in my lineup.

Forte is at home vs GB, and Bush is banged up. But I still think Bush would get the goal line carries, and Forte has ony had one good game against GB the past three years.

Moreno is on the oad against a banged up Balt defense and has Manning to open up the running game with his sick ability to move the chains. Suggs is out, and I expect Moreno to get the touches.

So I'm rolling with Brown and leaning towards Moreno as the seconf RB. But still considering Forte.

My WR situation is much clearer (Nicks @ Atlanta, Alexander vs Car, Britt vs Jets, & J Graham vs TAM). TEs are WRs in our league.

Here's how opponent's top back did against the Bengals over the last several weeks:

Week 14- Demarco Murray 21 for 53 2.5 ypc

Week 13- Ryan Matthews 9-26 2.9 ypc

Week 12- Marcel Reece 15-79 4.9 ypc

Week 11- Jamal Charles 17-87 5.1 ypc

Week 10- Andre Brown 7-65 9.3 ypc

Ahmad Bradshaw 10-57 5.7 ypc

Week 9- Willis Mcgahee 23-66 2.9 ypc

Week 8- Jonathan Dwyer 17-122 7.2 ypc

I'm not really sure if that does anything to ease the decision on Bryce Brown tonight. They've had two stellar performances against the run the last two weeks, but seemed vulnerable most weeks before that. :dunno:

Here's how opponent's top back did against the Bengals over the last several weeks:

Week 14- Demarco Murray 21 for 53 2.5 ypc

Week 13- Ryan Matthews 9-26 2.9 ypc

Week 12- Marcel Reece 15-79 4.9 ypc

Week 11- Jamal Charles 17-87 5.1 ypc

Week 10- Andre Brown 7-65 9.3 ypc

Ahmad Bradshaw 10-57 5.7 ypc

Week 9- Willis Mcgahee 23-66 2.9 ypc

Week 8- Jonathan Dwyer 17-122 7.2 ypc

I'm not really sure if that does anything to ease the decision on Bryce Brown tonight. They've had two stellar performances against the run the last two weeks, but seemed vulnerable most weeks before that. :dunno:

Ryan Matthews and the Chargers have a whole lot of stink going on in the run game, and the Cowboys throw often.

Im pretty sure im going with Brown tonight in 2 leagues so who else is rolling with Brown :dunno: One of them have very good options(McFadden and Ridley) for flex but am sticking with Brown. Other well im not starting Dwyer or Ballard for my RB2 so no doubt going with Brown.

Who else is with me and who you starting him over?

I have Lynch and A Morris as my 1-2. Brown would be my flex. Question is would I be better with Reggie Bush or Reggie Wayne in the flex spot over Brown?

Considering what happened with Brown last week, and what happened the two weeks prior, maybe the best advice comes from that old guy who talks to empty chairs: "You've got to ask yourself one question: Do I feel lucky? Well, do ya, punk?"

Considering what happened with Brown last week, and what happened the two weeks prior, maybe the best advice comes from that old guy who talks to empty chairs: "You've got to ask yourself one question: Do I feel lucky? Well, do ya, punk?"

:lol:

Im swinging for the fence i guess. Cause if i bench Brown and he goes off again im gonna be one pissed of SOB. If he just gets 6 pts or even 2 pts atleast ill still have plenty of time to make a comeback :ninja:

I have to choose between brown and law firm tonight.

Law firm has been consistent for the past month.

Brown has the higher ceiling but a basement floor.

I have convinced myself both ways all day long. I hate Thursday nights.

Do I just flip a coin?

I'm going with Brown over Moreno. That's what my gut tells me to do...hopefully I don't puke all over myself because of it. That means I'm going with Brown in two leagues now. I'm gonna be one anxious mofo during this game. I have Dalton, Maclin and Bengals D in one league apiece as well.

Bengals are going to SMASH the Eagles, which means very little bryce brown, DEATH MACHINE IN MOTION. Im staying away

I have to choose between brown and law firm tonight.

Law firm has been consistent for the past month.

Brown has the higher ceiling but a basement floor.

I have convinced myself both ways all day long. I hate Thursday nights.

Do I just flip a coin?

I just swapped Sproles out for Brown. Done. I have a feeling he will surprise tonight with a big performance. Nothing but a hunch.

Swing for the fences and put him in. I think he goes for 110-1, 3 rec. for 35.

Who else is with me and who you starting him over?

Ride or die. Bryce stays in my lineup too. Team in sig - other flex options are Maclin and Josh Gordon. I'm much more confident that Brown will not repeat last week's performance, than in Maclin repeating his.

Ride or die. Bryce stays in my lineup too. Team in sig - other flex options are Maclin and Josh Gordon. I'm much more confident that Brown will not repeat last week's performance, than in Maclin repeating his.

Gordon has the best matchup ever this weekend

I just swapped Sproles out for Brown. Done. I have a feeling he will surprise tonight with a big performance. Nothing but a hunch.

Swing for the fences and put him in. I think he goes for 110-1, 3 rec. for 35.

This stupid decision probably cost me the game... Hopefully other people kept his arse on the bench. Fricken last minute switch after reading some articles about why I should give Brown another chance...

This stupid decision probably cost me the game... Hopefully other people kept his arse on the bench. Fricken last minute switch after reading some articles about why I should give Brown another chance...

I read those articles and I disagreed with all of them. I was tempted though....couldn't do it. Brown gave me a zero last week. The trust is gone after that.

Ouch. Some of you guys were right. At least I had Bengals D in one of the leagues. Brown got overwhelmed and never got to the corner.

I knew I was f'd when they had the ball 1st & goal in the early 2nd & they tried to get cute on first, pulled him on 2nd, passed on 3rd and goal (incomplete).

Game. Over.

I was in bed by 915.

I knew I was f'd when they had the ball 1st & goal in the early 2nd & they tried to get cute on first, pulled him on 2nd, passed on 3rd and goal (incomplete).

Game. Over.

I was in bed by 915.

Yup, when you have 2 first and goals on 2 separate drives and can't score a TD, you know it's a bad night for the RB.

Looks like Bryce has turned back into a pumpkin. Thanks for propping up mediocre teams just enough to get them into the playoffs and then returning to the round orange squash that you always were.

I read those articles and I disagreed with all of them. I was tempted though....couldn't do it. Brown gave me a zero last week. The trust is gone after that.

Thats what I get for going with "a hunch" that he would have a great game... All week I said I would not use him, and I did not believe the hype, then my arse caved in and made the switch 30 min before game time - stuuupid! (I read too many columns/articles)

- Probably cost me the semi-final match, going against the top dog in my league. Should have played it safe and went with Sproles - safe bet for 8-9pts (PPR). Damn.

He did not get credited with that fumble so for now 4 pts :banana: :wall:

Yeah, I don't agree with that scoring, but I will take it. I also had the CIN defense, so I was torn on having Brown have a good game.

Yeah, I don't agree with that scoring, but I will take it. I also had the CIN defense, so I was torn on having Brown have a good game.

I sat the Bungles D for the Lions :(

Any chance that fumble gets corrected and added to Brown? Sure looked like it was on him to me.

Didnt see the play yeah probably can be changed down line but seeing they changed it away from brown during game its probably been looked at closer already

I didn't want to start him on Thursday, but I didn't think I could wait to see injury reports. I had David Wilson or Mikel LeShoure for his slot, but they are not sure things themselves. So what could I do? I gave Brown the shot and might get bounced as a result.

I didn't want to start him on Thursday, but I didn't think I could wait to see injury reports. I had David Wilson or Mikel LeShoure for his slot, but they are not sure things themselves. So what could I do? I gave Brown the shot and might get bounced as a result.

My error was even worse than yours in hindsight. I could be debating between Moreno and Wilson now but no, of course I rolled the dice with Brown and didn't exactly win. Oh well, just gotta hope the rest of the squad makes up for it.

Would you start Brown against the Skins Week 16 for the SB?

Assuming McCoy is out?

I may, heck he outscored a ton of great players this week to put things in perspective.

His fumbling is only thing that makes me say no.

But then that would mean I play Wayne or Cruz who actually did much worse this week. :wall: