Sign in to follow this  
nos23

Roddy White

Roddy White underwent an MRI for an unknown injury Wednesday.

Per beat writer D. Orlando Ledbetter, White will be on Wednesday's injury report. That's when we'll learn what he had tested. White wasn't known to be hurt in Sunday's loss to the Panthers, so there's no real reason to worry. His status will be updated later this afternoon.

not too worried yet, guy hasnt missed a game in like forever.

Roddy White was held out of Wednesday's practice with a knee injury.

We know White underwent an MRI, but little else. The Falcons have some of the league's poorest local media coverage, but we've yet to come across anything that makes it sound like he's in danger of missing Week 15. His status will be worth monitoring closely over the next 48 hours, however. Harry Douglas would start opposite Julio Jones were White unable to suit up against New York. White has never missed a game in his eight-year career. Dec 12 - 3:22 PM

Roddy White underwent an MRI for an unknown injury Wednesday.

Per beat writer D. Orlando Ledbetter, White will be on Wednesday's injury report. That's when we'll learn what he had tested. White wasn't known to be hurt in Sunday's loss to the Panthers, so there's no real reason to worry. His status will be updated later this afternoon.

not too worried yet, guy hasnt missed a game in like forever.

ever

I think this is a non issue. CBS says they just rested his knee as a precaution and they expect him to practice thursday. Im not concerned unless he misses fri practice.

Roddy White (knee) will be a game-time decision for Week 15 after being held out of practice again on Thursday.

Coach Mike Smith said White felt better today than yesterday, but the Falcons are being cautious with his knee. White isn't expected to do much in Friday's practice, either, though Smith acknowledges "it's hard to keep Roddy out of a game." Check back this weekend for a better read on White's status for the Giants game. At this point, we do expect him to play.

Jeez, sometimes I wish I didn't look at these posts. They make me worry when in all likelihood he'll be fine. Damn you precautionary measures!!

Tanks for nuthin loser. I'm probably rolling with Denarius Moore instead. He's due. F Roddy and his band of merry men in Atlanta. They suck.

"Hey man, how many games has he missed in his career?" asked Douglas, rhetorically. Reporters replied zero. "There you go," added Douglas with a laugh. White was in a nearby locker-room stall, laughing as well. Although White didn't practice this week, we fully expect him to get the start against the Giants.

Heres what terrifies me...Roddy doesnt want to end his streak, so he goes out and starts but takes himself out of the game before halftime! this is killing me right now cuz I have Shorts to plug in but roddy plays great at home!

Heres what terrifies me...Roddy doesnt want to end his streak, so he goes out and starts but takes himself out of the game before halftime!

THIS.

I have Roddy. I am facing Julio.

That's a double kick in the nuts.

Same here. Julio is terrible at home so not too worried. even if roddy misses time id bank on a total implosion rather than julio exploding. I need a report on sat that says roddy ran full speed and is all systems go. None of this "well hes hobbling around but will suck it up and trot out there." I dont want that trash! I want a guy burning coverage, catching short tds and screens while breaking tackles!

As a Julio owner, I hope that Roddy suits up to prevent any double coverage on Julio. It helps that Prince Amukamura isn't gonna play on Sunday as well. I'm a betting man & I say that Roddy suits up.

As a Julio owner, I hope that Roddy suits up to prevent any double coverage on Julio. It helps that Prince Amukamura isn't gonna play on Sunday as well. I'm a betting man & I say that Roddy suits up.

This is what i was gonna say. I might have to sit old Roddy down for Mike Wallace :unsure:

as a julio owner in 2 league :pointstosky:

As a Julio owner in 2 leagues facing the Roddy owner in one of my semi final matchups :pointstosky: :pointstosky:

As a Julio owner in 2 leagues facing the Roddy owner in one of my semi final matchups :pointstosky: :pointstosky:

For your sake, you best hope Roddy goes, as otherwise, just who do you think that the secondary will be focusing on. As a Ryan owner, I gotta hope he goes. I expect he does.

Really wish u Julio owners would settle down and stop actin like this situation is good for u. Roddy at full strength means your underachieving wannabe stud might get open even tho he can't at home all year. Roddy out or limited means no chance for Julio to bust a long one and the whole offense gets shut down. But by all means, enjoy watching tony G get the td and 10 catches.

Really wish u Julio owners would settle down and stop actin like this situation is good for u. Roddy at full strength means your underachieving wannabe stud might get open even tho he can't at home all year. Roddy out or limited means no chance for Julio to bust a long one and the whole offense gets shut down. But by all means, enjoy watching tony G get the td and 10 catches.

Well if we want to talk about trends (like this ridiculous idea that there's a hex on the Georgia Dome that stops Julio from performing well there), here's one - the Giants, despite being 27th in the league against the pass, give up the 8th fewest fantasy points to TEs.....but in turn they give up the 5th most fantasy points to WRs. Oh, and they're down a starting CB with Amukamara out.

It's a bad matchup for Tony, it's a good one for Julio and Roddy. If Roddy doesn't play, or is limited, most of his targets will go to Julio. The math is simple. Give any "wannabe stud" enough targets, especially against a subpar and injured secondary, and he'll get his.

But, being a Roddy owner facing Julio Sunday, I'm guessing that deep down you know this already, otherwise you wouldn't feel the need for such a hostile response.

Good luck Sunday.

Well if we want to talk about trends (like this ridiculous idea that there's a hex on the Georgia Dome that stops Julio from performing well there), here's one - the Giants, despite being 27th in the league against the pass, give up the 8th fewest fantasy points to TEs.....but in turn they give up the 5th most fantasy points to WRs. Oh, and they're down a starting CB with Amukamara out.

It's a bad matchup for Tony, it's a good one for Julio and Roddy. If Roddy doesn't play, or is limited, most of his targets will go to Julio. The math is simple. Give any "wannabe stud" enough targets, especially against a subpar and injured secondary, and he'll get his.

But, being a Roddy owner facing Julio Sunday, I'm guessing that deep down you know this already, otherwise you wouldn't feel the need for such a hostile response.

Good luck Sunday.

The Giants are actually 12th against TEs (not sure what your sources are). Not to mention they gave up one of the best TE performances this season to Jason Witten (18 for 167), who probably played a similar role to what Gonzalez would if White is out.

This kind of makes me glad that i got bounced in week one of playoffs. dont have to worry about this ######

no it doesnt

Have White in two leagues, not taking a chance, will be at Texans game and probably

forget to move White out, starting Cobb in one and not sure

yet in the other.

The Giants are actually 12th against TEs (not sure what your sources are). Not to mention they gave up one of the best TE performances this season to Jason Witten (18 for 167), who probably played a similar role to what Gonzalez would if White is out.

I was looking at Yahoo, but maybe my league scoring makes a difference in the ranking :dunno: . 8th or 12th, they're still better against TEs than WRs this year. Although Witten did have a monster game.

I'm on the road and will be traveling on Sunday. Going to be a tough Sunday morning decision. I've been counting on Roddy all year, hate to bench him - but don't know if I can take the chance at a goose egg.