Sign in to follow this  
Djgb13

Your DND list for 2013

Who are some people on your DND list for next year? On mine would be the following:

Ryan Mathews (Wish I didnt take him this year)

Darren McFadden (Not great for the ADP he went at)

Vernon Davis (started out big and then disappeared)

Fred Jackson (Is this guy even going to be in the NFL still?)

Short list for mine as of right now but what is everyone elses looking like?

I'll draft just about anyone for the right price. I got BURNED by a few players this year but even though I took Mathews in the 2nd, I'm not discouraged for grabbing him in the 5th or so next year.

Hard for me to make a list like that until we know the ADPs. Everybody will be down on those players to some extent and if they fall enough there is not anyone on your list I would not be willing to draft in a 12 team league. Obviously none will be worth the ADP from this year but I'd take a shot at Mathews maybe in the 5th or 6th as a RB3 depending on what happens in the offseason, Davis and Fjax are going much later anyway so depending on where they fall might be worth the risk/reward. I have never drafted McFadden because there is always someone who takes him too early for my taste but I do see his upside and some year they will be right he sure has cost alot of people their season though, it's really hard to overcome a poor high pick.

I'll draft just about anyone for the right price. I got BURNED by a few players this year but even though I took Mathews in the 2nd, I'm not discouraged for grabbing him in the 5th or so next year.

This. there are players I tend to shy away from but at the right price I'll draft anyone.

I think I can agree with that. The only way I would take someone like Mathews would be mid to late rounds (5-7). However I dont want to be depending on them to be my main backs. If anything they would be a flex play for me and if they start turning it on next year then they could very easily move up to RB2 status for me. However there is no way I would be taking any of them before round 5.

above mentioned players

Rivers

Flacco

Cutler

Ponder

Shonn Green

Reggie Bush

Darren Sproles or All NO RBs

DeMarco Murray

DeAngelo Williams

DeSean Jackson

Miles Austin

Greg Jennings

Fitz - depends on QB

Hakeem Nicks

Brandon Lloyd

Gates

defence/special teams to avoid

PHI

PIT

that's my list so far

This. there are players I tend to shy away from but at the right price I'll draft anyone.

Agreed, however, you all know Mathews will be overdrafted next season. The next HC will rave about his potential and everyone will buy into it AGAIN. He won't get past the end of Round 2. Watch and see. Fantasy football players all suffer from Amnesia once the season is over. How many times has Run DMC screwed people and he is always drafted in Round 1 or very early Round 2???

Agreed, however, you all know Mathews will be overdrafted next season. The next HC will rave about his potential and everyone will buy into it AGAIN. He won't get past the end of Round 2. Watch and see. Fantasy football players all suffer from Amnesia once the season is over. How many times has Run DMC screwed people and he is always drafted in Round 1 or very early Round 2???

Which is why I have a notebook specifically for this. Ive already got the players I want ranked. Mathews is on my list as do not draft below round 5 and the same goes for DMC. Ill also take into account the preseason games. However, unless they absolutely put up monster games they will stay in the rankings that I have them. Ill let someone else deal with that headache. If they draft them at 1 or 2 then that means someone on my list is available for me to pick up.

Last pick of the last round if he is still available and the pick is mine? He still won't go.

Antonio Gates.

McFadden...He's dead to me. So tired of him missing chunks of games year after year...and his performance no longer justifies the risk that goes along with him.

D Murray....he's Mcfadden Jr...He's never going to make it through a season and Cowboys aren't a strong enough running team to bother with him.

Chris Johnson....he's basically buried fantasy teams for two straight years. He's okay as bench material, but going nowhere near him in early rounds of draft.

If I could only pick one guy though, it would be McFadden....He's burned me so many times that there is just no way I'm owning him again.

I tend to disagree here altho the logic is sound. Honestly I just dont want a bum no matter what pick he falls to me at. What im sayin is that altho its not realistic, I want EVERY one of my drafted guys to be studs. I dont draft a wr2 hoping for wr2 numbers, I hope to get wr1 numbers from him! I dont want a rb that might put up 900yds and 5 tds at best, I want even my rb3-4 to maybe break out and be a stud!

Examples. I drafted Wayne late this year and expected him to be a wr2 at worst. I dont want a guy if his ceiling is 1000yds and 4 tds. I dont want a qb unless he can threaten 30tds. I got morris hoping for a rb2, wayne for rb1, rg3 for qb1 etc. Whats the use of a bum who gets 6 pnts a gm? regardless of draft position.

I tend to disagree here altho the logic is sound. Honestly I just dont want a bum no matter what pick he falls to me at. What im sayin is that altho its not realistic, I want EVERY one of my drafted guys to be studs. I dont draft a wr2 hoping for wr2 numbers, I hope to get wr1 numbers from him! I dont want a rb that might put up 900yds and 5 tds at best, I want even my rb3-4 to maybe break out and be a stud!

Most of the "bums" here are high talent players with injury issues here though. They are the exact kind of players that it is usually great to spend a late round pick with because if they work out, they do have that high ceiling and can be a stud.

Hugely agree about Vernon Davis on this list. I'd definitely include Reggie Bush and DWill as well.

Examples. I drafted Wayne late this year and expected him to be a wr2 at worst. I dont want a guy if his ceiling is 1000yds and 4 tds. I dont want a qb unless he can threaten 30tds. I got morris hoping for a rb2, wayne for rb1, rg3 for qb1 etc. Whats the use of a bum who gets 6 pnts a gm? regardless of draft position.

then Mathews fits the exact type of guy you are talking about

he finished no 6 overall in ppr in 2011

hes one of those guys you can grab in the 5th, who has 1st round potential

Aaron Rodgers sucks :thumbsdown:

I will draft anyone in any fantasy sport except Vick. Like others have said it depends on where I have to take certain players. Names of players that won't be on my teams because someone else will draft them higher would be a better list.

D.McFadden

R. Mathews

A. Bradshaw

Packer WRs

J. Jones

W. Welker (if not on NE)

V. Davis

J. Finley

J. Graham

And probably all the tier 1 QBs next year.

McFadden

Chris Johnson

Ryan Mathews

Fred Jackson

Aaron Rodgers ( I'm just not gonna take a QB this high again)

Brandon Pettigrew

Vernon Davis

My dnd list consists of guys who were my starting lineup for 3/4 of the season.

Romo

CJ

DMC

nicks

Nelson

Gates.

Never again with these guys. Never. I would consider taking DMC again if it was the 4th rd but never again before that

Who are some people on your DND list for next year? On mine would be the following:

Ryan Mathews (Wish I didnt take him this year)

Darren McFadden (Not great for the ADP he went at)

Vernon Davis (started out big and then disappeared)

Fred Jackson (Is this guy even going to be in the NFL still?)

Short list for mine as of right now but what is everyone elses looking like?

In my #2 league I drafted those 3 running backs. Wonder why I finished dead last and in that league I'll be buying the champ a 12 pack of his choosing. All 3 never again

Too early for a DND list imo, but I agree with others that there are players right now that I would not draft unless they fell a couple rounds or more.

Mathews is at the top of that list. If I can get him as an RB3 or 4, like I nabbed Spiller in the mid-rounds this year, then great. If he's being drafted as an RB2, forget it.

At WR, I'll say Andre and Fitz. I need more than 3-4 TDs if I'm going to spend a 2nd or high 3rd round pick on a WR1.

Also would wait a while on Nicks and Nelson. No interest in spending high picks on guys who are only the 1A on their team and can't stay healthy.

At TE, Vernon. I thought the 6-83-1 line in Kaepernick's first start was a sign of great things to come, but he's only had 3 catches in the 3 games since then, for 19 yards. He's disappeared in that offense, and if Colin is still starting next year, I would avoid him entirely.

At QB, Cutler is simply a DND. It's mind-boggling that they add a guy like Marshall, and he rises from the #13 WR in 2011 to #1 this year, yet Cutler only rises from #25 to #23 at QB. His problem is obviously not a lack of weapons anymore, he can't stay healthy behind that line, and even when he does he's barely a low-end QB2.

Aside from the previously mentioned Vick, I'll never say never on anybody if the price is right. If my eighth round pick comes down to taking somebody I would otherwise have to Google rather than a Mathews or whatever, I'll go with Mathews. RBs are such a crap shoot that even the most established turd can suddenly go off on any given Sunday. Mathews has the potential to be that turd. Draft as many RBs as the law allows, then sit back and see what happens.

Hard for me to make a list like that until we know the ADPs.

This needs more love.

I'll take anyone. I don't have a DND list. The guys we're talking about can be had for much cheaper next year and if the price is right, jump.

----

I've only had one player on my DND list- Jason Hanson. Love the guy, my first kicker on my first FF team back in the Barry years when they were a perenially playoff team. But it was a bad experience. I didn't like the conflict of interest of watching a Lions game and seeing their drive stall so they send in Hanson. So for years I kept away.

Until this year. I had no intention of taking him again but 14 teams, some folks had two Ks, I was the last one without a kicker. Hanson was still around and the next six or so names under him were scratched off. Fock it. Great pick. And further, I've discovered that over the years, I've developed the ability to compartmentalize my FF and real life teams. Hanson's not on DND anymore.