Sign in to follow this  
edjr

if a bus careened off the road and killed 20 kids and 6 adults

the answer is no.

Christ did the you see the coroner's presser? What a jerkoff that guy was.

Because some wacko shot up little kids and adults, does every channel and television show have to comment and make such a big deal? Why is everyone so self-important and need to show the next wacko that does this how famous they can be?

Maybe not as sensationalized but it would garner a LOT of media...very young kids died...lots of them.

What I wonder about is what the coverage would have been if the killer had been a Muslim.

Maybe not as sensationalized but it would garner a LOT of media...very young kids died...lots of them.

What I wonder about is what the coverage would have been if the killer had been a Muslim.

Obama would call it "workplace violence".

the answer is no.

Because some wacko shot up little kids and adults, does every channel and television show have to comment and make such a big deal? Why is everyone so self-important and need to show the next wacko that does this how famous they can be?

I love the interviews with the 8 year old kids. I also enjoyed watching every Tom, D1ck, and Harry being interviewed on the streets of Newtown....like they know anymore than we do. Can you imagine being that person who tells ABC or CBS they heard a kid was shot in the face 11 times? After the tv trucks leave I would imagine the locals would form a lynch party on that guy.

I love the interviews with the 8 year old kids. I also enjoyed watching every Tom, D1ck, and Harry being interviewed on the streets of Newtown....like they know anymore than we do. Can you imagine being that person who tells ABC or CBS they heard a kid was shot in the face 11 times? After the tv trucks leave I would imagine the locals would form a lynch party on that guy.

You don't think you would get interviews with any young kid that would have survived a bus crash? If all the parents said no and if all the bystanders said no...end of the story. Parents/bystanders want to be famous too.

You don't think you would get interviews with any young kid that would have survived a bus crash? If all the parents said no and if all the bystanders said no...end of the story. Parents/bystanders want to be famous too.

True. We live in the "Look at Me" society.

Totally different situation. The scenario you describe is an accident. This was a calculated murder by a lunatic with commonality to other similar murders recently.

Now, if the bus driver did it on purpose, then we might have a similar situation.

BTW - the press covers what people want to know about. Everyone was talking about this story the last 2 days. To not cover it as a huge part of your content, would be assinine.

I think the bus crash would receive a lot of media attention. Maybe not quite as much because you don't have all the "why?" questions that you have with a shooting. But it'd still receive national coverage for days.

Not sure I care that much about the how, but the means of death do bear into the shock, impact the grief, and in this case the horror of it changes ones reaction.

10,000 died in drunk driving accidents last year. Prohibition time?

It worked well the first time around......about as well as the gun ban in Chicago.

Mebbe ban cars?

10,000 died in drunk driving accidents last year. Prohibition time?

I think it's clear we need to require that everybody drive drunk. If everyone's driving drunk were only killing drunk drivers. Problem solved.

Link

"About 10:55 p.m. EDT on May 14, 1988, a pickup truck traveling northbound in the southbound lanes of Interstate 71 struck head-on a church activity bus traveling southbound in the left lane of the highway near Carrollton, Kentucky. As the pickup truck rotated during impact, it struck a passenger car traveling southbound in the right lane near the church bus. The church bus fuel tank was punctured during the collision sequence, and a fire ensued, engulfing the entire bus. The bus driver and 26 bus passengers were fatally injured. Thirty-four bus passengers sustained minor to critical injuries, and six bus passengers were not injured. The pickup truck driver sustained serious injuries, but neither occupant of the passenger car was injured."

I don't recall the amount of national media attention back in the day, but it's still a big deal around here every May 14th.

Current boss is a survivor of that bus crash. Crazy that the guy was drunk enough to drive like 9 miles the wrong way on I-71.

Link

"About 10:55 p.m. EDT on May 14, 1988, a pickup truck traveling northbound in the southbound lanes of Interstate 71 struck head-on a church activity bus traveling southbound in the left lane of the highway near Carrollton, Kentucky. As the pickup truck rotated during impact, it struck a passenger car traveling southbound in the right lane near the church bus. The church bus fuel tank was punctured during the collision sequence, and a fire ensued, engulfing the entire bus. The bus driver and 26 bus passengers were fatally injured. Thirty-four bus passengers sustained minor to critical injuries, and six bus passengers were not injured. The pickup truck driver sustained serious injuries, but neither occupant of the passenger car was injured."

I don't recall the amount of national media attention back in the day, but it's still a big deal around here every May 14th.

I think that the big reason is that busses have a purpose other than killing people. I am not sure what purpose guns have other than being able to kill someone/something (in defense or offense).

I think that the big reason is that busses have a purpose other than killing people. I am not sure what purpose guns have other than being able to kill someone/something (in defense or offense).

That is true, however that is not why the Newtown story is so huge.

That is true, however that is not why the Newtown story is so huge.

Why is it so huge, then?

Is it because it was a senseless act of violence that resulted in the killing of 20 kids (and 6 adults) at a school where everyone is expected to be worried about learning ABC's?

Handguns are made for killin, they ain't no good for nothin else.

Handguns are made for killin, they ain't no good for nothin else.

I use the butt of a loaded handgun to crack open walnuts.

the answer is no.

Yes, because Angelina and Brad's family are very well known.

I use the butt of a loaded handgun to crack open walnuts.

that's funny. I use the butt of a loaded elf for the same thing.