9. V. Jackson

10. R. Cobb

Tight End

1. Gronk

2. Graham

3. Hernandez

4. Witton

5. Pitta

Spiller could easily be in the top three...depending on who the Bills hire as their HC.

Yes, possibly. I think Steven Jackson could also appear in the top ten, depending on where he lands.

I'd swap Spiller and Richardson.

Spiller was the 7th best RB in my league this year, despite missing some time, sharing wayyyyyy too many touches with Fred Jackson, and dealing with one of the dumbest Head Coaches in the league.

Fred Jackson is another year older, another injury tacked on, and Gailey is out as the HC. I think Spiller has as high of a ceiling as any RB in the league not named Adrian Freakerson.

Seriously, the guy had 1,703 total yards and 8 TD's on just 250 touches. 250 touches! :shocking:

Yes, possibly. I think Steven Jackson could also appear in the top ten, depending on where he lands.

My feeling on Jackson is that his time as a number one is gone. He is 30 years old (at the start of next season) which is the year of huge decline.

Ray Rice might be ranked a little too high for the way they're using him, which might not change much with the emergence of Bernard Pierce.

RG III seems to take too many hits, Washington know this, he loses value if they try to keep him in the pocket. Too much of an injury risk for my liking.

Get Eli out of there, insert Russell Wilson or Kapernicus. Eli is a QB2...period.

I'd swap Spiller and Richardson.

Spiller was the 7th best RB in my league this year, despite missing some time, sharing wayyyyyy too many touches with Fred Jackson, and dealing with one of the dumbest Head Coaches in the league.

Fred Jackson is another year older, another injury tacked on, and Gailey is out as the HC. I think Spiller has as high of a ceiling as any RB in the league not named Adrian Freakerson.

Seriously, the guy had 1,703 total yards and 8 TD's on just 250 touches. 250 touches! :shocking:

I'm not as high on him as a lot of people are. I'm still not sure if he can withstand a season getting 25 touches per game. And I think that whoever the coach ends up being, he's going to want to have someone share the workload to better assure that CJ and his explosiveness will be around all season. Time will tell, I suppose.

Ray Rice might be ranked a little too high for the way they're using him, which might not change much with the emergence of Bernard Pierce.

RG III seems to take too many hits, Washington know this, he loses value if they try to keep him in the pocket. Too much of an injury risk for my liking.

Get Eli out of there, insert Russell Wilson or Kapernicus. Eli is a QB2...period.

I disagree. As 2010 proved, if he has both Cruz and Nicks healthy, he puts up huge numbers. I think Wilson takes a huge step backwards next year.

I disagree. As 2010 proved, if he has both Cruz and Nicks healthy, he puts up huge numbers. I think Wilson takes a huge step backwards next year.

"huge numbers" might be a stretch. Even with Nicks healthy, Eli was never quite a top 5 QB...not in any of my leagues. I just believe the QB position is a deep as I can remember and there are too many guys that can force Eli out of the top 10.

Wilson taking a step backwards wouldn't surprise me, but, I'd still rather take my chances with him over Eli. FWIW....I would never be caught with a FF team with either of those guys as my QB1.

Still a good list and agree with most it.

You don't like Harvin to crack your top WR??

"huge numbers" might be a stretch. Even with Nicks healthy, Eli was never quite a top 5 QB...not in any of my leagues. I just believe the QB position is a deep as I can remember and there are too many guys that can force Eli out of the top 10.

Wilson taking a step backwards wouldn't surprise me, but, I'd still rather take my chances with him over Eli. FWIW....I would never be caught with a FF team with either of those guys as my QB1.

Still a good list and agree with most it.

You don't like Harvin to crack your top WR??

HArvin could be in the 8-10 range, but I have a lot of questions about his health. Whether it's the current injury, or the migraines, it's always something with that guy. But he's certainly a weapon when healthy.

I'm not as high on him as a lot of people are. I'm still not sure if he can withstand a season getting 25 touches per game. And I think that whoever the coach ends up being, he's going to want to have someone share the workload to better assure that CJ and his explosiveness will be around all season. Time will tell, I suppose.

Spiller reminds me a lot of Jamaal Charles - both his on-the-field talents and situations. A few years ago, Jamaal Charles was an ultra-talented, lightning-quick, big-play RB that may be a little undersized to carry a full workload. He was grossly out-producing his RB counter-part, yet was never even given >50% of the touches because of an idiot Head Coach.

Jamaal Charles has now produced 2 elite seasons as a feature RB (even though he was still under utilized this year). His ACL injury was an absolute freak, non-contact injury, so it's not like the guy can't hold up to 20+ carries in between the tackles.

Fast forward to 2012, and C.J. Spiller fits that original description perfectly. I honestly don't know if Spiller would stay healthy if given 350 touches in 2013, but that's simply the nature of the RB position. But I know what kind of #'s he would produce if given the opportunity. And with Fred Jackson getting old and his inability to stay healthy, coupled with a completely new coaching staff that can't possibly f!ck up Spiller's role as badly as Gailey did, and you could make an argument for Spiller as the #2 RB.

For what it's worth, below are the measurements for Spiller, Charles, and Chris Johnson. I know those aren't always 100% accurate, but I figured its worth noting.

C.J. Spiller - 5'11 200 lbs

Chris Jonson - 5'11 191 lbs

Jamaal Charles - 5'11 199 lbs

My feeling on Jackson is that his time as a number one is gone. He is 30 years old (at the start of next season) which is the year of huge decline.

not always, but in his case probably so as he also has the mileage.

Deangelo Williams is a soon to be 30 year old who I would think still has tread on the tires ala McGahee, Fred Jackson... guys who played well into their 30's due to injuries or time shares cutting down on their # of carries.

QB

Rodgers

Brees

Peyton

Brady

Newton

Ryan

Luck

RG3

Romo (if he remains in Dallas)

Dalton

RB

Rice (PPR)

Peterson

Foster

McCoy

Lynch

Charles

Spiller

Martin

Morris

Sproles (PPR)

WR

Calvin

Marshall

Bryant

AJ Green

D Thomas

Julio Jones

Andre

Cobb

Welker

Crabtree

At QB, I'm going Dalton over Stafford for now. Dalton seemingly has more weapons.

At RB, the glaring omission is likely Trent Richardson but he just seems to get too nicked up for my liking so I put Morris above him. If Shanny has found his back, Morris will be a solid top 10. I think Sproles 2013 will be much like his 6 weeks of 2012. He finished 12th among RB's in PPR scoring this year with 3 games missed and the Saints will have Payton back.

At WR, Welker makes top 10 if he remains in New England. Crabtree is my "sleeper" with the way he finished the season with Kap throwing him the ball. In making a quick top 10 for WR's, I could easily continue the list as far as 20 guys and argue that all of them have a great chance at the top 10. Roddy, Cruz, Harvin, VJax, Wayne, Greg Jennings wherever he lands, Decker with Manning, Nicks if healthy, Jordy Nelson if healthy, and what if Arizona gets a QB? Fitzgerald could be top 5. All the more reason to wait on WR's!

QB

Rodgers

Brady

Brees

Peyton

RG3

Newton

Ryan

Kaepernick

Dalton

Luck

WR

Calvin

Thomas

Bryant

Green

Marshall

Harvin

Jones

White

Cruz

Welker

RB

ADP

Foster

Rice

Lynch

Richardson

Martin

Morris

Charles

Spiller

CJ1.2K

Not thinking anything too out of the ordinary other than Kaep in SF. A full offseason and playbook designed to his strengths should help him crack the top 10 next year. I can't trust any of the receivers on SF, though. We'll see who steps up in the playoffs.

Roddy is better than Julio. Pro bowl was a huge snub, they played exactly as I predicted. Roddy better in all categories except a few less Tds.

Eli is hot garbage, I'd rather have romo.

Roddy is better than Julio. Pro bowl was a huge snub, they played exactly as I predicted. Roddy better in all categories except a few less Tds.

Eli is hot garbage, I'd rather have romo.

Julio had a higher YPC as well as the TD's. While Roddy had (arguably) the better season, and Julio did not match the lofty expectations fantasy owners had for him this preseason, they finished 9th and 11th respectively in PPR scoring with Julio actually ahead in standard formats. Both played all games, both dealt with injuries.

Im not even going to say that Julio has more talent, that would be splitting hairs although I believe it to be true. But Julio is ascending, while Roddy is, at best, maintaining. I expect bigger things from Julio in "magic year three" as he expands his route tree. I don't expect bigger things from Roddy going into year 9 at 32 years of age. I believe he has already peaked.

So in terms of a top 10 projection for 2013, I will definitely list Julio ahead of Roddy. I could easily put Roddy in the top 10 as well and if not, he is right there in the 11-15 range. Both could easily be in the top 10 depending on what Tony Gonzalez does in the offseason. Roddy and Julio were 9 and 11 WITH Gonzo being the #2 ranked tight end with 93 receptions on 124 targets and 8 touchdowns. Those targets and numbers would have to go somewhere and I doubt they would all go to whatever new TE becomes the starter. My guess is a large chunk of those targets go to Matt Ryan's other most trusted targets.

Thoughts on Ridley? He finished #9 overall in my ESPN non-PPR, haven't seen him listed above. :dunno:

Thoughts on Ridley? He finished #9 overall in my ESPN non-PPR, haven't seen him listed above. :dunno:

i can't put him in the top 10 knowing how fickle bill is and how he had a few fumbles still late in the year.

solid early 3rd rounder, i think.

not sure who i'd boot from my own top 10 listed earlier in this thread.