Sign in to follow this  
Lackman

***Official Seattle Seahawks vs Atlanta Falcons Game Thread

after manning up, that was the biggest choke job I've ever witnessed. 31 seconds.....pitiful.

They're a really young team that just about upset the 1 seed. Give them a bit of a pass rush and wideouts who can separate better and catch the ball and....

I'm thinking he was miffed because the refs didn't call it in time to prevent the kicker from kicking the practice run.

Falcons did snap the ball well after the whistle for that practice kick. Not much yiu can do about that though.

this loss is squarely on pete carroll.

absolutely terrible first half game management

Hell of a game. Caught the second half at the airport. Didnt give the 'hawks a chance when I saw it was 20-0. Was crapping my pants about facing them next week when they took the lead. See you next year guys. Its going to be a tremendous fight for the division crown. Meet at the championship next year?

Pete Carroll and Mike Smith :lol:

They both pooped their pants. Funny to watch scared coaches coach in big games. :cheers:

No opposition here. Jerk-off needs to settle down and spend a little more time thinking.

Silver lining is at least he can spend the next year telling his guys he cost them a spot in the NFC Championship. More like a shiny aluminum lining but I'm grasping here.

Ouch...that was pretty painful. Thought I was going to have a heart attack that last 2 minutes. Good job by Ryan though to avoid being labled as one of the all time playoff non-greats.

And to top it off I bet on the Hawks straight up instead of taking the 2.5.

No opposition here. Jerk-off needs to settle down and spend a little more time thinking.

Silver lining is at least he can spend the next year telling his guys he cost them a spot in the NFC Championship. More like a shiny aluminum lining but I'm grasping here.

this is a really exciting and promising team. only going to get better as the young guys get more experience and Russell Wilson is a gamer!

which seahawks fans were crying for matt flynn early in the season?

but carroll ###### the bed.

Ouch...that was pretty painful. Thought I was going to have a heart attack that last 2 minutes. Good job by Ryan though to avoid being labled as one of the all time playoff non-greats.

And to top it off I bet on the Hawks straight up instead of taking the 2.5.

Uh.....Ryan has done nothing yet.

Pete Carroll and Mike Smith :lol:

They both pooped their pants. Funny to watch scared coaches coach in big games. :cheers:

Agreed. :lol: Falcons have just removed a big monkey off their backs.

This. He played like sh!t the whole second half, then caught the Seahawks sleeping in the last 30 seconds. You gotta give credit where it's due, but Ryan was generally a turd.

Uh.....I guess you haven't been paying attention to anything before this game? I don't care if he had a subpar 2nd half he threw the passes that allowed his team to kick a game winning FG and first playoff win during his era. Everyone was talking about how he couldn't get it done.

This. He played like sh!t the whole second half, then caught the Seahawks sleeping in the last 30 seconds. You gotta give credit where it's due, but Ryan was generally a turd.

Why would the seahawks have been sleeping the last 30 seconds?

yeah there was no sleeping going on.....Ryan did what Manning was not allowed to do yesterday (get in fg range at end with time outs remaining)

Thought the game was over, like everyone else

He got his first playoff win. How it happens isn't really that important. He wasn't horrible and they won. If they lost his rep would've taken a big hit.

Did you watch the game?

Yes. There is no way the players take off the last 30 sec off after that comeback. If they do then you are saying your team really sucks. You think they weren't focused on making sure there would be no fg try?

Yes. There is no way the players take off the last 30 sec off after that comeback. If they do then you are saying your team really sucks. You think they weren't focused on making sure there would be no fg try?

Sure they were, but they thought the game was win after Lynch got the TD. Letting up ever so slightly makes a huge difference in a game of inches. :thumbsup:

Sure they were, but they thought the game was win after Lynch got the TD. Letting up ever so slightly makes a huge difference in a game of inches. :thumbsup:

No, with their starting field position and 2 timeouts left and with Ryan's late game success and how hard they fought back.....there was no letdown. They just made the plays they needed to.

No, with their starting field position and 2 timeouts left and with Ryan's late game success and how hard they fought back.....there was no letdown. They just made the plays they needed to.

Ryan's late game success? He had never won a playoff game in his career and had just spent the previous fifteen minutes sh!tting his pants. You want to re-write the narrative since the Falcons came out on top, but Matt Ryan is not a clutch performer.

Ryan's late game success? He had never won a playoff game in his career and had just spent the previous fifteen minutes sh!tting his pants. You want to re-write the narrative since the Falcons came out on top, but Matt Ryan is not a clutch performer.

Dude, he has plenty of late second comebacks.

Give it up, there was no letdown or sleeping. He has had exact comebacks like this in the past but you want to pretend his entire career is wrapped up in his playoffs? You obviously have not watched many of his games before

but we will just pretend Seattle let them score if it makes you feel better

here is some education for ya son

http://www.coldhardfootballfacts.com/content/captain-comeback-matt-ryan-passes-tom-brady-as-nfls-best-qb-the-clutch/18391/

Mix in another close win for undefeated Atlanta, and Matt Ryan’s 19-11 (.633) record in clutch fourth quarter/overtime games momentarily moves him past Tom Brady (37-23; .617) for the best record in NFL history (min. 30 opportunities).

Yeah I didn't say Seattle "let them" score. You continue to rewrite history

http://www.coldhardfootballfacts.com/content/captain-comeback-matt-ryan-passes-tom-brady-as-nfls-best-qb-the-clutch/18391/

Captain Comeback: Matt Ryan Passes Tom Brady As NFL's Best QB In The Clutch

Mix in another close win for undefeated Atlanta, and Matt Ryan’s 19-11 (.633) record in clutch fourth quarter/overtime games momentarily moves him past Tom Brady (37-23; .617) for the best record in NFL history (min. 30 opportunities).

eat it

No one here really said he was clutch but you just proved you haven't seen many falcon's games because ryan has had plenty of 4th qtr comeback wins. And now he has one in the playoffs.

:lol:

Matt's great when the games don't matter. I admit that. Good for you :thumbsup:

Oh I see when you said he wasn't clutch or had no history of clutch you really didnt mean it?

Gotcha

Eat the crow bro you had no idea whatsoever of his history in comebacks. Funny how you brought up clutch and I show you he is as of week 6, the most clutch QB of all time :lol:

Oh I see when you said he wasn't clutch or had no history of clutch you really didnt mean it?

Gotcha

It ain't clutch if it doesn't really matter ;)

We're going in circles here. Let's just see what happens next week. If the Falcons win I will admit "Matty Ice" has turned the corner.

It ain't clutch if it doesn't really matter ;)

We're going in circles here. Let's just see what happens next week. If the Falcons win I will admit "Matty Ice" has turned the corner.

You are so full of it.

The stats are not from preseason, they are from NFL games that mattered especially since he has been in playoffs like every year.

Just admit you had no idea Matt was the most clutch QB in NFL history. Now you have to try and make clutch into meaning only....what playoff games, like the one he just won?

At any rate if you have to try and redefine a word, just admit your FAIL

You are so full of it.

The stats are not from preseason, they are from NFL games that mattered especially since he has been in playoffs like every year.

Just admit you had no idea Matt was the most clutch QB in NFL history. Now you have to try and make clutch into meaning only....what playoff games, like the one he just won?

At any rate if you have to try and redefine a word, just admit your FAIL

No, I am quite familiar with his record. 0-3 in the playoffs, damn near 0-4, history of choking in big games. So he can come back against the Panthers in the regular season. That proves nothing.

Like I said, we'll see next week. I predict at least 3 turnovers from Mr. Ice.

No, I am quite familiar with his record. 0-3 in the playoffs, damn near 0-4, history of choking in big games. So he can come back against the Panthers in the regular season. That proves nothing.

Like I said, we'll see next week. I predict at least 3 turnovers from Mr. Ice.

OK so you are the judge of what counts as a clutch game? Panther games don't count, what other teams don't qualify?

I don't associate Matt Ryan as a choker, he has playoff losses but it's not like he was losing games like Manning and Favre have done on last throws for INT in a close game.

Just admit you didnt know Matt's history and carry on being slightly more educated on NFL football

OK so you are the judge of what counts as a clutch game? Panther games don't count, what other teams don't qualify?

I don't associate Matt Ryan as a choker, he has playoff losses but it's not like he was losing games like Manning and Favre have done on last throws for INT in a close game.

Just admit you didnt know Matt's history and carry on being slightly more educated on NFL football

Nope, I was fully aware of his regular season history as already stated :)

Nope, I was fully aware of his regular season history as already stated :)

That's not what you said originally when you said

Ryan's late game success? ................but Matt Ryan is not a clutch performer.

Internet is funny how it keeps track of exactly what you say :wave:

That's not what you said originally when you said

Ryan's late game success? ................but Matt Ryan is not a clutch performer.

Internet is funny how it keeps track of exactly what you say :wave:

The internet can also recognize when a clown selectively quotes another poster. It's wonderful like that. Al Gore is a genius. :thumbsup:

The internet can also recognize when a clown selectively quotes another poster. It's wonderful like that. Al Gore is a genius. :thumbsup:

OK here is full quote

Seems you question his late game success and state he is not a clutch performer.

You can't take that out of context, it stands on it's own :doublethumbsup:

OK here is full quote

Seems you question his late game success and state he is not a clutch performer.

You can't take that out of context, it stands on it's own :doublethumbsup:

Except for the clear reference to his playoff performances, specifically.

I can't tell of you're trolling or dumb. I suspect both are true