Sign in to follow this  
Lackman

***Official Seattle Seahawks vs Atlanta Falcons Game Thread

Wilson and Carroll together have to be the least cerebral QB/Coach duo in the league. To come out of that half pointless is Kotite-level work.

Glad to see the detritus swept summarily to the curb so we can get on with the real playoffs next week. :thumbsup:

I haven't seen something that amateur since Joe Webb was blindly tossing the ball up for grabs. And hell, at least with that strategy there's a chance to.stop the clock.

Really thoight Wilson was smarter than that. Perhaps the pressure has gotten to him. Carroll too.

I blame Carroll more than wilson

20-0. Let the comeback begin?

This game will not be a blowout. Lackman is on a bus to Atlanta to make sure of it.

Fixed :pointstosky:

It's just bizarre. How do you get soooooooo many scoring chances in Atlanta territory, and not score.

I expected a shootout. But not just one team doing all the scoring. So weird.

Hawkfin and Phillybear are breaking down tape at halftime. Bad news for the Falcons..........

I think FlaHawker is hanging from a rafter somewhere.

Seattle generating ZERO pass rush and Ryan taking multiple shots deep downfield is going to equate to a huge blowout.

Wilson and Carroll together have to be the least cerebral QB/Coach duo in the league.

Yep, I can see how you can make that point after one (admittedly terrible) half of football.

OK. Last gasp is the Seattle first drive of the 2nd half. If they don't get a TD, then I will finally admit it doesn't look good. Until then, y'all can go fock y'all.

I'll try to help the sea fans off the ledge here. yes it hurts but sea is moving the ball. 6 pnts would be wonderful for them right now at halftime and yes epic lynch fail not running him but just calm down and get a drive going. The goal is to get a fg at least to open the half. Tighten up on the deep ball a bit and this game could be tied by 4th qtr.

It's just bizarre. How do you get soooooooo many scoring chances in Atlanta territory, and not score.

and you call yourself a Seahawks fan :rolleyes:

I think FlaHawker is hanging from a rafter somewhere.

A step forward for humanity............;)

I'll try to help the sea fans off the ledge here. yes it hurts but sea is moving the ball. 6 pnts would be wonderful for them right now at halftime and yes epic lynch fail not running him but just calm down and get a drive going. The goal is to get a fg at least to open the half. Tighten up on the deep ball a bit and this game could be tied by 4th qtr.

The first half was full of mental errors, bad tackling, and wasted opportunities. No need to talk anybody off a ledge. Reality has set in.

Not really. It's called being overrated and not having a good, confident QB. This is what happens when you don't play many reams with actual good offenses.

WE!

:lol: :lol:

Well I was expecting better from the Seahawks. Game could be 20-6 right now if not for the assinine play calling.

Also real surprised that the Hawks can't do anything about the run and can't run themselves. That's the big difference right now.

I guess the silver lining here is that if Seattle comes back to win it after playing that badly, nobody is keeping them out of the Superbowl.

They'll need their best half of football this year for that to happen. Huge hill to climb but these kids have short memories.

Not really. It's called being overrated and not having a good, confident QB. This is what happens when you don't play many reams with actual good offenses.

WE!

Seattle was 5-1 vs playoff teams this year.

You are very, very stupid.

To be fair. Absolutely everything that could have gone wrong, did so. And it all happened in only a span of 30 minutes and not even over an entire game. That kind of stuff just doesn't happen, period.

Soooooo, with hopefully the bad stuff all out of the way. We're moving the ball. Now lets just get it into the endzone. We get a turnover, or a special teams play or 2, and it'll get good.

If we can hit the endzone twice, every single person in that building and on the Atlanta sideline will be going here we go again. That's when we'll have'em.

WE!

They beat the Pats tard.

WE!

Wilson is on pace for almost 300 yards passing. The run game is what separates them right now.

....clocks hit triple zeroes before half and a penalty anyway

But Mike P is a hack right?

Seattle was 5-1 vs playoff teams this year.

You are very, very stupid.

5-2 in about an hour and a half. Congratulations

5-2 in about an hour and a half. Congratulations

too lazy to check, but how many of those wins were away from the acoustically designed home field?

Hate to kick the hawks fans while they're down with an 'I told you so', but I do recall when they signed Pete I stated as a life long jets fan that you're getting a dunce. Now it's a single half of a game and his success with the team this year can't be overlooked, but Pete at the core of it is not the most competent coach. He might not be as incompetent as he was with the jets, I'll give him that, but come pressure time, you will see the deer in headlights routine from him, have no doubt. It's in his DNA, he'll never shake it. Just terrible call going for it on 4th and 1, terrible play call there on top of it, and then inexcusable at the end of the half. Sure wilson can't take a sack there but you have to, with no TOs, have a contingency plan in place. Either run your kick team out there REAL FAST, or get Wilson to throw ball into the endzone. Just terrible. And the qb is a rook so you can't lay total blame on him, on the road in a huge game, loud hostile crowd. Just terrible. I'll stand by my belief that no team with ole petey at the helm will ever win an NFL championship. Sorry brahs...

too lazy to check, but how many of those wins were away from the acoustically designed home field?

Me to. It matters not

Hate to kick the hawks fans while they're down with an 'I told you so', but I do recall when they signed Pete I stated as a life long jets fan that you're getting a dunce. Now it's a single half of a game and his success with the team this year can't be overlooked, but Pete at the core of it is not the most competent coach. He might not be as incompetent as he was with the jets, I'll give him that, but come pressure time, you will see the deer in headlights routine from him, have no doubt. It's in his DNA, he'll never shake it. Just terrible call going for it on 4th and 1, terrible play call there on top of it, and then inexcusable at the end of the half. Sure wilson can't take a sack there but you have to, with no TOs, have a contingency plan in place. Either run your kick team out there REAL FAST, or get Wilson to throw ball into the endzone. Just terrible. And the qb is a rook so you can't lay total blame on him, on the road in a huge game, loud hostile crowd. Just terrible. I'll stand by my belief that no team with ole petey at the helm will ever win an NFL championship. Sorry brahs...

TLDR

Wow, where was Miller all year? And is this gonna be a sleeper for next year

Need to come back and score 7 on this first drive to have a chance

There you go....signs of life.

Now is the Seattle defense ready to show up?

Wow. Why isn't that a Seattle TD? How lazy were the ball spotters. Yuck.

2nd Half still to go.

ugh, please.

im rooting for seattle but you can't be serious blaming the ball spotters. how do you take a sack on 3rd down there? :doh:

He's been blocking like a fiend. While he hasn't been putting up fantasy-quality stats, a lot of his cartches this year have been big ones.

Game ain't over yet guys.....

True, but this game has to be won by the hawks D. Scoring is ok, but allowing atl to respond is the killer. I always say the stop is more important than the score.

Last year and a half, he's been blocking. All of the sudden, the read option has freed him up, and the WRs aren't getting consistent separation. Wilson has found chemistry with Miller. There was speculation that Miller might be a cap casualty next year, but they can't cut him now. The guy is money.

True, but this game has to be won by the hawks D. Scoring is ok, but allowing atl to respond is the killer. I always say the stop is more important than the score.

When you're trailing in a game, I'd say both are equally important.