Sign in to follow this  
The Moz

? to ALL Laker fans,Homers,etc..........

You have maybe not the best coach of all time -- BUT the best coach of all time at coaching big time talent -- saying he WANTS to come back. The GM and owner (Who's daughter Phil is still dating) say nahhhhhhhhhhhhhh we will go go with a guy that never plays D and has never done anything before in his career to run this team that built to win it all now.

Phil Jackson wants to come back and you say no............... wow just wow

He didn't exactly jump when they offered him the gig.

Besides I enjoy watching that glory hole KobMe loose game after game.

He didn't exactly jump when they offered him the gig.

Besides I enjoy watching that glory hole KobMe loose game after game.

Maybe not jump but he made it clear he was ready AND WANTED TO RETURN. Kupchak and Buss say no thanks. A coach that has 11 titles and 5 for your own team since 00' and you don't want him back after you saw the disaster that "Rudy" was when he was there and how the team bounced back when Phil came back.

Maybe the dumbest move EVER by a NBA team.

You have maybe not the best coach of all time -- BUT the best coach of all time at coaching big time talent -- saying he WANTS to come back. The GM and owner (Who's daughter Phil is still dating engaged to) say nahhhhhhhhhhhhhh we will go go with a guy that never plays D and has never done anything before in his career to run this team that built to win it all now.

Phil Jackson wants to come back and you say no............... wow just wow

Fixed...

Telling Phil no is like James Cameron or Quentin Tarantino asking an actor to star in his movie and you say -- no thanks not interested.

Sam Bowie over Jordan in '84. :dunno:

Many teams would have gone Bowie over Jordan -- who knew MJ would be MJ at that time and Bowie had size and was a stud in college -- just got injured and never recovered. I forget who went #1 Akeem or Ewing that year but I am pretty sure they would of traded for Jordan too had they known.

Weren't they a lock for the best team if they were healthy? Wasn't there a very informative thread breaking down how they were a lock to be great?

I wasn't alone, but I have said forever that Dwight Howard may be the most overrated player in the league. He is a liability offensively and he still has the emotions and personality of a kid. He is not a dominant center.

Plus Nash was never a glorious fit with Kobe. I mean that was just clear as day.

Weren't they a lock for the best team if they were healthy? Wasn't there a very informative thread breaking down how they were a lock to be great?

I wasn't alone, but I have said forever that Dwight Howard may be the most overrated player in the league. He is a liability offensively and he still has the emotions and personality of a kid. He is not a dominant center.

He is though the best Center - well maybe the only pure center in the NBA. He's the best defensive player in the league inside - on offense he is usually alo0t better.

Phil wanted a huge chunk of change and the Lakers already owed a grip to Brown and are looking at huge luxury taxes next year.

I think it's much too early to write off the Lakers. Nash has only played a dozen games this year. Both Pau and Dwight have missed significant time too. I think we'll be ok, once the new pieces (especially Nash) start to develop some chemistry. They need to stop trying to post Howard and use him more in the pick and roll, like Nash/Amare.

While I don't think we're a title contender, we'll be dangerous come playoff time. Just my .02.

Many teams would have gone Bowie over Jordan -- who knew MJ would be MJ at that time and Bowie had size and was a stud in college -- just got injured and never recovered. I forget who went #1 Akeem or Ewing that year but I am pretty sure they would of traded for Jordan too had they known.

Bowie averaged 10 points and 9 rebounds his final season at Kentucky. Hardly a stud at the time. He was coming off a stress fracture that had cost him the TWO previous seasons. He was an injury risk BEFORE he got drafted. Jordan was the back to back Player of the Year and averaged 20 points a game. Everyone knew it was a mistake at the time. Portland passed on Jordan mostly because they had Drexler already. Olajuwon was maybe one of the 10-15 best players ever. So taking him #1 wasn't exactly a bad thing.

23 years later it happened all over again for Portland when they took Greg Oden over Kevin Durant.

Phil wanted a huge chunk of change and the Lakers already owed a grip to Brown and are looking at huge luxury taxes next year.

I think it's much too early to write off the Lakers. Nash has only played a dozen games this year. Both Pau and Dwight have missed significant time too. I think we'll be ok, once the new pieces (especially Nash) start to develop some chemistry. They need to stop trying to post Howard and use him more in the pick and roll, like Nash/Amare.

While I don't think we're a title contender, we'll be dangerous come playoff time. Just my .02.

If the Lakers even make the playoffs (might be less than a 50/50 shot right now in my opinion), I can't see them possibly being anything more than a 6th, 7th, or 8th seed. This means they would play OKC, San Antonio, or the Clippers most likely. I don't see them putting up much of a fight against any of those teams (combined 0-6 against them this season).

He is though the best Center - well maybe the only pure center in the NBA. He's the best defensive player in the league inside - on offense he is usually alo0t better.

He is perhaps the best center in he league because there are no true centers. Very few. It is a wingman league and has been for a little while now...turning into a PG league. Big men don't finish college. Big men seem to skip really developing a post game. A real post game.

All other positions have a list of 10 deep that are stars. Center has 1...and he sucks offensively.

But people acting like he was Shaq, or the Dream, or David Robinson were just being foolish. He is not that hot defensivly. Yes, he guards the rim with his height that goes along with his amazing athleticism for a big guy. But he routinely misses rotations and routinely doesn't give it 100%. When all great defenders have 100% effort in common. I have seen him miss rotation after rotation. With their size the Lakers should be much more intimidating in he paint. Defense isn't all about blocks. He is a force around the basket. But he is also out of position and doesn't want to get into the picture if he thinks there is a possibility of getting scored over.

Which is nice and all. A force? No, how can you say that. If they get in as the 8th or 7th seed they are not winning in round 1. There is nothing to say they can.

Then next year Kobe is yet another year closer to retirement. Artest is old and not an elite defender anymore. Nash is no spring chicken. Perhaps they will gel better next year, but they will also have older legs unless they bring in someone in place of Metta.

Kobe can't just carry the whole thing anymore. Even more so as years pass. Howard at some point needs to step up and dominate games. Will they even keep the coach? How can you win when you keep getting rid of coaches? How does that help a team gel?

He is perhaps the best center in he league because there are no true centers. Very few. It is a wingman league and has been for a little while now...turning into a PG league. Big men don't finish college. Big men seem to skip really developing a post game. A real post game.

All other positions have a list of 10 deep that are stars. Center has 1...and he sucks offensively.

But people acting like he was Shaq, or the Dream, or David Robinson were just being foolish. He is not that hot defensivly. Yes, he guards the rim with his height that goes along with his amazing athleticism for a big guy. But he routinely misses rotations and routinely doesn't give it 100%. When all great defenders have 100% effort in common. I have seen him miss rotation after rotation. With their size the Lakers should be much more intimidating in he paint. Defense isn't all about blocks. He is a force around the basket. But he is also out of position and doesn't want to get into the picture if he thinks there is a possibility of getting scored over.

I would even say that both Brook Lopez and Tyson Chandler have been better than Dwight Howard this season. Anderson Varejao too when he was healthy.

Currently they're 17-22 and somewhere between the 10-12 seed. Historically, the magic number for the #8 seed in the West has been 45 wins. If that holds true, they'd have to go 28-15 the rest of the way just to make the playoffs.

They're too old, slow and unathletic. Chemistry can't guard the perimeter (neither can anyone else on the Lakers). Howard has never displayed the footwork, skill set or inclination to be a consistently effective screen & roll player. Bryant's not-too-forgiving attitude tends to do nothing but get worse when things deteriorate.

In today's NBA, look at a roster and see how many guys can be effective, within their system, in multiple spots on the floor. It won't take you long to go through that exercise with the Lakers. And D'Antoni is an awful coach who got the job to appease Kobe.

They'll get slaughtered by anyone they would play if they actually got to the post season. A bad mix of stars who don't fit together. The Philadelphia Eagles of the NBA.

Quentin Tarantino asking an actor to star in his movie and you say -- no

you're calling Phil Jackson an overrated piece of ######?

I would even say that both Brook Lopez and Tyson Chandler have been better than Dwight Howard this season. Anderson Varejao too when he was healthy.

Al horford as well

I think Dwight Howard is a star, but it won't happen with the Lakers. As shocking as it seems to say, I actually see him leaving after the season.

I think Dwight Howard is a star, but it won't happen with the Lakers. As shocking as it seems to say, I actually see him leaving after the season.

not shocking at all. i think a lot of NBA insiders feel it might happen from various things i've read. Apparently he still wants to go to Brooklyn and I could also see Mark Cuban going after him big time.

not shocking at all. i think a lot of NBA insiders feel it might happen from various things i've read. Apparently he still wants to go to Brooklyn and I could also see Mark Cuban going after him big time.

There is zero chance of signing in Brooklyn unless he will play for the lower level exception. Maybe a sign and trade is possible, but I believe teams over the cap aren't even allowed to sign and trade at this point.

I'm a Dallas guy so I'm biased. But Dallas and Atlanta seem like the only real possibilities if he decides to leave LA. I dislike the guy and think he has the wherewithal of a teenager, but I obviously would love to use him to try and get Dirk another ring.

I believe Howard to be a great player with an insane ego. But he isn't a guy that you can run plays for in crunchtime and win games. Therefore what I think he needs is a team that has another star to close games, but that star has to defer to Dwight in terms of letting him seemingly be "the man". Dirk is one of the few that will do as much. Kobe definitely isn't capable of it.

The shocking or biased element of it is just saying that I think he will leave that extra year's worth of cash on the table and leave the Lakers. A. No max level player has ever left the extra cash on the table that I can recall ...B. hard to imagine anyone choosing to leave the LA or NY markets.

So yeah, I'm probably insane to get my hopes up.