Sign in to follow this  
Franknbeans

Trade Brady?

That was a good read. Why not?

I kind of liked the idea of Brady to STL for Bradford and 2 first round picks!

It does make sense, you can plug almost any QB into that team and it will still succeed. Why not get max value for him?

That is absurd. Fisher and Les Snead are too fond of Bradford. I couldn't imagine they'd part with Bradford for an aging Brady...even with no draft picks involved.

That is absurd. Fisher and Les Snead are too fond of Bradford. I couldn't imagine they'd part with Bradford for an aging Brady...even with no draft picks involved.

Ryan Mallett is better than Bradford anyway. Two years in the Patented Belisystem and no PTSD from getting shelled on a weekly basis in StL.

But.....as a Patriots fan, i could live with a trade, IF (thats a big if) the haul they got for him was huge.

Im talking Brady to the Cardinals for Fitzgerald and a few top draft picks. I think Mallett throwing to Fitzy/Welker/Gronk/Hernandez would be pretty freeking awesome.

Im talking Brady to the Browns for Richardson and a few top draft picks. I think Mallett handing the ball off to a stud RB 20 times a game would be pretty freeking awesome.

Im talking Brady to the Vikings for Harvin and few top draft picks, and probably a bit more. I think Harvin taking Wes Welkers spot would be pretty freeking awesome.

Im talking Brady to some team like the Eagles or the Jags or the Chiefs for their entire draft. Then Bill could trade back ad nauseum and by 2022 own the entire draft,.

But we all know none of this will happen. Brady is more than the Patriots QB. He is the heart and soul of that franchise. Belichick got away with trading Bledsoe because Brady was on the scene and Bledsoe never endeared himself to the fans,. If Brady got traded before he was all but washed up., there would be Mass suicide up there (you see what i did there?)

That was a good read. Why not?

Garbage piece. St. Louis would NEVER do this deal. The new owner has no intentions other than building with youth and Brady would do no better than Bradford behind our offensive line and with our group of WR's. Bradford did a nice job throwing downfield this season, which is something Brady can no longer do. It's a league wide observation that Brady has slipped for consecutive years. His arm strength isn't the same and he has, at most, two years left. Nobody is going to give up anything for Brady (he's 36!!!!) and the Patriots would NEVER trade him. Not a bad article to read, but not even remotely close to being anything that could ever happen.

Ryan Mallett is better than Bradford anyway. Two years in the Patented Belisystem and no PTSD from getting shelled on a weekly basis in StL.

But.....as a Patriots fan, i could live with a trade, IF (thats a big if) the haul they got for him was huge.

Im talking Brady to the Cardinals for Fitzgerald and a few top draft picks. I think Mallett throwing to Fitzy/Welker/Gronk/Hernandez would be pretty freeking awesome.

Im talking Brady to the Browns for Richardson and a few top draft picks. I think Mallett handing the ball off to a stud RB 20 times a game would be pretty freeking awesome.

Im talking Brady to the Vikings for Harvin and few top draft picks, and probably a bit more. I think Harvin taking Wes Welkers spot would be pretty freeking awesome.

Im talking Brady to some team like the Eagles or the Jags or the Chiefs for their entire draft. Then Bill could trade back ad nauseum and by 2022 own the entire draft,.

But we all know none of this will happen. Brady is more than the Patriots QB. He is the heart and soul of that franchise. Belichick got away with trading Bledsoe because Brady was on the scene and Bledsoe never endeared himself to the fans,. If Brady got traded before he was all but washed up., there would be Mass suicide up there (you see what i did there?)

what about Brady for Revis?

what about Brady for Revis?

No Thanks.

I'm OK with trading Brady - but like the article said, it has to be a Herschel Walker type deal - I want one+stud/proven defender that I know is a proven NFL force AND tons if draft picks - somebody's entire draft with a top10 pick in the mix.

And ideally I'd like to give Brady one more year - I think he has about 4 good ones left.

I might be OK with this. The Niners traded away Joe Montana, after all.

Brady is still a great player but his post-season performance has been strangely lacking. I'm not saying the Pats would be better of without him no matter what they get, but I do believe it's fair to question whether they can ever expect to win another ring with him at the helm. I don't think anyone would argue that his best years aren't behind him.

That said, and I know this is going to sound crazy...would the Pats really get a ton for him? I mean, yeah, he's Tom focking Brady. But he's also going to be 36 at the start of next season.

Of course, teams were falling all over themselves to sign 36 year-old Peyton Manning last off-season, and that was with him coming off neck surgery.

I dunno, maybe a team that needed to make a slash to appease the fans and/or sell tickets would be willing to make the trade. Of course you aren't going to get Brady to go to a team like Jacksonville or Cleveland. Maybe the Cowboys?

I might be OK with this. The Niners traded away Joe Montana, after all.

Brady is still a great player but his post-season performance has been strangely lacking. I'm not saying the Pats would be better of without him no matter what they get, but I do believe it's fair to question whether they can ever expect to win another ring with him at the helm. I don't think anyone would argue that his best years aren't behind him.

That said, and I know this is going to sound crazy...would the Pats really get a ton for him? I mean, yeah, he's Tom focking Brady. But he's also going to be 36 at the start of next season.

Of course, teams were falling all over themselves to sign 36 year-old Peyton Manning last off-season, and that was with him coming off neck surgery.

I dunno, maybe a team that needed to make a slash to appease the fans and/or sell tickets would be willing to make the trade. Of course you aren't going to get Brady to go to a team like Jacksonville or Cleveland. Maybe the Cowboys?

Joe Montanya was going to be 37 and was coming off of a bum elbow and the 49ers had Steve Young who had just had a couple good seasons.

The 49ers got a steal in the 18th overall pick for Montana.

You people are off your rockers if you think any team would give up much more than that for an aging QB that has choked the last few times he had a chance to win the big game.

You people are off your rockers if you think any team would give up much more than that for an aging QB that has choked the last few times he had a chance to win the big game.

see Palmer, Carson :cheers:

Joe Montanya was going to be 37 and was coming off of a bum elbow and the 49ers had Steve Young who had just had a couple good seasons.

The 49ers got a steal in the 18th overall pick for Montana.

At least Brady has gotten his team to a position where he could choke away a huge game. Many teams would kill for that kind of success. Seriously.

At least Brady has gotten his team to a position where he could choke away a huge game. Many teams would kill for that kind of success. Seriously.

That's true, we are certainly spoiled, no doubts there. Brady's best days are behind him IMHO. He's going to be 36 going into next year and he just hasn't been the same since his knee was shredded. He doesn't stand in the pocket like he used to. He doesn't have the same drive. How about that safety to start last year's super bowl? because he was afraid to take a hit.

No Thanks.

I'm OK with trading Brady - but like the article said, it has to be a Herschel Walker type deal - I want one+stud/proven defender that I know is a proven NFL force AND tons if draft picks - somebody's entire draft with a top10 pick in the mix.

And ideally I'd like to give Brady one more year - I think he has about 4 good ones left.

I think you have homer glasses on. Tom Terrific will be 36 this year and he's statistically getting worse at throwing the ball downfield from what I've read. I think the decline is under way.

I think you have homer glasses on. Tom Terrific will be 36 this year and he's statistically getting worse at throwing the ball downfield from what I've read. I think the decline is under way.

As stated one post above yours

Im not a pats fan but Brady put up MVP numbers this year and I see zero decline. A team that trades for him gets 3 good yrs of an mvp qb and I can think of at least a few teams who are a qb away from being SB favorites automatically. TEams should be throwing their first rnd picks at the pats.

Also I disagree that you can plug any qb in the offense, people just say that because of the one fluke matt cassel year, get over it. Its a bunch of white guys, only a great qb can steer that ship right now.

The Packers need a good back-up.... I'm not sold on Graham Harrell...

Would gladly give up a 5th rounder for Brady :thumbsup:

The Packers need a good back-up.... I'm not sold on Graham Harrell...

Would gladly give up a 5th rounder for Brady :thumbsup:

Hey, if you want to pay your backup $20M and can come up with the prerequisite picks, we are all ears. :lol:

Im not a pats fan but Brady put up MVP numbers this year and I see zero decline. A team that trades for him gets 3 good yrs of an mvp qb and I can think of at least a few teams who are a qb away from being SB favorites automatically. TEams should be throwing their first rnd picks at the pats.

I saw this at Rotoworld. TIFWIW

The Providence Journal suggests that Tom Brady has entered his decline phase going on age 36.

The only noticeable decline in games has been Brady's downfield passing ability, but there are stats that support this notion. Brady's 2012 completion rate was his lowest since 2006, and his YPA was his worst since 2008. In December, Brady completed only 58.5 percent with a 7.0 YPA and five interceptions. The Providence Journal suggests "reducing Brady's workload" -- lessening his pass attempts while leaning more on Stevan Ridley and Shane Vereen.

I think it would be smart if they could get something for him. You can see he doesn't like to get hit anymore it visibly rattles him and he doesn't make the clutch 2/3 plays a game that he used to in the playoffs. If your concern was the longterm health of the Patriots franchise and staying competitive for another decade then a huge deal would probably do that.

But if they want to win a superbowl in the next two years I think you have to try it with Brady and hope that he delivers one more time in the playoffs. I don't think it will happen that fire to succeed and be the best ever is gone. He has 3 superbowls, and enough numbers that he will finish as a top 5 HOF QB no matter what, $100 million contract, smoking hot wife, the respect and envy of his peers, I think he just lacks the hunger to win it all no matter what anymore.

That's true, we are certainly spoiled, no doubts there. Brady's best days are behind him IMHO. He's going to be 36 going into next year and he just hasn't been the same since his knee was shredded. He doesn't stand in the pocket like he used to. He doesn't have the same drive. How about that safety to start last year's super bowl? because he was afraid to take a hit.

I was hopeful during the regular season Texans game, when he actually took off from the pocket, ran for the first down, and got up screaming while pointing the first down sign. That was the old Brady and for a brief moment he was back.

But the old Brady sure didn't turn up against the Ravens. He made some uncharacteristic mental errors (not taking that timeout at the end of thr first half) and had a couple opportunities to run when he did not (most notably the fourth down where he threw the ball away rather than trying to pick up a couple yards on the ground).

I don't know, he's old, and while he's still a competitor, I don't think he has quite the same fire he used to have. Still a great QB but his championship days are probably over. At this point he would have to be carried there by his team, not vice-versa.