Sign in to follow this  
usnnut

Trent or Calvin?

Question...in a heavy PPR league which player would you most likely go with, Trent Richardson or Calvin Johnson? We keep 1 FRANCHISE player. Really torn between the two. Have to decide by next weekend. Start 3 RB and 3 WR so there are less RB's to go around than WR. Tell me who you would go with and why please? Thanks...

Tough tough call. How many years can you keep a player ?

I'd keep Calvin personally. His consistent 330+ pts in 1 pt PPR, and a ridiculous 150+ Targets each year.

He is 27 years old in his prime, and durable. I'd keep Calvin. Its more fun to own him.

How many teams are in the league?

I'm not the biggest Trent fanboy until I see some more film on him, didn't have a chance enough last year to form a good opinion, but I would lean him.

If there are 30 or 36 required starting running backs that pool is way shallower. You can find 36 startable ppr wrs.

How many teams are in the league?

I'm not the biggest Trent fanboy until I see some more film on him, didn't have a chance enough last year to form a good opinion, but I would lean him.

If there are 30 or 36 required starting running backs that pool is way shallower. You can find 36 startable ppr wrs.

This. I would normally say to keep the #1 WR over a #5-10 RB, but starting 3 RBs makes that position far more important.

That's a tough one. I really want to say Calvin, because he is focking awesome and Trent Richardson, well he plays for the damn Browns and honestly that 3.5 YPC from last year scares me.

BUT...when you have to start that many RBs, it's sure hard to say "go with the WR". Hell I think you almost have to go with Trent. :(

350 PTS year in year out from one slot? yes these guys have a point. But damn. how can you not take calvin? If it was any other WR i'd say take Trich.

Question...in a heavy PPR league which player would you most likely go with, Trent Richardson or Calvin Johnson? We keep 1 FRANCHISE player. Really torn between the two. Have to decide by next weekend. Start 3 RB and 3 WR so there are less RB's to go around than WR. Tell me who you would go with and why please? Thanks...

i just don't know what it is about trent ..i am just not has high on him like others ....and wow c johnson is no question the best wr ..so with that said .... trent in fftoday avg 13.6 per game last season and c j in fftoday points per game avg was 14.2 ...much closer then i would like heh... so i say take the rb less of them to go around .

• Like 1

i just don't know what it is about trent ..i am just not has high on him like others ....and wow c johnson is no question the best wr ..so with that said .... trent in fftoday avg 13.6 per game last season and c j in fftoday points per game avg was 14.2 ...much closer then i would like heh... so i say take the rb less of them to go around .

Those aren't PPR points.

If you go Calvin I woud look to follow with at least 2 rbs.

Since you have to start 3 I might also look at some possible tandem situations.

Wilson/Brown, Mccoy/Brown, ect

• Like 1

Calvin seems like a fairly easy choice to me. He only scored 5 TD's last year (an anamoly) and still outscored Richardson in PPR by almost 6 points per game. I understand that 3 RB's is deeper than some leagues and Richardson was banged up at times, but I just think Calvin is too dominant to let go as a keeper, especially in PPR leagues.

• Like 1

Initially I was going to say keep TRich since RB's are so scarce but Calvin is the #1 WR in fantasy land & that's not going to change anytime soon.

Megatron would be my choice.

• Like 1

Initially I was going to say keep TRich since RB's are so scarce but Calvin is the #1 WR in fantasy land & that's not going to change anytime soon.

Megatron would be my choice.

Yeah after looking at Calvin's stat totals, and considering his only 5 tds, I'm coming around to this.

I think I'd take Calvin and the next 2 best remaining rbs.

• Like 1

Not even a hard decision.

How often do elite WR's get hurt? How about RBs? Who have longer careers?

• Like 1

Not even a hard decision.

How often do elite WR's get hurt? How about RBs? Who have longer careers?

Excellent points

• Like 1

It's really going to depend on the size of the league.

With 12 teams, you're looking at something like Calvin / Vereen vs Richardson / R. White. I'd take the second option.

It's really going to depend on the size of the league.

With 12 teams, you're looking at something like Calvin / Vereen vs Richardson / R. White. I'd take the second option.

Yeah. We need some more info from the OP.

How many years can you keep Calvin or Trent? Indefinably or only next year?

Also do you know where you will be picking in rounds 1, 2 and 3?

• Like 1

Thanks for the advice guys. Franchise players can be kept forever. I went with Calvin. We pick draft order before our keepers so I got 2nd pick in the draft. If I would of got 7 or 8 I might have went Trent. I'm happy with my choice. I can land a beast RB with pick 2 if I choose and probably should. However, the next dilemma for me is now this though. I will pick 2 and 15. Alot of the decent RB's not franchised will come off the board quick. I think I pretty much have to select a RB or will be starting a scrub at RB3 for sure. But, the dilemma may now be Tom Brady or best RB left on the board...which will be Ray Rice, LeSean McCoy or Marshawn Lynch. We start 2 QB's, 3 RB's. Which way do you go not picking again until 15 with Calvin as franchise player. Opinions please?

Thanks for the advice guys. Franchise players can be kept forever. I went with Calvin. We pick draft order before our keepers so I got 2nd pick in the draft. If I would of got 7 or 8 I might have went Trent. I'm happy with my choice. I can land a beast RB with pick 2 if I choose and probably should. However, the next dilemma for me is now this though. I will pick 2 and 15. Alot of the decent RB's not franchised will come off the board quick. I think I pretty much have to select a RB or will be starting a scrub at RB3 for sure. But, the dilemma may now be Tom Brady or best RB left on the board...which will be Ray Rice, LeSean McCoy or Marshawn Lynch. We start 2 QB's, 3 RB's. Which way do you go not picking again until 15 with Calvin as franchise player. Opinions please?

Who are the 8 players who were kept (including Megatron)?

In a heavy PPR league I'd be inclined to pass on a quarterback but if it's 6-point passing TD's that changes things. A clear explanation of your scoring rules will help in determining what route you could/should go with your 2nd overall pick after keepers.

• Like 1

Keepers...in order the way they are picking: 1, Aaron Rodgers, 2, Calvin Johnson (me), 3, Drew Brees, 4, Adrian Peterson, 5, Matt Forte, 6, Arian Foster, 7, Cam Newton, 8, Matt Stafford. 6 pts for ANY TD. I generally pick QB's a little later, like in 5th round or so. The guy picking 1st already has Aaron Rodgers. Tom Brady will probably be there for me. I don't have a RB yet though. As much as I'll be tempted by Tom Terrific I think I need to select a RB. Tough, Tough decision.

Some good RBs there, grab one. With 8 teams, Calvin is the right call.

• Like 1

Calvin Johnson is the undisputed best receiver in football. Trent Richardson is a good RB. But he could just as easily be outside of the top 10 this as, as being in it.

• Like 1

Considering the keepers, it looks like you'll more than likely be able to reacquire TRich with your 2nd overall pick.

• Like 1

Considering the keepers, it looks like you'll more than likely be able to reacquire TRich with your 2nd overall pick.

Agreed. Martin will probably go #1 to the Rodgers owner, then you can take TRich or Charles or Spiller or McCoy or whoever you like in that tier of RB. I've never done 2QB but I'd avoid the temptation of Brady; RB will be thin by the time it rolls back to you.

• Like 1