Sign in to follow this  
The Moz

Draft disscussion

Regardless of who Moreno had to beat out to start, he played well in a year after ACL surgery too.

He gave 100% to beat out Hillman and start several games at the end of last year.

letem keep sleepn on moreno, jus like last yr. moreno costs me nothing, FCFS waiver pickup, started down the stretch, and was a reason i won.

I will be completely out of pocket Saturday. I have a Father Son Golf tourney then I am going right afterwards to the Hawks game.

skibum was here 1 1/2 or 2 hours ago and left without making a pick.

i saw that, too.

Mother Focker, this is what happens when I can't focking sit in front of a computer. McGahee released. A bunch of bullsh!t right there with me driving for 2 focking days and picking on the road. Fock Fock Fock. I cherish my running backs and that was a wasted focking pick. This week has been tooooo busy for me to do anything regarding fantasy football. I didn't even have time to read the article on fftoday about McGahee. All I saw was the headlines that he was back at practice. Now he's gone. All I can hope for is for him to join another team. Fock. And focking Holiday Inn's wifi barely worked last night. Fock that place as well. Now I'm at a SpringHill suites by Marriott. Internet access and 5 bars of wifi for 4 nights. I'm back in business. Thank gawd, that pick was my 5th rb instead of my 3rd or 4th.

I did find a lot of gold today on a positive note:)

skibum was here 1 1/2 or 2 hours ago and left without making a pick.

I had just landed at Kuala Lumpur. My laptop was in my carry on and I was waiting on my checked bags. However my checked bags arrived pretty quick.

Then it took 2 and a half hours to get from the airport to my hotel in downtown because it is rush hour traffic over here; 8:00 am.

I will be picking shortly.

i took d-bag Holmes. Despite him being slow in lisfranc recovery, he actually said good things about Sanchez and the team. I don't really care who starts at QB for them, I just feel in round 13, Holmes is worth the gamble. If he is on the field, he is the Jets most experienced WR and best play maker in the passing game. Someone capable of 70-900-6 type season. The foot worries me, but again, its round 13.

i took d-bag Holmes. Despite him being slow in lisfranc recovery, he actually said good things about Sanchez and the team. I don't really care who starts at QB for them, I just feel in round 13, Holmes is worth the gamble. If he is on the field, he is the Jets most experienced WR and best play maker in the passing game. Someone capable of 70-900-6 type season. The foot worries me, but again, its round 13.

Holmes worries me in future ff drafts as well. Why not take a chance on him this late in the draft? But I'm just not sure he's recovering too well at this point.

On a different not, I was wondering if any Jets players were going to be drafted anyway. Until further notice, that offense looks beyond horrible on paper. Ivory maybe, but the rest of the crew...NOPE

Holmes worries me in future ff drafts as well. Why not take a chance on him this late in the draft? But I'm just not sure he's recovering too well at this point.

On a different not, I was wondering if any Jets players were going to be drafted anyway. Until further notice, that offense looks beyond horrible on paper. Ivory maybe, but the rest of the crew...NOPE

yeah i mean, I was glad to land DX as my WR3 after focusing more on RB early and drafting 2 QB's in the first 9 rounds. So I knew I would be a little thin at WR. But the nice thing is waiver WRs pop up each year.

I'm hoping Holmes can be ready for week 1 or at least within the first month of the season and if so, he can be useful to me. I Like the combo of Hopkins and Holmes on my bench but i'll obviously be hawking the wire once the season begins

As for the Jets, I don't think things can be worse than last year. the Tebow distraction is gone, their RT and LG spots are upgraded. Austin played far better than Wayne Hunter. Ivory is a much more dynamic back than Shonn Greene was. Holmes should be back and Hill has a year under his belt. Its going to depend on the QB but whoever it is literally cant play worse than Sanchize did last year.

I am keeping a spreadsheet of all the picks by draft order, and by franchise owner. Will share with the group when were done. I might fall behind but will finish it when the draft ends or close to it. Will post everyone's team on the main bored when were done if no one objects. I can e-mail it to anyone who wants it too, preferably when it's all done though.

yeah i mean, I was glad to land DX as my WR3 after focusing more on RB early and drafting 2 QB's in the first 9 rounds. So I knew I would be a little thin at WR. But the nice thing is waiver WRs pop up each year.

I'm hoping Holmes can be ready for week 1 or at least within the first month of the season and if so, he can be useful to me. I Like the combo of Hopkins and Holmes on my bench but i'll obviously be hawking the wire once the season begins

As for the Jets, I don't think things can be worse than last year. the Tebow distraction is gone, their RT and LG spots are upgraded. Austin played far better than Wayne Hunter. Ivory is a much more dynamic back than Shonn Greene was. Holmes should be back and Hill has a year under his belt. Its going to depend on the QB but whoever it is literally cant play worse than Sanchize did last year.

I think it can be worse for the Jets. Their defense is going to need to score 2 TDs a game

I am going to be fishing all day tomorrow on an ocean pier. The pier is not connected to land, a boat has to take you out to it, it is in the middle of the bay.

Link to the pier's website:

http://kelongpozi.blogspot.com/

Last time I was in Malaysia i went fishing in the rainforest, but I was skunked, I didnt even get a hit. Hopefully tomorrow I have better luck.

I am going to be fishing all day tomorrow on an ocean pier. The pier is not connected to land, a boat has to take you out to it, it is in the middle of the bay.

Link to the pier's website:

http://kelongpozi.blogspot.com/

Last time I was in Malaysia i went fishing in the rainforest, but I was skunked, I didnt even get a hit. Hopefully tomorrow I have better luck.

sounds awesome! have fun

I think it can be worse for the Jets. Their defense is going to need to score 2 TDs a game

it could very well be exactly the same i just cant see a scenario where it could be worse than the debacle that was 2012

i've been looking at S Holmes for a bit, and just couldn't pull the trigger... between the team sucking, and his slow-healing lis franc fracture, i just wasn't seeing him having much upside.

he has enough talent to be a FF #2/3 WR - but there were just too many question marks for me.

Good pick there Joc. I was evenly split between Alshon Jeffrey and AJ Jenkins. You made that decision much easier for me.

so who is going to take the first crack at team rankings? i'm dying to see who'll be the first person to have me ranked in the bottom 4 or 5 teams, as i am annually....

:headbanger:

so who is going to take the first crack at team rankings? i'm dying to see who'll be the first person to have me ranked in the bottom 4 or 5 teams, as i am annually....

:headbanger:

I would say IMO the best team is BB06 and WW and ahill battle for the worst team title. I basically have most in between basically equal

:D I'm not thrilled with my team but I see a handful worse

solid pick LBH. i meant to take Randle earlier this round, but was going from memory and wound up taking Quick instead... i have Randle in one of my auction keepers for super cheap, and think he'll become a solid commodity either when Nicks gets hurt this year, or when he leaves town next year. Kid looks to be just as good as Nicks...

solid pick LBH. i meant to take Randle earlier this round, but was going from memory and wound up taking Quick instead... i have Randle in one of my auction keepers for super cheap, and think he'll become a solid commodity either when Nicks gets hurt this year, or when he leaves town next year. Kid looks to be just as good as Nicks...

As a Giants fan, I agree with this completely If this was a dynasty league, I'd have snatched him up quickly! However, he won't see the starting lineup until Nicks gets hurt and the Giants don't run many 3 WR sets.

Can't understand How Nicks is still a starter honestly - the kid literally has hands of stone. I swear he has an allergy to pigskin

Can't understand How Nicks is still a starter honestly - the kid literally has hands of stone. I swear he has an allergy to pigskin

Over his first four years he's aveeraged 64 rec 930 yards and 7 TDs a season even with the injuries. Give all of my WR hands of stone :music_guitarred:

I've watched every single Giants game sine he was drafted, and I would love it if every receiver on the team had his hands. The guy has hamstrings made fusilli pasta, but he has good hands.

Nice pick bb. I had him targeted this round

Thanks. I think he's poised to breakout this year.

STARTING LINEUP and PROJECTIONS

QB - Peyton Manning 5,011/41tds

RB - Jamaal Charles 2,250 total yards 11 td's

RB - CJ2K 1900 total yards 8 td's

RB - Frank Gore 1537 total yards 11 td's

WR - Mike Wallace 81/1389/9

WR - Eric Decker 75/1111/10

WR - Mike Williams 77/1050/7

TE - Jared Cook 67/925/6

DEF

K

Damn my predictions look scary good on paper. You all are focked!

TE - Jared Cook 67/925/6

DEF

K

The only one with a chance to hit any of those numbers is Peyton.

TE - Jared Cook 67/925/6

DEF

K

wow, your guys all look to be putting almost exactly HALF of what my guys are projected to put up this year...

:shocking: :o :music_guitarred:

I just looked at my team on paper

Brady - 6050 yards pa 65 TD's

Rice - 1800 yds rushing 100 rec 16 total TD's

Ridley 1200 yds ru 25 TD's

Marshall - 150 rec 1900 yds 19 TD's

White - 120 rec. 1700 yds 15 TD's

Smith - 90 rec 1850 yds 14 TD's

Austin - 90 rec 1900 yds 10 TD's

Olsen - 85 rec 1200 yds 18 TD's

I might have a decent year

I sent 2 picks to jocstrap, but maybe I should also send them to Moz, I pick twice before those 2 pick and nobody is trading.

Not really giving anything away and I will be gone for a while.

The only one with a chance to hit any of those numbers is Peyton.

Really? I'm going with 4 out of 8 of those

Anyway, what fun is it to predict the low range of fantasy football players?

Didn't Heath Miller's leg just about fall off? :shocking:

Didn't Heath Miller's leg just about fall off? :shocking:

yeah i think so

i think i have room on my squad for 1 more RB... 6 ain't enough...

McCoy

DMC

Ball

Pead

DWil

R. Williams..

Hmm four more rounds with rounds 17 and 18 designated defense and kicker. So two more real picks. Decisions decisions