Sign in to follow this  
rallo

Players you are willing to reach on?

QBs

Drew Brees QB NO ADP 3.01 - To me there is no way Brees makes near the mid 2nd round of most drafts. For me the 2nd Tier RBs and WRs can't give you the almost automatic production that Brees gives you. I know a lot of people might flame here for saying that Brees will go late 1st round to mid 2nd round, but that's where i will probably be selecting him. (In all of my leagues for the last few years the champion has had an ELITE qb... Rodgers and Brees are the only two that fit this bill IMO)

WRs

Calvin Johnson WR DET ADP 1.08 - I don't know if you can call it a 'reach', but if i have a pick after 1.03 i will be selecting megatron. I don't want to risk it on the Jamaal Charles' and the CJ Spillers of the world. To me you can get almost the same value at RB in later rounds...

RBs

Andre Brown RB NYG ADP 7.07 - I know Wilson had a great second half of last season, but i'm still not sold on him. Coughlin won't tolerate any fumbles or mixed blocking assignments with a hard running Andre Brown on the bench. If i had a mid to late 6th round pick and Brown was there... i don't think that i could help myself

LeVeon Bell RB Pitt ADP 4.05 - This is either the year that Pitt loses relevance or the year that they get back to what they are good at... running the ball then taking advantage of the play action pass. My guess is on the 2nd choice. I really like bell in this offense, and am excited to see how the steelers feature him in the preseason. I know there is still some competition in Pitt, but i think Bell comes out on top.

Others

QB Tony Romo DAL ADP 8.01

WR Michael Floyd ARI ADP 11.04

WR Justin Blackmon JAC ADP 10.10

RB Alfred Morris WAS ADP 1.11

WR Brandon Marshall CHI ADP 2.06

Mike Williams - WR37 in the 7th or 8th round. In three seasons, he's finished WR11, WR50, and WR18, and caught 65, 63, and 63 passes. I'll gladly take him a round early.

Ryan Broyles - WR57 in the 12th/13th round. Titus Young is gone and Broyles has a shot at seeing the 2nd most targets on the team. This guy will be on every one of my teams this year.

Bryce Brown - RB40 in the 9th round. If you don't watch much college football you might underestimate how much Chip Kelly wants to run the ball. Oregon RBs--just the RBs!--had an absurd 630 carries in 13 games last season. Some of that is just late work in college blowouts, but his system still can produce staggering volume. The Eagles are certainly going to have 450+ rushes from their RBs and I think there's a good chance they hit 500. Brown is a flex option on draft day who could evolve into an RB2 if Kelly's offense works at the pro level, and has RB1 upside as a handcuff. Plus player all around, worth taking in the 8th.

I'm talking Jamaal Charles at 1.02. Some would call that a reach, but I can easily see him getting back to where he was in 2010. Dude had 1700 APY last year, in an offense that was absolutely atrocious. Combine that with Andy Reid at the helms, he'll likely be a top 3 RB in most formats.

I'm talking Jamaal Charles at 1.02. Some would call that a reach, but I can easily see him getting back to where he was in 2010. Dude had 1700 APY last year, in an offense that was absolutely atrocious. Combine that with Andy Reid at the helms, he'll likely be a top 3 RB in most formats.

i know wat u did here. im watchn u.

here's a few good value guys i think, not necessarily reaches.

mendy is zona @ rb28 seems like a good value for a starter.

stacy @ rb47 seems low. i think he's the guy there by midseason, maybe earlier.

woodhead @ rb50 seems low. i think he outperforms that pretty easily. no reason to trust matthews.

eli manning @ qb13 is good value. could easily be top10 qb had pretty late after some trendy guys.

tannehill @ qb24 is crazy.

torrey smith and garcon should be good #2wr for you that you can have at the back end of the #2 Wr tier that will ouperform their adp i think. i like desean jackson here, too.

little later on, i like kendall wright as a guy that'll fill a #3wr spot for u pretty cheap, too.

Good list

Add Cecil Shorts

love shorts again this year... i mentioned he and edelman in another thread, and for some reason didn't include them here, but both will be steals IMO

Mike Williams - WR37 in the 7th or 8th round. In three seasons, he's finished WR11, WR50, and WR18, and caught 65, 63, and 63 passes. I'll gladly take him a round early.

Ryan Broyles - WR57 in the 12th/13th round. Titus Young is gone and Broyles has a shot at seeing the 2nd most targets on the team. This guy will be on every one of my teams this year.

This is very good advice... i always tend to undervalue mike williams, didn't know that he has finished as a top 20 WR two out of the last three years. Broyles could also be good if healthy

torrey smith and garcon should be good #2wr for you that you can have at the back end of the #2 Wr tier that will ouperform their adp i think. i like desean jackson here, too.

little later on, i like kendall wright as a guy that'll fill a #3wr spot for u pretty cheap, too.

Garcon could definitely put up a solid year, the injury scares me a little bit, but he has an incredibly high ceiling

This is very good advice... i always tend to undervalue mike williams, didn't know that he has finished as a top 20 WR two out of the last three years. Broyles could also be good if healthy

Garcon could definitely put up a solid year, the injury scares me a little bit, but he has an incredibly high ceiling

well, he had the foot thing late last yr wen he came back.

ppr down the stretch, once they decided to test the foot. had a dud 1st wk back(wk11). yeah, im throwing out those early wks, but ill selectively use the stats to point out he had a 23pt gm in wk1.

wk12: 4/86/1td(56yd)7ydrushing= 21.4pts

wk13: 8/106/1td(8yd)= 24.6pts

wk14: 5/83/1td(11yd) 2ydrushing= 19.6pts

wk15: 6/65= 12.5pts

wk16: 7/89= 15.9pts

that's pretty good numbers.

so, let's look forward a little. couple random and rambling thoughts.

the skins hit a ton of long balls last yr, compared to previous yrs, dont see that changing, its a positive bi-product of what they do and they should continue to have success with going forward. this is where i think garcon's bread will be buttered.

the offense returns basically intact, with frd davis back and healthy to keep the LBs occupied, maybe a safety occasionally. that helps, they didnt have him much last yr.

bobby griff likely will continue to extend plays outside of the design of the offense, that bodes well for the deep ball. i sorta pciture a big ben situation, where wallace benefitted from him @ QB.

having a top 5 offense and the best running gm in football will help with the play action, too. that looks to be there again.

robinson will get his on deep shots, not enough to cut into garcon's value tho.

wat about santana? he was on the field about what 30% of the snaps? that's not going up at this point in his career so who can step up? not a lot in the cubbard behind garcon, they really need him. this is not lost on all involved.

the skins will rely heavily on garcon.

i think he stays on the field and has made the decision that without surgery this is a part of his career going forward, he'll have to manage it. i think that still equates to great value where he's being drafted and a healthy enough garcon to be one of the best #2 wrs any FF team/owner could have in their lineup.

my apologies in advance for my spelling and grammar.

well, he had the foot thing late last yr wen he came back.

ppr down the stretch, once they decided to test the foot. had a dud 1st wk back(wk11). yeah, im throwing out those early wks, but ill selectively use the stats to point out he had a 23pt gm in wk1.

wk12: 4/86/1td(56yd)7ydrushing= 21.4pts

wk13: 8/106/1td(8yd)= 24.6pts

wk14: 5/83/1td(11yd) 2ydrushing= 19.6pts

wk15: 6/65= 12.5pts

wk16: 7/89= 15.9pts

that's pretty good numbers.

so, let's look forward a little. couple random and rambling thoughts.

the skins hit a ton of long balls last yr, compared to previous yrs, dont see that changing, its a positive bi-product of what they do and they should continue to have success with going forward. this is where i think garcon's bread will be buttered.

the offense returns basically intact, with frd davis back and healthy to keep the LBs occupied, maybe a safety occasionally. that helps, they didnt have him much last yr.

bobby griff likely will continue to extend plays outside of the design of the offense, that bodes well for the deep ball. i sorta pciture a big ben situation, where wallace benefitted from him @ QB.

having a top 5 offense and the best running gm in football will help with the play action, too. that looks to be there again.

robinson will get his on deep shots, not enough to cut into garcon's value tho.

wat about santana? he was on the field about what 30% of the snaps? that's not going up at this point in his career so who can step up? not a lot in the cubbard behind garcon, they really need him. this is not lost on all involved.

the skins will rely heavily on garcon.

i think he stays on the field and has made the decision that without surgery this is a part of his career going forward, he'll have to manage it. i think that still equates to great value where he's being drafted and a healthy enough garcon to be one of the best #2 wrs any FF team/owner could have in their lineup.

my apologies in advance for my ###### spelling and grammar.

:thumbsup: nice analysis... will deifinitely be taking a hard look at garcon... can't imagine if you could get him at the end of the 5th as your WR3.

It looks like he won't skip a beat with Cousins (if Griffin III can't go, or season is cut short by injury). In week 14 he caught a TD pass from Cousins (who came in after RGIII had a concussion) and then had 6 receptions for 65 yards the next week. (when cousins started)

porque?

Its toxic to my on going draft with a bunch of fftoday dues :doh:

I've been crunching some numbers, and i recently turned my view to redzone targets thru week 16. Some folks in the top 20 may surprise you...

25 Targets = A.J. Green

24 Targets = Eric Decker

22 Targets = Demaryius Thomas, Julio Jones

21 Targets = Vincent Jackson, Roddy White, Marques Colston, James Jones

20 Targets = Victor Cruz, Heath Miller, Wes Welker

19 Targets = Calvin Johnson, Larry Fitzgerald, Brandon Lloyd, Hakeem Nicks, Darren Sproles

18 Targets = Stevie Johnson, Reggie Wayne, Brandon Marshall, Donnie Avery

Just some thoughts

AJ Green is a stud and will be getting first round consideration from me...

I was very surpirsed to see Brandon Lloyd on this list, i wonder if that Pats will re-sign him now their current situation at TE mixed with edelman as their #2 and amendola (who needs to learn the offense) at #1... Lloyd could definitely be worth a late round flyer at this point.

Where will all of the redzone targets go in Denver? They should be an offensive juggernaut, but who reaps the benefits (other than manning)

Donnie Avery shocked me on this list... with him out of the picture and Brazill having troubles. TY Hilton should get even more of a bump this coming year.

James Jones is the only packer on the list... I realize Jordy and Jennings were both hurt last year, but this year seems as cloudy as ever. Cobb is the defacto stud per a lot of people around here, but i look for Jordy to regain his health and reap the benefits this year.

Stevie Johnson... i know he has QB ?s and a nagging groin injury, but he still runs good routes, and his ADP is mid 8th round... he just might be a WR4 who could put up WR2 ish numbers for you...

Stevie had a fracture in the lumbar area. Although not as serious as a disk injury, you have to hope it heals completely and will hold up when the hits come. I passed on him in the recent startup dynasty draft as back injuries scare me.

Stevie had a fracture in the lumbar area. Although not as serious as a disk injury, you have to hope it heals completely and will hold up when the hits come. I passed on him in the recent startup dynasty draft as back injuries scare me.

It's def a concern. He was sitting out for a while. I don't agree with Rotoworld that it's necessarily a dead issue but he's seems to be back at practice at least.

Stevie Johnson (back) was a full participant in Bills OTAs Tuesday.
Johnson returned to practice last week, but was limited to individual drills. Per BuffaloBills.com, Johnson "(wasn't) shy about turning and contorting his body to adjust to passes." His back injury is a dead issue. May 28 - 9:38 PM

David Wilson - I was going to take him at 3.6 and thought that was a reach until someone took him at 3.3 ahead of me :(

David Wilson - I was going to take him at 3.6 and thought that was a reach until someone took him at 3.3 ahead of me :(

Is this a joke or do you not know what "reach" means. Some players that I will take before their normal ADP would be Murray, V. Davis, Decker, Bryce Brown, and D-X.

Is this a joke or do you not know what "reach" means. Some players that I will take before their normal ADP would be Murray, V. Davis, Decker, Bryce Brown, and D-X.

in his defense and to help provide some perspective, the draft he's ref was few wks back. back then, wilson's adp hadn't started to push skyward.

edit: oh, moz knows what reaches are, trust me.

he jus misses a lot.

Darren Sproles, Kenny Britt, Vincent Brown, Jermichael Finley, Owen Daniels, Joe Flacco, Eli Manning and Sydney Rice