Sign in to follow this  
Mikeyvee034

Best Back Up RB

Handcuffs aside meaning someone who will gets carries weekly without needing an injury?

Andre Brown seems like a strong candidate.

You could throw Pierce and Hunter in the mix as well.

Exactly who I was thinking. I was just looking for confirmation!

Bryce Brown, Bernard Pierce, Ben Tate, Andre Brown... the Killer B's

Bryce brown will for sure in fact shady seems to alway be hurt and Brown is a monster. I know it's only high school but check out his youtube video of his high school high lights it looks ridiculous. he is 230 pounds and run a sub 4.40 40 yard dash. That just spells freak all over it. And chip kelly is a run first guy who will slit the carries. Broen with his combination of being able to smash people meaning he can break not one but two and three and even four tackles on one play and then out run the rest. I wouldn't be surpirsed if come next year we are talking about him in the first 2 riounds.

What you would be looking for is a player that can step in and take the position of an RB1. There are a few backups that have the skills and situation to make this happen. Here is my list as most valuable based off of talent, situation, and health of RB ahead of them.

Ben Tate

Bryce Brown

Shane Vereen- Big time lottery ticket. If Ridley goes down he could take over the entire backfield and become a top 5 back.

Bernard Pierce

Fred Jackson

Mark Ingram

Joseph Randle- Not much talk of him but could be a deep sleeper if DeMarco Murry goes down.

Not sure if M. Bush qualifies as a handcuff or not. Either way, he deserves some sort of discussion in this thread. Dude should be starting somewhere for some team.

Another great back guy who I might even like the best out of all of them because the guy infront of him is made of glass is none other than Danny Woodhead. I could see him as a huge sleeper. He is second in line behind the chronically injured Mathews. And even if Mathews stays healthy by some miracle Woodhead will still be a decent play because he will be used a lot like Welker was or Sporles is partially as a wr. SD is hurting for WRs so I have a feeling they plug him in the slot when he is not in the backfield. Point is don't be surprised if he doesn't leave the field as often as most might think. Plus a lot of people don't realize just how fast Woodhead is. He's fast. Really fast. Do you guys realize he runs a 4.33 40 yard dash and small as he is he's no push over when it comes to breaking tackles.

Watch Woodhead go ahead and break off 1,000 yards rushing. I wouldn't be shocked in the slightest.

a brown

love the Vereen/Woodhead picks up in here.

one guy who will start the season as 'backup', but who will be tearing it up come midseason, is Giovani Bernard. i'm targeting him in every draft, and will certainly reach, if need be.

hell,if i can snag all 3 (Vereen/Bernard/Woodhead) we talkin' SCORE.

I AM SOMEWHAT NEW POSTER GUY!!1!

Bernard Peice and Andre Brown both look awesome but they seem to be made of glasss as well. Thiee durability would lead me to pass on them. Or if I did draft them cheap I'd try and trade them once they had a big game because I see both getting hurt again this year. I would target the likes of Bryce Brown and Woodhead over all other back ups Bernard a great pick I don't consider a back up i think he will start.

Bernard Peice and Andre Brown both look awesome but they seem to be made of glasss as well. Thiee durability would lead me to pass on them. Or if I did draft them cheap I'd try and trade them once they had a big game because I see both getting hurt again this year. I would target the likes of Bryce Brown and Woodhead over all other back ups Bernard a great pick I don't consider a back up i think he will start.

Pierce played in all 16 regular season games last season, as well as 4 playoff games. In college he ran the ball more that 230 times his freshman and junior season, and 170-ish times his sophomore season. Yes he nursed an ankle injury the second half of last season, but what NFL RB isnt dinged up then. Plus he played through it, and played well. (120 yds week 15, 90 yds week 16, over 100 yds in the WC playoff game) The guy is hardly made of glass.

Tate and Joseph Randle. And whoever backs up McInjured.

Joseph Randle should probably be on most fantasy rosters, because Murray won't last a month.