Sign in to follow this  
Voltaire

Cult Classic League needs two owners (free Geek League)

Is that strangrlove dude even around?

On Aug 27, 2013, at 12:16 AM, XXX <XXX@hotmail.com> wrote:

Tommy,

The draft has started now and it's reached your pick.

I didn't turn on the draft clock for round one. As you have the last pick of the round, the clock starts with the pick after yours. As you pick will be eight hours, so check in frequently.

Jeff

-------

I'm out of town on vacation with spotty wifi but will do my best!

Tommy

----

Saw that you picked someone for me. That's fine. I would like Zach Sudfield if he is available and I can draft.

Tommy

On Aug 27, 2013, at 12:16 AM, Jeff Harpe <harpedc@hotmail.com> wrote:

Tommy,

The draft has started now and it's reached your pick.

I didn't turn on the draft clock for round one. As you have the last pick of the round, the clock starts with the pick after yours. As you pick will be eight hours, so check in frequently.

Jeff

-------

I'm out of town on vacation with spotty wifi but will do my best!

Tommy

----

Saw that you picked someone for me. That's fine. I would like Zach Sudfield if he is available and I can draft.

Tommy

Too bad I drafted him. I almost quit when I saw Volty gave Woods to Erosion. It seems like every year, something happens in this draft to fock me. I wanted Woods bad.

alsonotreally about the quitting, but fock.

not sure why even give someone a player. we have plenty of time and most owners are only drafting 4-5 rounds anyway

Too bad I drafted him. I almost quit when I saw Volty gave Woods to Erosion. It seems like every year, something happens in this draft to fock me. I wanted Woods bad.

alsonotreally about the quitting, but fock.

Although I gave him the top WR on my board, I thought I was dicking him over. I already thought I was punishing him enough by not giving him Christine Michael who's about a bazillion times better. I had a five alarm fire going for that guy.

Sadly, my nefarious plot to get Michael onto my team was thwarted by an alert mmm....beer.

Although I gave him the top WR on my board, I thought I was dicking him over. I already thought I was punishing him enough by not giving him Christine Michael who's about a bazillion times better. I had a five alarm fire going for that guy.

Sadly, my nefarious plot to get Michael onto my team was thwarted by an alert mmm....beer.

At what height and weight do you think Michael stopped having to deal with people making fun of his name?

At what height and weight do you think Michael stopped having to deal with people making fun of his name?

Never. He's probably still dealing with it today. His parents were expecting a girl and didn't have a viable alternative for a boys name.

I tell you what though, If he plays for the next ten years like he's played for the last three weeks, there may well be a run of boys named Christine in the near future.

When I was a kid, there was a song about "A Boy Named Sue". And now the Lions have a player with that name.

I see I'm going to have to reach deeply into my bag of tricks to pull out a 4th/5th/and 6th rounders. It seemed like a good idea at the time since my roster was so packed, but I now see it was a bad idea to trade away my draft picks. Watching Christine Michael roll right through 1.12 was painful. Brutal.

Meanwhile, the FA wire will never be the same with 15 Sux players replaced by 15 that would have otherwise been there.

Never. He's probably still dealing with it today. His parents were expecting a girl and didn't have a viable alternative for a boys name.

I tell you what though, If he plays for the next ten years like he's played for the last three weeks, there may well be a run of boys named Christine in the near future.

When I was a kid, there was a song about "A Boy Named Sue". And now the Lions have a player with that name.

Would you rather be called Christine or Barkevious?

Would you rather be called Christine or Barkevious?

Barkevious by far. You can get into an ivy league school with that name without even worrying about them reading the rest of your application.

Soooooooooooooo, in my main money league, there used to be this guy who was an attention like GFIAFP. I actually picture GFIAFP looking and behaving like him. For years, he would tell us he was leaving the pool and then come back as soon as someone would ask. It just got more and more silly and we got sick of it. He started telling us he had this life threatening brain disease and telling us his treatments were expensive (hint, hint....give me money) One of the other owners told us he had $$ (betting) issues and not a disease and to not give him money as he would just burn through it. At that point, we were well beyond the point where we cared so without him knowing it, we lined up a guy to take over his team. And then about three years ago, he told us he was leaving, predictably, and no one said a word. Then we told him thanks and it's been a slice and that we just happened to have an owner to take over.

Just found out the guy committed suicide. Dayum. Not sure how to feel right now.

Soooooooooooooo, in my main money league, there used to be this guy who was an attention ###### like GFIAFP. I actually picture GFIAFP looking and behaving like him. For years, he would tell us he was leaving the pool and then come back as soon as someone would ask. It just got more and more silly and we got sick of it. He started telling us he had this life threatening brain disease and telling us his treatments were expensive (hint, hint....give me money) One of the other owners told us he had $$ (betting) issues and not a disease and to not give him money as he would just burn through it. At that point, we were well beyond the point where we cared so without him knowing it, we lined up a guy to take over his team. And then about three years ago, he told us he was leaving, predictably, and no one said a word. Then we told him thanks and it's been a slice and that we just happened to have an owner to take over.

Just found out the guy committed suicide. Dayum. Not sure how to feel right now.

Ran out of money to bet most likely. A bad gambling run will wipe out your assets. By the sound of it, may well have run out of friends too.

Bump.

I've got another opening for anybody besides FlaHawker that wants in. Actually two but one will be filled by tikigods who hasn't chosen a team yet. The two availiable are Dr. Strangelove and mmm...beer's Riddle of Steel. http://www14.myfantasyleague.com/2013/home/13762#0

Is the league free?

Yes. Free.

I'd as soon say it was totally free, but there's a caveat.

The host site must be paid for. Originally, I set it up at MFL because I had intended that first year to have two conferences with 28 teams. None of the free sites offer that format. But when the other conference fell through, we didn't need a pay site. I have intended to move it both of the last two off-seasons but have been overridden by the league. Folks love MFL and want to stay there and are willing to chip in to keep it there.

Pretty focking sad we have to replace owners in the middle of the season. :thumbsdown: :thumbsdown: :thumbsdown: :thumbsdown:

Yes. Free.

I'd as soon say it was totally free, but there's a caveat.

The host site must be paid for. Originally, I set it up at MFL because I had intended that first year to have two conferences with 28 teams. None of the free sites offer that format. But when the other conference fell through, we didn't need a pay site. I have intended to move it both of the last two off-seasons but have been overridden by the league. Folks love MFL and want to stay there and are willing to chip in to keep it there.

I do not love MFL. It's confusing and laid out like a 4th grader made it. And it's nearly impossible to use with a touchscreen.

But whatever. I go where the herd goes.

Pretty focking sad we have to replace owners in the middle of the season. :thumbsdown: :thumbsdown: :thumbsdown: :thumbsdown:

In less than a season I am the fifth longest tenured owner in the league :thumbsup:

I do not love MFL. It's confusing and laid out like a 4th grader made it. And it's nearly impossible to use with a touchscreen.

But whatever. I go where the herd goes.

Things can be modified with templates and some CSS knowledge...

In less than a season I am the fifth longest tenured owner in the league :thumbsup:

It's focking pathetic how these focking D-bags pull this shtt. Hell, one jackass just joined the league this year already b!tched out like some focking Nancy boy. :thumbsdown: :thumbsdown: :thumbsdown:

I think everyone left because you are such a dooshbag gocolts. There's no other reasonable explanation.

Also.. can someone... ANYONE... give me a bit of corroboration that 29 Guests has been absolutely trolling this league for 3 years? Anyone? Last year he outright dropped ADP. HE DROPPED ADP. DROPPED. This year he had the #2 overall draft pick and took Mark Sanchez. And he already had Tom Brady and another QB on his roster that was a guaranteed start and was not nearly as awful as Sanchez was. What is the most bizarre and confusing chain of events is that he seems to play on the waiver wire every single week. So he is either someone who has invested way too much time into trolling this league, or he is the worst FF player in the history of the world. I don't even know what to think because it is hard for me to believe that someone is actually that stupid.

As for all the people not showing up... I've tamed a bit because I feel you could be talking about me at any point in time. I actually didn't submit a lineup once this year and I had a player on bye but luckily I still won.

Is this where we talk smack and post dancing bananas and stuff?

It looks like you got in. :doublethumbsup:

It's focking pathetic how these focking D-bags pull this shtt. Hell, one jackass just joined the league this year already b!tched out like some focking Nancy boy. :thumbsdown: :thumbsdown: :thumbsdown:

What's really sad is that I didn't even know there were issues with those guys. I have a sh!tty team, but manage to be around enough to set a lineup and attempt to be competitive. I had no idea people had bailed mid-season.