Sign in to follow this  
Blitzen

Dwyer has been cut

What?! He looked the best out of the RBs. I have no clue what they are doing with that backfield now.

Guessing Bell is doing well.

I may be moving Bell back up my board in my keeper draft. It's in an hour or so. I had originally taken him off until the tenth or later, but maybe I will be targeting him a bit earlier.

Apparently Dwyer was fat and didn't practice very hard. But I agree, he looked the best out of the Pitt backs after Bell got hurt and this move is surprising.

Apparently Dwyer was fat and didn't practice very hard. But I agree, he looked the best out of the Pitt backs after Bell got hurt and this move is surprising.

Actually, Dwyer came to camp in the best shape he's been in. However, this backfield is a muddy mess until Bell gets back in a couple of weeks and should be avoided.

I went back and looked at 16 team draft I was in, Dwyer was a late 6th round pick. Big time wasted pick now...but not by me thankfully!

I don't get it. Maybe PITT can't see past his size, but he is clearly the best back outside of a healthy Bell. Dryer might be slow and prodding, but he gets you 3-5 yards with most touches. Redman is not the answer.

I may be moving Bell back up my board in my keeper draft. It's in an hour or so. I had originally taken him off until the tenth or later, but maybe I will be targeting him a bit earlier.

He went in the ninth round. I was hoping to get him in the tenth which is where you can have your second keeper, 10th or later. Unless something catastrophic happens I am keeping Spiller again next year in the eighth. Would have loved to potentially pair him with Bell in the tenth. Fockers like to use their brain while drafting.

A few questions about L. Bell:

anyone care to speculate when he returns? Week ___ ?

when he does return, assuming he's near 100%, is he a 3-down back?

how many touches do you see him getting each game?

A few questions about L. Bell:

anyone care to speculate when he returns? Week ___ ?

when he does return, assuming he's near 100%, is he a 3-down back?

how many touches do you see him getting each game?

I took a flier on Bell in one of my leagues but don't have high hopes for him. I think he will miss the first 4 games. I wasn't that impressed with his running in college and foot sprains normally sap a players explosiveness when they return (see McFadden, Muarry, MJD). He was billed as a 3 down back. I'd expect him to get 15-19 total touches but don't know that he has the explosiveness to make much of it. I'd say pre-injury he was only slightly more talented than Dwyer.