Sign in to follow this  
American Chewy

Mike Williams

Took him 8.04 in a .5ppr redraft as my wr3 with only the intention of starting him on byes or for injuries but the more I've looked at him the more I think he's an every week flex starter for me. probably based more on my own team, but, as I'm sure its been discussed here during the preseason at some point, he finished very strong the last 5 games of last season and ended up top 20 in all scoring formats for the season. it was his 3rd season last year and I think the light did come on and he was able, despite erratic qb play, to put up solid numbers.

since he only caught half of his targets (was 21st in wr targets) its conceivable with any kind of improved qb play (fairly big ?) he should in the least put up wr2 numbers. his stats were td heavy but anyone think he won't remain a top rz threat with vjax drawing top coverage and no te or 3rd wr to steal many looks he could easily duplicate it.

I think he'll outperform vjax as he did for the 2nd half of last season and end up great value for where he's drafted. also I think I read somewhere this is a contract year for him?

thoughts? anyone going with him this week?

He is underrated, but I have a hard time ranking him above a WR4 or 5. I drafted him on one team as my 6th and on another, I got him on waivers to replace my #5 when Denario Alexander got hurt.

He is underrated, but I have a hard time ranking him above a WR4 or 5. I drafted him on one team as my 6th and on another, I got him on waivers to replace my #5 when Denario Alexander got hurt.

What kind of league do you play in to get him on waivers? :dunno:

He is sensitive about his 6 team league. He is going to be mad now, way ta go.

But his 4 sisters and mom are really good at fantasy. :music_guitarred:

Best one in the world. The World Championship of Fantasy.

Let it go guy. Otherwise I will bring out the howitzers.

seems like half the threads on here dissolve into ragging on the guy who got a player at a ridiculous spot. i think I've just become numb to them and ignore them.

I had him ranked higher than most people, but I just didn't draft him for some reason and didnt trust my ranking of him

OK, so who do you start MW over? Jenning, D. Moore, DHB?

All 3.

I drafted Mike Williams this season. I also have Roddy White and Dwayne Bowe, and we only need to start 2 WR's. So Williams is, at best, a flex player for me. But I need to see how Josh Freeman does at the start of the season before I can start Williams at the flex. From what I've seen and read, it doesn't sound like Freeman is instilling much confidence in the rest of the team. When the team doesn't vote you to be the captain again, then that doesn't sound too good.

Good ability. However he's def the #3 on that team after Martin and Jackson. Can put up some decent numbers so if you have him as a bye week filler then it's not bad

Mike Williams is one of the players I drafted but I'm waiting a few weeks before I decide whether I want to start him or not. He has lots of potential compared to his ADP this season, but he doesn't have a long track record of consistent production. I would suggest a "wait and see" approach.

NFL.com 7/24/13

The Tampa Bay Buccaneers on Wednesday announced that the fourth-year wide receiver hassigned a new six-year contract that runs through the 2018 season. NFL.com's Ian Rapoport reported that the contract is worth $40.25 million, with $10 million in guarantees through 2014.

I've owned MW since he was a rook in my dyno league and was hoping he wouldn't re-up. I think Freeman is wildly inconsistent and the main reason MW isn't a top tier WR. On a better team with a QB who DOESN'T sail the ball 10ft over his head, MW could easily be a WR2 ranked in the 10-15 range.

MW is the Rodney Dangerfield of football. He gets no respect.

All 3.

I drafted Mike Williams this season. I also have Roddy White and Dwayne Bowe, and we only need to start 2 WR's. So Williams is, at best, a flex player for me. But I need to see how Josh Freeman does at the start of the season before I can start Williams at the flex. From what I've seen and read, it doesn't sound like Freeman is instilling much confidence in the rest of the team. When the team doesn't vote you to be the captain again, then that doesn't sound too good.

I would start dhb. I think his ceiling against the Raiders is higher than MW against the jets.

I wanted Tampa Mike in every league this year, and didn't manage to get him in any. Bummer. I'd absolutely be starting him this weekend against the Jets. He's a guy you can probably start 6-8 times this season and feel really good about it. On teams that went heavy on positions besides WR in the first 5-6 rounds, I'd even like him as a WR2.

Hmm, Tampa Mike might be the kind of guy to take it easy after he's been paid. There have reportedly been issues with his work ethic in the past