Sign in to follow this  
onejayhawk

TY Hilton vs DHB

Technically DHB is the starter. TYH has all the ink. Our own projections:

T.Y. Hilton IND 8 58 878 6 5 37 0 94.0

Darrius Heyward-Bey IND 8 38 535 3 0 0 0 56.0

Does anyone doubt one or the other?

FF Today's Take: DHB

The knock on Heyward-Bey since he entered the league was his hands. While he will be learning yet another offense with the Colts, he will play for the best quarterback he's had in five years in the NFL. Donnie Avery - a inconsistent-hands receiver like DHB - managed 60 catches last season in Indianapolis in 2012 and is not nearly as talented as Heyward-Bey. DHB - who will start ahead of T.Y. Hilton in two-receiver sets - has WR3 upside, but will start out the season as a fantasy WR4.

FF Today's Take: TYH

While Hilton is certainly praiseworthy, the timing is odd since Darrius Heyward-Bey was running with the first team until suffering a knee injury. It's clear the Colts want to foster a healthy competition between Heyward-Bey and Hilton at the very least. DHB is the better fit for the new offense while Hilton is more explosive. It is possible the two share snaps opposite Reggie Wayne, but both players have high-end WR3 upside.

My personal line for DHB has him almost exactly with Hilton's numbers, so I will not bother to post them. Hilton can keep the YPC, or even up it a trace, but only 45 catches.

Will either of these guys get serious red zone targets?

The knock on Heyward-Bey since he entered the league was his hands. While he will be learning yet another offense with the Colts, he will play for the best quarterback he's had in five years in the NFL. Donnie Avery - a inconsistent-hands receiver like DHB - managed 60 catches last season in Indianapolis in 2012 and is not nearly as talented as Heyward-Bey. DHB - who will start ahead of T.Y. Hilton in two-receiver sets - has WR3 upside, but will start out the season as a fantasy WR4.

While Hilton is certainly praiseworthy, the timing is odd since Darrius Heyward-Bey was running with the first team until suffering a knee injury. It's clear the Colts want to foster a healthy competition between Heyward-Bey and Hilton at the very least. DHB is the better fit for the new offense while Hilton is more explosive. It is possible the two share snaps opposite Reggie Wayne, but both players have high-end WR3 upside.

My personal line for DHB has him almost exactly with Hilton's numbers, so I will not bother to post them. Hilton can keep the YPC, or even up it a trace, but only 45 catches.

Well someone has to get those targets. Dhb is bigger so he may get more.

Way too low on TY, IMO. I think he gets about 75-80 catches. Had 50 as a rookie and both he and Luck should be improved this year.

I'm starting to get the feeling that DHB is being seriously overlooked. A former top 10 pick who's had 3 head coaches, 4 offensive coordinators, and 7 quarterbacks, now playing with the best offense he's ever been on and the best QB he's ever had. Then you have to ask yourself. Why has he beaten out an obviously talented receiver like Hilton for the #2 role? Why? WHY???

What if....DHB suddenly became the DHB he was drafted to be? Let's not forget also that Reggie Wayne is past the age when receivers start to see a pretty serious decline. Let's not forget also that DHB is playing, yep, the Raiders on Sunday.

I like a one week only flyer on this guy if you're in a deep league and have a roster spot.

DHB won the starting job because hes a better downfield blocker since they intend to run and use the tight ends much more. I drafted Hilton where I could because he has a lot of upside, but its also very likely he and DHB finish with similar stats. IF THEY DON'T though, it'll be Hilton who ends up outpacing him. I can't see it the other way around.

DHB won the starting job because hes a better downfield blocker since they intend to run and use the tight ends much more. I drafted Hilton where I could because he has a lot of upside, but its also very likely he and DHB finish with similar stats. IF THEY DON'T though, it'll be Hilton who ends up outpacing him. I can't see it the other way around.

Oh yeah, how could we be so stupid? The Colts are going to turn into a run first team because they have one of the highest potential young qbs ever and a very solid receiving core to go along with their wildly mediocre running backs.

• Like 1

i like hilton more then bey imo . he has looked great this past preseason . and he played with luck last season

I think for week 1 this is an avoid until we see how the coaching staff works this out. I'm benching both week 1 and long term, after seeing DHB's erratic past, he'll have to show a lot before I consider playing him outside of byes or injuries.

Guys playing against former team seem to find the end zone. Sitting nicks for DHB

Go home, you're drunk. Cowboys do not have a terribly formidable secondary.

Fleener and Allen have been battling injuries, Im not sure how insync or comfortable Luck will be with them. Hilton and Luck however, seem to be completely insync. Hilton should score tomorrow.