Sign in to follow this  
Criper

++ UPDATE: Shane Vereen - Placed on Short-term IR

I offered my Wilson for his vereen before the injury. He rejected, but now is crawling back...not sure if I should make that move still. I worry that the pats will hide Vereens true health.

Vereen seems to be constantly nicked up for a guy who hasn't even played very much. Very doubtful that's he's durable enough to carry the load of a starting RB even if given the opportunity.

That and the pats aren't a running team. I was trying to shop him first thing this morning, but couldn't get a trade done.

Un focking believable. Dude kills it last week and looks fantastic. Now he's virtually droppable in standard re-draft leagues. Unbelievable.

My luck with injuries continues this season. Have to hope d-will is a viable starter at least he looked decent against a tough run defense. Also glad my league added the ir spot this year.

From Rotoworld:

Patriots placed RB Shane Vereen (wrist surgery) on injured reserve/designated to return.

Vereen was expected to miss only 2-3 weeks, but as usual with the Patriots, we didn't know the truth. Vereen won't be eligible to practice for six weeks, and can't return until Week 11 (New England is on bye in Week 10). It's a massive blow for an offense that's unusually short on playmakers as it waits for Rob Gronkowski to return. It also means Stevan Ridley could start getting some run on third downs, but Leon Washington is a candidate for passing-down snaps. Inexplicably, LeGarrette Blount now finds himself No. 2 on the depth chart, but that could change once Brandon Bolden (knee) returns. The Pats are likely in the market for veteran help. Vereen was primed for a fantasy breakout before going down. Put simply, it's a bummer.

what a bummer... didn't own him in any league, but was looking forward to see what he could do this season

This year really blows.

4 teams worth:

Bell, Dez, Amendola, Vereen, Brown, Romo, Sudfeld (might as well have died), Bush....

Geez, enuff already!