Sign in to follow this  
Skinny_Bastard

Finley and his Toe

He suffered a turf toe injury in game one. This was a popular injury a few years back and i recall Gates had it one year.

What's everyones thought on the impact of this injury. Heard it takes months to heal and makes it near impossible to push off of it.

http://www.espnmilwaukee.com/page.php?page_id=278

“Willis fell on my heels and all of my toes dorsiflexed. From there, I felt it during the course of the game, but (with an) adrenaline rush and (because I) wanted to be out there, I didn’t really say nothing until after the game,” Finley said. “But me dealing with a turf toe (is no different) than the next guy's. I have the mentality I want to play. I don’t have anything in my mind that I want to sit down Sunday. We have four days until Sunday, so if it’s up to me I’m going to be up there.”

that injury is a deal breaker when it comes to playing time. its not a pain thing, its an I cant run thing. and a stride thing

that injury is a deal breaker when it comes to playing time. its not a pain thing, its an I cant run thing. and a stride thing

I recall it being an almost death sentence for running backs. What's the impact of this for a TE or WR?

Great. First Sudfeld shat the bed and cost me my week. I would have won if I had Finley in. Now this? Going to pick up Dallas Clark and see how he does.

Any chance this is a misdiagnosis?

I really thought Finley would be good this year and tried to trade for him in a couple leagues. Glad I didn't get him now..

So his big toe was bent practically flat against the top of his foot :huh: ???

i read it as a hyperextention of his toes.... dunno... glad I drafted Air Jordan Cameron, actually started him over finley week 1... Add Finley to the LeVeon Bell, Shane Vereen, Jonathan Stewart, Aaron Dobson injury caravan, just keeps expanding... Got more injured guys than healthy.

I have less concerns with Finley's toe than I do with his hands. he is the rock monster in Never Ending Story... They look like strong hands.... But they aren't.

i read it as a hyperextention of his toes.... dunno... glad I drafted Air Jordan Cameron, actually started him over finley week 1... Add Finley to the LeVeon Bell, Shane Vereen, Jonathan Stewart, Aaron Dobson injury caravan, just keeps expanding... Got more injured guys than healthy.

Dorsiflexion <> hyperextension, technically speaking. But in practical terms you guys mean the same thing. The toe flexed up beyond its normal range of motion (but not almost flat against the top of his foot, as this certainly would have torn ligaments).

yeah my commissioner messed up and wont allow any add drops this week so i am stuck with finley in my lineup...... i lost last week and now this... not great start to my season and with wilson as a rb i am in trouble :thumbsdown:

So any updates on Finley's toe? He is probable... anyone hear if it seemed to bother him in practice or warmups when the time comes?