Sign in to follow this  
Upper Class Trash

Mike Wallace (this week and the rest of the season)

Wallace is a polarizing player. I give him a pass for last week as Haden can shut down almost anyone. Does Wallace rebound against Indy? How do you think is season ends up overall?

I have to keep an eye on him. I drafted him in a larger league as my 3rd WR. Since we start three, my options of replacing him are pretty minimal. Alshon Jeffery or Dwayne Bowe are my guys on the bench. I'm not a Bowe fan at all with Smith throwing him the ball. The game last week summed up my thoughts; Alex Smith is a game manager who looks off his first read VERY quickly. That's not bad for a team, but in fantasyland, it's horrible if you own his starting WR.

Owner offered me Wallace for Sproles. Not sure if I'll do it.

I'd do it. At the very least, Sproles provides you with a reliable flex every week. I don't have much faith in Wallace. I actually think Hartline will continue to outperform him.

I'm torn on this guy. Is it his problem, or is Tannehill the problem? Or, was it simply a Joe Haden problem? I would think he sees a LOT more targets this week, but another 1 point game is going to cause me to refill my Xanex prescription.

I don't like him at Miami. They don't have the talent around him to allow him to run wild like when he was a Steeler.

Look at his career stats

http://sports.yahoo.com/nfl/players/9348/

Notice a trend? More targets every year, yet less yards.

Looks like he is a one trick pony and teams have figured him out.

This is pretty close to the mark.

As a Steelers homer, I was always a little uneasy with Wallace, noticing that he would disappear for long stretches of time, then catch that 1 big one in the 3rd or 4th quarter to salvage his stat line. I don't feel that he's a true #1 receiver, and the Steelers seem to agree, which is why they refused to franchise him or pay him #1 WR money. He's best suited to be the outside burner/field-stretcher on a team with a true #1 on the other side. The Steelers tried to make him that 90-catch, go-to-guy and it didn't work. Now the Dolphins are making the same mistake.

This is not news. There were a lot of warnings about this in the pre season publications and blogs. If you own him, you're probably stuck with him unless he puts in a good game or two. Otherwise his value is nothing. I've seen some trades proposals on another site and what people were offering for him was pretty poor.

Everyone says WR is the deepest position and easiest to replace, so I don't know why suddenly everyone is acting like Wallace is impossible to replace and is going to kill your fantasy season.

If you have Wallace it likely means you waited on WR. Your other players should be carrying your team and if Wallace ever does show up all the better.

If you don't think he will, drop him for Rod Streater if that's still an option. If that fails, grab one of the Jets WRs that you think will be Geno Smith's primary WR, he's better than Sanchez so at least one of his WRs should be able to put up WR3 stats, which is what you got Wallace for (maybe WR2 at best, nobody drafted him to be a WR1 however).

If WR was an important position for you, you certainly would have drafted other players instead, and earlier. I think the highest anyone could have taken Wallace is 7th/8th round, which isn't going to break you.

hold up guys, the dolphins paid him a lot of money. i don't think they're going to strictly send him on go routes. he will get more involved, but the first week was tough against haden. tannehill said that he was taking what the defense gave him (that's why hartline had such a big game).

anyways, you drafted him at WR3 prices this year. the risk was built into the price.

Hmm... the food for thought is buffet level ITT.

As a finhead I am praying that the planet is wrong on Wallace. Ok sure those numbers paint a pretty strong case, then again sometimes just changing the team makes all the difference in the world. Look at welker, he was a dolphin forever until they dumped him and look what happened, NE is still talking about him and he has been kicked to the curb. Now I don't know if Wallace can be like that, I just hope so. Week one had a mountain of issues IMO so, gonna have to exclude that for the moment and hope the game with Indy is all about revenge and redemption.

Oh and tannehill isn't the problem in my view, I think he's playing pretty well and is not making stupid decisions. Now, if that is why he isn't throwing to the 17 then LOL on us we just pissed away 60M for nothin!!!!

Hmm... the food for thought is buffet level ITT.

As a finhead I am praying that the planet is wrong on Wallace. Ok sure those numbers paint a pretty strong case, then again sometimes just changing the team makes all the difference in the world. Look at welker, he was a dolphin forever until they dumped him and look what happened, NE is still talking about him and he has been kicked to the curb. Now I don't know if Wallace can be like that, I just hope so. Week one had a mountain of issues IMO so, gonna have to exclude that for the moment and hope the game with Indy is all about revenge and redemption.

Oh and tannehill isn't the problem in my view, I think he's playing pretty well and is not making stupid decisions. Now, if that is why he isn't throwing to the 17 then LOL on us we just pissed away 60M for nothin!!!!

True, Welker was a Dolphin and sucked, then went to the Pats and was awesome. Brandon Marshall sucked as a Dolphin and is back to being awesome as a Bear. And now Wallace sucks as a Dolph....

Hey there seems to be a pattern here. All the WRs that play on the Dolphins just seem to suck! So Wallace is probably screwed until he leaves for another team too.

LOL, if your not into tannehill then nothing appears to have changed...however if you have been watching since the 80's, it would be obvious that even Megatron would suck or be avg when he is being fed by ray Lucas and jay fiedler

those were good WR in Miami and u are right, the trend is the team sucks because they had nothing at QB and guys like Pennington were just ok, and easily not great and certainly not star studded enough to rescue a blah team.

with tannehill I think improvement has finally come, I think he is playing good, and even though it looks kind of conservative he seems to be gravitating towards smart decisions and not just hucking the ball downfield aimlessly.

100% lock on a ring this year, no, nobody is, headed in the right direction finally, ya... Wallace on the other hand, is facing a $60M bust scenario and playing the part well thus far.

Someone already gave up on him in my 12 team ppr...I picked him up dropping Thompkins when I lost out on Edelman