Sign in to follow this  
Redzonehog

Bernard Pierce...crappy YPC

There seems to be 2 things that correlate very highly with those that play FF.

The first is a lack of understanding of sample size, which applies here.

The other is self-centeredness, which isn't directed at the OP, but rather the many useless threads that appear on the board. .

Funny...my league does not award or discount points for yards per carry.

The fact is...if Rice is out, he is going to get the lions' share of carries for what has recently been a very solid running football team.

There seems to be 2 things that correlate very highly with those that play FF.

The first is a lack of understanding of sample size, which applies here.

The other is self-centeredness, which isn't directed at the OP, but rather the many useless threads that appear on the board. .

Dude, it's ok. You don't have to give a technical analysis....it'll be alright.....seriously. I love how many people jump at the opportunity to try and make someone look bad on this stupid message board.

I made a comment bc 2.8 YPC didn't look great to me. I think that says more about the Oline than it does Rice or Pierce. I know they are both talented players...but the fact of the matter is I'd love to burn my waiver on someone who will actually provide production. Not saying Pierce won't, but it's far from a safe bet.

If you can't understand that, then nothing else I could possibly say will help you....

IF IF IF Rice is out this week I'm starting Pierce with confidence at RB2 over Lamar Miller, Tate, Joique Bell, etc.

IF IF IF Rice is out this week I'm starting Pierce with confidence at RB2 over Lamar Miller, Tate, Joique Bell, etc.

Hmm, I dunno. I think Lamar Miller is a strong play. If they keep feeding Wallace that really opens up the run game, because he can take the top off of a defense and it forces them to commit long. Wallace is a very dangerous player.

I'm not very high on the Raven's offense this year. I just don't think that team is that good. It used to be the SB loser had the hangover, but more recently it seems to be the SB winner plays poorly.

Hmm, I dunno. I think Lamar Miller is a strong play. If they keep feeding Wallace that really opens up the run game, because he can take the top off of a defense and it forces them to commit long. Wallace is a very dangerous player.

I'm not very high on the Raven's offense this year. I just don't think that team is that good. It used to be the SB loser had the hangover, but more recently it seems to be the SB winner plays poorly.

I liked seeing Miller bounce-back this week against Indy but that inexplicable timeshare with Thomas and now Clay getting goal line carries just really saps his ceiling week-to-week. If Rice is out I'll more likely opt for the bell cow in BAL even if just for one week. Heck if Bush is out for DET I may just roll with Bell...we'll see how the week progresses.

I liked seeing Miller bounce-back this week against Indy but that inexplicable timeshare with Thomas and now Clay getting goal line carries just really saps his ceiling week-to-week. If Rice is out I'll more likely opt for the bell cow in BAL even if just for one week. Heck if Bush is out for DET I may just roll with Bell...we'll see how the week progresses.

For this week, especially if Bush is out, start Bell. The Redskins can not stop anybody.

Dude, it's ok. You don't have to give a technical analysis....it'll be alright.....seriously. I love how many people jump at the opportunity to try and make someone look bad on this stupid message board.

I made a comment bc 2.8 YPC didn't look great to me. I think that says more about the Oline than it does Rice or Pierce. I know they are both talented players...but the fact of the matter is I'd love to burn my waiver on someone who will actually provide production. Not saying Pierce won't, but it's far from a safe bet.

If you can't understand that, then nothing else I could possibly say will help you....

Go back and read your original post. It sure looks like you just started a thread about your random waiver wire thought...Why do we care that you decided not to pick up Pierce because he is averaging 2.8 ypc? Then your panties get in a wad when someone tells you that the sample size is too small to make a conclusion that his ypc for the season will remain at 2.8. If we follow that same logic, Eddie Royal will catch 40 tds, Peyton Manning will throw 72 tds, and there are a whole bunch of guys drafted in early rounds that are going to score 0 tds this year (T Rich and CJ Spiller are two that come to mind)

Pierce has 28 carries to this point. If he rips off a 50 yard run on his next carry, he suddenly jumps to a respectable 4.45 ypc. Would he suddenly become WW material at that point?

If everyone posted every waiver wire thought they had or lineup decision they were debating about on the main bored, it would have hundreds of these posts every day and absolutely zero general FF info...But that's another topic for another day.

you need to slow your roll junior. I know it's fun and exciting to be on a message board and what not, but every little thing that pops into your head doesn't deserve a new thread. Hell it doesn't even deserve a response in an existing thread. You and djgb13 and a billion others on this board just either regurgitate the same thing thats been mentioned 80 times already by others, or start inane threads very specific to your teams as if anyone cares. Seriously, NO ONE FVCKING CARES!!!

HTH

Go back and read your original post. It sure looks like you just started a thread about your random waiver wire thought...Why do we care that you decided not to pick up Pierce because he is averaging 2.8 ypc? Then your panties get in a wad when someone tells you that the sample size is too small to make a conclusion that his ypc for the season will remain at 2.8. If we follow that same logic, Eddie Royal will catch 40 tds, Peyton Manning will throw 72 tds, and there are a whole bunch of guys drafted in early rounds that are going to score 0 tds this year (T Rich and CJ Spiller are two that come to mind)

Pierce has 28 carries to this point. If he rips off a 50 yard run on his next carry, he suddenly jumps to a respectable 4.45 ypc. Would he suddenly become WW material at that point?

If everyone posted every waiver wire thought they had or lineup decision they were debating about on the main bored, it would have hundreds of these posts every day and absolutely zero general FF info...But that's another topic for another day.

No need for me to go back and look at my first post...I know very well what I said. How about you go back and look at the one I JUST posted in response to your mindless BS? Comprehension is clearly not your strong suit.

The fact that I said the offensive line is my main concern (2.8 YPC for Rice as well), pretty much throws your "sample size" argument out the window at this point. As for posting my thoughts on a waiver wire prospect (arguably the most highly discussed one since yesterday), I'm pretty sure there already HAVE been a ton of posts on Pierce since Sunday. It's absolutely a relevant topic. Had I started a thread on whether or not to add Bruce Gradkowski as my QB2, then you'd have a point. But right now, you're just a know-it-all focktard who can't stand to see someone beside yourself giving thoughts on a message board.

And don't act you're an expert either, because if you were, you wouldn't be here now would you genius??

OP trolling aside

I am put into a very tough decision this week with Pierce on my bench. Now most any week this should be a no brainer IMO. If Rice is out Pierce is the main RB the Ravens are going to utilize. He will get a much higher percentage of touches than he or Rice have received up to this point. The problem this week is Houston's defense.

As of now I have Pierce slotted into my flex, but I think I will be changing my mind before the end of the week. I just don't trust the Ravens offense, or more specifically their run game, against the Texans. Most likely the only thing that will make Pierece's week worthy of a start in hindsight next week will be a goal line TD or more. He will probably need 2 goal line TDs to make him start worthy in non PPR. I can easily see a stat line of 36 yards and a TD.

No need for me to go back and look at my first post...I know very well what I said. How about you go back and look at the one I JUST posted in response to your mindless BS? Comprehension is clearly not your strong suit.

The fact that I said the offensive line is my main concern (2.8 YPC for Rice as well), pretty much throws your "sample size" argument out the window at this point. As for posting my thoughts on a waiver wire prospect (arguably the most highly discussed one since yesterday), I'm pretty sure there already HAVE been a ton of posts on Pierce since Sunday. It's absolutely a relevant topic. Had I started a thread on whether or not to add Bruce Gradkowski as my QB2, then you'd have a point. But right now, you're just a know-it-all focktard who can't stand to see someone beside yourself giving thoughts on a message board.

And don't act you're an expert either, because if you were, you wouldn't be here now would you genius??

I'm fairly certain this is the only response you've had for me. I was unable to find another response from you within this thread.

If the offensive line is your main concern, then that should be part of your original post. Instead, you decide to start crappy threads before putting together a coherent though. Another hint...If there are already a bunch of posts on Pierce, I'd strongly recommend those threads to post your genius thoughts.

I never have and never will claim to be an expert because, despite what you may think, there are no experts when it comes to FF. We can pull together historical data, look at coaching changes, look at player personnel changes, injury history, etc. But as soon as the season starts, all that draft prep pretty much all goes out the window.

Good luck the rest of the way. :cheers:

I'm fairly certain this is the only response you've had for me. I was unable to find another response from you within this thread.

If the offensive line is your main concern, then that should be part of your original post. Instead, you decide to start crappy threads before putting together a coherent though. Another hint...If there are already a bunch of posts on Pierce, I'd strongly recommend those threads to post your genius thoughts.

I never have and never will claim to be an expert because, despite what you may think, there are no experts when it comes to FF. We can pull together historical data, look at coaching changes, look at player personnel changes, injury history, etc. But as soon as the season starts, all that draft prep pretty much all goes out the window.

Good luck the rest of the way. :cheers:

Oh my apologies, I honestly assumed you were in fact the one who had started the discussion with me, considering you jumped in like I had personally attacked you. Either way, I'm truly flattered to have your unsolicited attention.

Another thing, I don't have to have your permission before starting a thread. I'll say what I want when I want without having to break it down and cater your SPED level comprehension needs. Here's some free education for you anyway...a talented RB with low YPC almost always means the O-line is underperforming. I would just expect any average joe to know something that obvious...I gave you way too much credit. If you can't think above that sh!t for brain level of yours, just don't bother responding to a post....problem solved.

you need to slow your roll junior. I know it's fun and exciting to be on a message board and what not, but every little thing that pops into your head doesn't deserve a new thread. Hell it doesn't even deserve a response in an existing thread. You and djgb13 and a billion others on this board just either regurgitate the same thing thats been mentioned 80 times already by others, or start inane threads very specific to your teams as if anyone cares. Seriously, NO ONE FVCKING CARES!!!

HTH

#1 - Someone with the name "pooh" should never criticize ANYONE.....EVER.

#2 - What in the fock are you going to do about it if I start a new thread related to a highly discussed player? Seriously...would you ever talk to someone like that in real life? Get off me, you little b!tch. I'm sick of pieces of sh!t like you passing judgement because you disagree with what other people say. You don't make a lick of sense in your posts anyway, loser. Fock off.

#1 - Someone with the name "pooh" should never criticize ANYONE.....EVER.

#2 - What in the fock are you going to do about it if I start a new thread related to a highly discussed player? Seriously...would you ever talk to someone like that in real life? Get off me, you little b!tch. I'm sick of pieces of sh!t like you passing judgement because you disagree with what other people say. You don't make a lick of sense in your posts anyway, loser. Fock off.

Damn you got me good. You are a man, I'm just a boy...

Now tell me about that 2nd WW position you have and the 8 different options you're considering. Both I and everyone else here waits with bated breath!!!

Damn you got me good. You are a man, I'm just a boy...

Now tell me about that 2nd WW position you have and the 8 different options you're considering. Both I and everyone else here waits with bated breath!!!

Oh really? Too bad...I was never talking to you anyway, moron. I post so I can get feedback from people who use the board for the same reason I do...to get different opinions on players. That should be the ONLY reason for anyone to spend a second here.

Too bad losers like yourself have a different agenda of trying to sound intelligent while bashing other opinions because you know you are a failure in real life. I almost feel sorry for you, but you seem to enjoy being that stupid. I'll let you bask in your glory.

Another thing, I don't have to have your permission before starting a thread. I'll say what I want when I want without having to break it down and cater your SPED level comprehension needs. Here's some free education for you anyway...a talented RB with low YPC almost always means the O-line is underperforming. I would just expect any average joe to know something that obvious...I gave you way too much credit. If you can't think above that sh!t for brain level of yours, just don't bother responding to a post....problem solved.

I'm not too proud to admit that I have a low level of reading comprehension (in fact, this was the area I scored the lowest on the LSAT). So, can you please spell out what the point of the thread is? You say you know that Pierce is running behind a poor O-line because of the ypc statistic. As a result, you're not going to pick him up off of waivers. You also state that you use the board to solicit feedback on players. When someone points out that the sample size is too small to draw a conclusion about Pierce the rest of the season, you get all worked up. But that's why you come to the boards...to solicit feedback.

Sorry Jr., you can't have it both ways. :doh:

Here's a little bit more info for you. The Baltimore Ravens have played the Browns and Broncos. Those defense have allowed 2.0 yards per carry each. Based on this information, we could conclude that the Ravens offensive line is actually okay, since they're averaging a higher ypc average than the other teams the Broncos/Browns faced (Giants and Dolphins, respectively). They just happen to have played strong run defenses through week 2. However, I'm not going to draw this conclusion yet, as the sample size is too small at this point.

I'm not too proud to admit that I have a low level of reading comprehension (in fact, this was the area I scored the lowest on the LSAT). So, can you please spell out what the point of the thread is? You say you know that Pierce is running behind a poor O-line because of the ypc statistic. As a result, you're not going to pick him up off of waivers. You also state that you use the board to solicit feedback on players. When someone points out that the sample size is too small to draw a conclusion about Pierce the rest of the season, you get all worked up. But that's why you come to the boards...to solicit feedback.

Sorry Jr., you can't have it both ways. :doh:

Here's a little bit more info for you. The Baltimore Ravens have played the Browns and Broncos. Those defense have allowed 2.0 yards per carry each. Based on this information, we could conclude that the Ravens offensive line is actually okay, since they're averaging a higher ypc average than the other teams the Broncos/Browns faced (Giants and Dolphins, respectively). They just happen to have played strong run defenses through week 2. However, I'm not going to draw this conclusion yet, as the sample size is too small at this point.

Way to flex those muscles, big guy. I'm proud of you for going to law school.

Anyhow, had you given me feedback without being a d!ck about it, I wouldn't have given you a taste of your own medicine. That seems to be the trend on this message board....plenty can sling it but few can take it in return. So yeah, feedback on actual relevance would be great. Hope that helps, Jr.

WoW! It's hilarious how you two keep coming back for the last word.

Why do you people keep letting him troll you?

Way to flex those muscles, big guy. I'm proud of you for going to law school.

Anyhow, had you given me feedback without being a d!ck about it, I wouldn't have given you a taste of your own medicine. That seems to be the trend on this message board....plenty can sling it but few can take it in return. So yeah, feedback on actual relevance would be great. Hope that helps, Jr.

Not flexing anything...I can admit that my reading comprehension isn't where I'd like it to be.

The original response to you about the sample size being low did not have any condescending douchery included. You jumped on him for the lack of a technical response...But his response was spot on.

Why do you people keep letting him troll you?

Look up the definition of "troll" moron. A rebuttal is not "trolling". You are one dumb motherf'er.

Not flexing anything...I can admit that my reading comprehension isn't where I'd like it to be.

The original response to you about the sample size being low did not have any condescending douchery included. You jumped on him for the lack of a technical response...But his response was spot on.

You keep referring to "sample size". Enough already. I'm not so much referring to that as much as his next paragraph that calls my post useless and that I am "self-centered" because I am asking about something that may or may not help with the success of my team.

Again. The ONLY reason for this message board is to get feedback that will help your team. If you come here for any reason besides that (i.e. to give focking lame self-righteous responses just because of a simple question asked), you have a problem and should probably hire a shrink to discuss your low self esteem and how you can feel better about yourself without having to attack others on the internet. Bottom line...I'll post what I want, and I guarantee you it will be fantasy relevant. If I'm posting anything other than that, it's bc some know-it-all felt the need to puff his cyber chest. I seriously hope that makes sense. If not, I'm sorry. This is getting old, and I'm tired of going back and forth with morons who start sh!t then get offended when I spout off right back. Oh well, I guess that won't change, but I don't have time for this.

You keep referring to "sample size". Enough already. I'm not so much referring to that as much as his next paragraph that calls my post useless and that I am "self-centered" because I am asking about something that may or may not help with the success of my team.

Again. The ONLY reason for this message board is to get feedback that will help your team. If you come here for any reason besides that (i.e. to give focking lame self-righteous responses just because of a simple question asked), you have a problem and should probably hire a shrink to discuss your low self esteem and how you can feel better about yourself without having to attack others on the internet. Bottom line...I'll post what I want, and I guarantee you it will be fantasy relevant. If I'm posting anything other than that, it's bc some know-it-all felt the need to puff his cyber chest. I seriously hope that makes sense. If not, I'm sorry. This is getting old, and I'm tired of going back and forth with morons who start sh!t then get offended when I spout off right back. Oh well, I guess that won't change, but I don't have time for this.

You must have missed the part where he said that it wasn't directed at you, the OP.

Keep posting...I'll keep reading and and looking for something of FF relevance.

Good luck in your leagues.

You must have missed the part where he said that it wasn't directed at you, the OP.

Keep posting...I'll keep reading and and looking for something of FF relevance.

Good luck in your leagues.

Sorry - wasn't sure what OP meant - sue me, mr. attorney. My post was very relevant, you just apparently love unproven backup RBs. I questioned one, and you didn't like it...we'll leave it at that.

Good luck in the courtroom...can't really see poor comprehension skills transferring very well when prosecuting/defending someone in the court of law, but what do I know?