Sign in to follow this  
Djgb13

Anyone Trading for Spiller?

Recently the Spiller owner in my league proposed a trade for my Fred Jackson for his Spiller. Im just wondering what you guys thoughts are on Spiller and if anyone is trading for him. I have not put Jackson in my line up at all but he has consistenly scored double digit points every week whereas Spiller has not. Is Spiller worth trying to get?

Just the fact that hes offering Spiller for jackson is a telling tale. Logic says pull the trigger tho and wait for Fjax to get dinged up. Since you arent starting him anyway u may as well reach for upside, id pull the trigger.

The thing is though does everyone trust Spiller? From what I have seen so far this year he hasnt done much of anything. Plus hes dinged up as well. ROY is what Im trying to look at. A lot of people are even thinking Spiller might lose the starting job to Jackson soon.

why would spiller, a young emerging back on an awful bills team with an injured rookie qb, lose the "job" to a 32 year old when that franchise isn't winning anything this year...he will be given every opportunity to get 17-25 touches a game granted he's healthy

fjax will be involved (especially in short-yardage) and i think it's been made pretty clear how the distribution will be set...you should be more concerned about that ROS schedule and ej manuel's health than fred jackson in respect to spiller's productivity

with that said, i'm buying spiller right now in all leagues as a mid-tier rb2 with upside..just don't purchase at his preseason value

im a bills fan and i just traded for spiller. I gave ty hilton, keenan allen, zac stacy for Spiller Blackmon.

i think spiller will have a much better year going forward, no real logic other than that he is extremely talented.

• Like 1

im a bills fan and i just traded for spiller. I gave ty hilton, keenan allen, zac stacy for Spiller Blackmon.

i think spiller will have a much better year going forward, no real logic other than that he is extremely talented.

What color was the ski mask you were wearing?

Spiller will be fine.

At his Age, FJax will only last so long and then he will get hurt.

Make the deal.

So ROY who would you rather have. Spiller or FJax?

I'd say Spiller. Much more upside.

But it was reported that Spiller still had a bit of a limp at practice yesterday. So this week is probably more playing time for F-Jax again like last week.

and this is probably why FJax has been getting so many reps of late.

Spiller has been dinged up a lot of this season it seems.

The lack of target in the receiving game is what has me worried. He'll be a monster once F jax goes down with an injury and he starts getting 3rd downs and goal line

I'm dialing 911 for the victim you raped. That poor soul will spend the rest of the season int the fetal position sucking his thumb.

The thing is though does everyone trust Spiller? From what I have seen so far this year he hasnt done much of anything. Plus hes dinged up as well. ROY is what Im trying to look at. A lot of people are even thinking Spiller might lose the starting job to Jackson soon.

I was thinking of trading T-Rich for CJ, but like you said, I just can't trust the dude to finish a game. After every carry I'd be holding my breath to see if he got hurt again. No thank. T-Rich ain't much, but at least he won't quit on me.

Do you think FJax will hold up all year though? Spiller has been dinged a lot this season. I don't really plan on using FJax cause he was drafted as my 4th RB. However spiller could easily be a top back. Jackson has been playing like one but I don't think he lasts all season

If you don't play FJax then Spiller is for sure worth getting for upside alone. Remember he was #7RB last year in most scoring systems.

Seeing that I already had Jackson, I traded David Wilson (before the injury) and James Jones for Spiller. My guess is that Jackson will break down by week 10. Spiller should be healed and ready to carry the load from there on in.

If you are assured of making your playoff, trade for Spiller.

All good points.

I think a big question here is, can Spiller stay healthy? Yes, the upside is there.

BUT If he starts taking the bulk of the carries, do you not think he will be dinged up as well. It's really a catch 22. I don't trust Spiller for the long haul. I believe F Jax, even when remotely healthy will grab carries away from Spiller. Even still I believe both backs are going to leap frog each other throughout the season.

Ok, the first thing is, you cannot predict injuries...not for Spiller, nor for Fred Jackson. I've given serious consideration for trading away Chris Johnson for Spiller, simply because Johnson isn't running like he used to, doesn't get short TD ops, and rarely catches passes these days. If that continues to be the case, I'll take the big-play upside of Spiller all day long.

Ok, the first thing is, you cannot predict injuries...not for Spiller, nor for Fred Jackson. I've given serious consideration for trading away Chris Johnson for Spiller, simply because Johnson isn't running like he used to, doesn't get short TD ops, and rarely catches passes these days. If that continues to be the case, I'll take the big-play upside of Spiller all day long.

I'd much rather own Spiller than Johnson... I'm a Johnson owner..

If I could get Spiller for CJ2K, I would most certainly take that.

I would take the big play upside for Spiller here too, if someone were to do that trade with you. Duuuuh?

Johnson for Spiller is lopsided in your favor dude. That is a no brainer. :dunno:

I got Spiller for Cecil Shorts, I think I caught the other guy in a moment of homicidal insanity.

I'm starting Shorts over Spiller this week.

He showed how fast he is on his td last week while obviously limping the entire run. The upside is still there and Jackson has missed the end of the season the last few years.

Don't trade low, you will regret it.

I got Doug Martin for CJ Spiller. But it's a keeper league where salaries are involved. Spillers salary will be $20 which happens to be about half of what Martins is, $45. In a $265 salary cap league. The guy who traded him to me is trying to cut salary and get keepers at good/great prices for next year, because he started off very badly and has already thrown in the towel, total points league.

The thing is Jackson is actually in the top 10 in points for rbs this year. Do you think that holds up especially with EJ Manuel is injured? Who would benefit from that? Spiller or Jackson?

Owning Spiller has been brutal, but I do feel his best football is ahead of him. If I had been smart enough not to draft him, I would definitely be looking to buy low now. I have a gut feeling he'll eventually be the dynamic player we were all hoping for this summer.