Sign in to follow this  
ricanrockers

Randle Cobb out

A few weeks to a month........Per Ian Rapoport on Twitter

Yikes.

http://www.rotoworld.com/player/nfl/6497/randall-cobb

A source tells the Milwaukee Journal-Sentinel that Randall Cobb fractured his right fibula in Week 6 against the Ravens, and will be sidelined 6-8 weeks.

ESPN earlier reported the "expectation" was Cobb would only miss two games, but the Journal-Sentinel's Ty Dunne is disputing that story. Per Dunne, Cobb "nearly broke the fibula entirely," and coach Mike McCarthy confirmed in Monday's press conference Cobb would miss "multiple weeks." Dunne tweeted that his source is "adamant" this is a 6-8 week injury, and not something Cobb could return from in a matter of a few games. Fantasy owners can hang on for a more definitive timetable, but it's going to be hard to keep Cobb rostered if the Journal-Sentinel's report proves true. Jordy Nelson, Jermichael Finley, and to a lesser extent James Jones get fantasy box-score boosts. Oct 14 - 6:05 PM

Source: Milwaukee Journal-Sentinel

i wonder if grabbing Boykins is wise or going in another direction?

Man... That is going to hurt. Now they have stone hands Finley and rock arms Boykin. I think Rodgers can still make due, but the Packers better look at replacing their training crew. They always are riddled with injuries.

Packers almost never trade, but there are 2 good ones out there they might want to think about.

Crap. This sucks

Finley couldn't catch a football wrapped in double sided tape standing still

Thanks for the laugh, Finley owner here..... What is wrong with that dude ?? Jeeeez !

Not sure they would need a high quality replacement. A savvy vet who's a solid route runner with passable speed could probably produce in that offense with Rodgers dealing the ball. They passed on Marshawn Lynch a few years back when they probably could've had him easily for a 2nd rounder. So it'd be a waiver wire move definitely. Boykin needs to go stack the cups of gatorade in neat little rows on a table.

This is so crazy. A few weeks ago I was going along nicely and now I'm being decimated by injuries. This sucks.

I was going to stash Cobb but just read he's going on IR and won't be able to come back till Week 15! He's a drop for sure in fantasy now. :mad:

http://espn.go.com/nfl/story/_/id/9830717/green-bay-packers-place-randall-cobb-injured-reserve-designated-return-list

I know this may sound crazy. But I might stash. My team is 6-0 and deep enough to possibly still make the playoffs. He could be gold come week 15.

I know this may sound crazy. But I might stash. My team is 6-0 and deep enough to possibly still make the playoffs. He could be gold come week 15.

Thinking the same thing. Who knows, maybe he comes back sooner. I got V.Jackson, Gordon and Garçon holding down the fort for now.

Thinking the same thing. Who knows, maybe he comes back sooner. I got V.Jackson, Gordon and Garçon holding down the fort for now.

He can't come back sooner they already designated him, w15 is the earliest.

I can understand stashing him, I've been considering it myself, but to come back in Week 15 is just way too long IMO. Week 15 is fantasy semifinals. Would you really feel comfortable, if you make it that far of course, starting Cobb in a must win semifinals game when he's coming off a two month absence? I can see the upside but I can also see a lot of people getting burned by a move like this.

He can't come back sooner they already designated him, w15 is the earliest.

Ahh, didn't know that. Oh well, here's hoping I make it deep into the playoffs!

Is dropping the right move here? I'm already stashing Vereen...

He's droppable, won't be back till week 15. If/when he comes back, are you willing to plug him in immediately and start him after he's been out for 2 months?